Author Topic: How To Use Chase Ultimate Rewards Points And Get United Card Benefits  (Read 1114 times)

Offline treehugger

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Globalist Hyatt, Hertz Presidents Circle
I know this was a post on the main site but I have always done split payment on Chase website and I have NEVER had an issue. If you book a ticket and have UNITED (not chase) send you the receipt (you can do it yourself in the app) you will notice on page 2 or 3 where it says bag allowance it will say first bag free. In the app it will still show no free bags and even by the check in counter they will try to charge you but if you show them the receipt they wont charge you. has anyone else ever noticed this?? I uploaded my most previous trip but I've done this over a dozen times.

Offline yochai

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
Interesting, may be a glitch on their end. Does this work when you book on a different CC on an OTA? Shouldn’t be any different, since the CC that shows on your itinerary is not your United card so it doesn’t look like it’s because of the split payment.

Offline treehugger

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
so I tested that theory WITHOUT splitting the payment at all and it DOES charge me for bags. I dont know HOW united knows if I use the United card but seems they somehow do. I have not tried on any other OTA

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Very interesting.
Any more DPs?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline treehugger

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
I have tons but I'm sure you mean from a different account

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
I have tons but I'm sure you mean from a different account
Yup :)
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline arye her

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
I know this was a post on the main site but I have always done split payment on Chase website and I have NEVER had an issue. If you book a ticket and have UNITED (not chase) send you the receipt (you can do it yourself in the app) you will notice on page 2 or 3 where it says bag allowance it will say first bag free. In the app it will still show no free bags and even by the check in counter they will try to charge you but if you show them the receipt they wont charge you. has anyone else ever noticed this?? I uploaded my most previous trip but I've done this over a dozen times.
i wonder if this will help bypass the restrictions on basic economy? like getting a carry on ETC

Offline gubevo18

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
I saw the post on DDMS a couple of days ago about the workarounds but now when I try to cancel it says I booked through a 3rd party and United can't cancel. ANyone else have this issue?
TIA