Author Topic: What is FL hiding?  (Read 27663 times)

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
Re: What is FL hiding?
« Reply #300 on: September 27, 2020, 12:02:54 AM »
we know no one is perfect, so how else would you decide if someone did well or not?

You're setting the bar for comparison at the very bottom. Why does NY need to be the barometer for FL's failures, or anyone's for that matter?
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 27, 2020, 12:05:42 AM »
You're setting the bar for comparison at the very bottom. Why does NY need to be the barometer for FL's failures, or anyone's for that matter?
Because NY is being touted as the model state.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #302 on: September 27, 2020, 12:08:32 AM »
Because NY is being touted as the model state.

Not by anyone here. Never has been, never will be.

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #303 on: September 27, 2020, 10:07:08 AM »
What was the alternative and what would the results have been?
I guarantee you he wasn’t demanding an apology expecting to have 14,000 deaths. He was completely blindsided by a virus 4 months after it landed in the US.

Why do you keep insisting on bringing up NY? I don’t remember defending New York’s response, though an *obvious* difference was Florida being hit much later.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 29, 2020, 08:28:38 PM »
https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/disney-to-layoff-28000-employees-as-covid-19-continues-to-hammer-its-theme-parks

Tell me this had nothing to do with FL's push to keep things as open as possible. These poor people are in for a surprise, as FL's unemployment benefits are some of the worst in the nation, and DeSantis just opted out of the $300 weekly Fed benefit.

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 29, 2020, 10:04:50 PM »
https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/disney-to-layoff-28000-employees-as-covid-19-continues-to-hammer-its-theme-parks

Tell me this had nothing to do with FL's push to keep things as open as possible. These poor people are in for a surprise, as FL's unemployment benefits are some of the worst in the nation, and DeSantis just opted out of the $300 weekly Fed benefit.

They would've been better off unemployed earlier getting the extra $600/week and having more time to look for work.
Visibly Jewish

Offline Tomorrow

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 29, 2020, 10:10:00 PM »

DisneyLand is in California
Sorry if I ask so many questions, but life is short and there is so much to learn! Let's help each other be great!

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 29, 2020, 10:13:08 PM »
DisneyLand is in California

Good call. Saw Disney and FL bias kicked in.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 07, 2020, 04:57:25 PM »
I don't agree with the opinion that no additional precautions were taken. From mid-to-late July, there was a big surge in mask usage from what I saw. Coincidentally (or not) around the time Trump changed course on masks.

In Miami right now, in terms of compliance it feels like I’m in a different country. Everyone wears masks everywhere indoors. It’s definitely much hotter here but I haven’t stumbled upon anyone that died from oxygen deprivation. And the 2 shuls I visited were 100% masked. The only 2 people I saw without a mask in the hotel were travelers from a familiar place.
Visibly Jewish