Author Topic: What is FL hiding?  (Read 27680 times)

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
Re: What is FL hiding?
« Reply #280 on: August 26, 2020, 03:39:09 PM »
CMIIW, I believe the doctors were already doing most of the work, and they were already ruling out non-covid so the worst this can do is allow a few non covid deaths to be reported as covid deaths.

I'm pretty sure all deaths were going through the medical examiner's office, and I'm pretty sure they were conducting post-mortem Covid tests in certain cases. My knowledge here isn't very strong, but my understanding is that it is very rare to have Covid as the only cause of death. It can be either the primary or secondary cause, but there are almost always other causes (comorbidities), often even caused by the virus itself, such as heart or liver failure.

When you have everything going through a central office, there is uniformity in how these things get documented. For example, someone who had a pre-existing heart issue who contracted Covid, that office had a standard for what they put on the certificate. Now, each doctor gets to determine if Covid played a part, how much of a part it played, and whether it deserves to be listed on the certificate. You can have the same type of case present itself 50 times and have half counted as Covid and half not. Without having uniform reporting standards, you have no idea what you're looking at when analyzing the data.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Online avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 26, 2020, 03:43:56 PM »
I'm pretty sure all deaths were going through the medical examiner's office, and I'm pretty sure they were conducting post-mortem Covid tests in certain cases. My knowledge here isn't very strong, but my understanding is that it is very rare to have Covid as the only cause of death. It can be either the primary or secondary cause, but there are almost always other causes (comorbidities), often even caused by the virus itself, such as heart or liver failure.

When you have everything going through a central office, there is uniformity in how these things get documented. For example, someone who had a pre-existing heart issue who contracted Covid, that office had a standard for what they put on the certificate. Now, each doctor gets to determine if Covid played a part, how much of a part it played, and whether it deserves to be listed on the certificate. You can have the same type of case present itself 50 times and have half counted as Covid and half not. Without having uniform reporting standards, you have no idea what you're looking at when analyzing the data.
I should add, I don't think other states have a central office signing off on every death.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #282 on: September 11, 2020, 02:33:56 PM »
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline YankyDoodle

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 21, 2020, 06:52:46 PM »
Hospital is back to the baseline that we were at after the first wave concluded ~June. Tune back in around mid October for our next session of ‘COVID or masks’.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #284 on: September 21, 2020, 06:54:11 PM »
Hospital is back to the baseline that we were at after the first wave concluded ~June. Tune back in around mid October for our next session of ‘COVID or masks’.

Good to see you back.

Offline cmey

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: September 21, 2020, 07:03:56 PM »

Didn’t that wave just run it’s course DESPITE no additional precautions taken during the spike?

His point is they didn't shut anything down to get this improvement, which will probably reinforce the notion that this virus will do whatever it does, regardless of open/shut.
Yup, and the fact that we didn't have deaths like NYC, Italy, etc. Just means everyone who was pro opening will now say told you so.
From what I've seen and heard in Miami nothing has changed practically since the spike.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 21, 2020, 07:09:04 PM »

Didn’t that wave just run it’s course DESPITE no additional precautions taken during the spike?

I don't agree with the opinion that no additional precautions were taken. From mid-to-late July, there was a big surge in mask usage from what I saw. Coincidentally (or not) around the time Trump changed course on masks.

Offline chevron

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 22, 2020, 01:35:12 AM »
I don't agree with the opinion that no additional precautions were taken. From mid-to-late July, there was a big surge in mask usage from what I saw. Coincidentally (or not) around the time Trump changed course on masks.

Every store ive been in, requires mask usage. Also the availability of masks is better and socially more pressure.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 22, 2020, 09:30:45 AM »
Tune back in around mid October for our next session of ‘COVID or masks’.

I think FL has until mid Dec or early Jan before we get to play that game. Northern states get to play in October, unless you live in a frum community that prides itself on being advanced.

Offline YankyDoodle

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 22, 2020, 06:28:38 PM »
I think FL has until mid Dec or early Jan before we get to play that game. Northern states get to play in October, unless you live in a frum community that prides itself on being advanced.

I pray you’re right but time will tell.

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #290 on: September 25, 2020, 06:27:01 PM »
https://twitter.com/AP/status/1309538431056392192

Hey, we only have 2.5k cases a day instead of 10k

Let's see if we can get it back up to 10k
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #291 on: September 26, 2020, 08:33:54 PM »
https://twitter.com/AP/status/1309538431056392192

Hey, we only have 2.5k cases a day instead of 10k

Let's see if we can get it back up to 10k
Didn't this come with giving more authority to localities?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #292 on: September 26, 2020, 11:17:11 PM »
I’m old enough to remember DeSantis demanding an apology for the great job he’s done containing the virus
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Online avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 26, 2020, 11:44:44 PM »
I’m old enough to remember DeSantis demanding an apology for the great job he’s done containing the virus
At least he didn't force it into nursing homes.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 26, 2020, 11:48:05 PM »
At least he didn't force it into nursing homes.

...but officer!!!  ::)
I love how you can never defend any of his positions.  :)

Online avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 26, 2020, 11:51:38 PM »

When this is finally over in a few years, we can see who did better.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 26, 2020, 11:55:09 PM »
When this is finally over in a few years, we can see who did better.

You're missing the point... IT'S NOT A COMPETITION! This isn't the Olympics, with deaths, hospitalizations, and cases as the gold, silver, and bronze in the race to the bottom.

Online avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 26, 2020, 11:58:03 PM »
You're missing the point... IT'S NOT A COMPETITION! This isn't the Olympics, with deaths, hospitalizations, and cases as the gold, silver, and bronze in the race to the bottom.
we know no one is perfect, so how else would you decide if someone did well or not?

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #298 on: September 27, 2020, 12:00:23 AM »
we know no one is perfect, so how else would you decide if someone did well or not?
If they demand an apology for their fantastic job before allowing 14,000 people to die?
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Online avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 27, 2020, 12:02:04 AM »
If they demand an apology for their fantastic job before allowing 14,000 people to die?
What was the alternative and what would the results have been?