Author Topic: How can you spot a Trump supporter?  (Read 42781 times)

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
Re: How can you spot a Trump supporter?
« Reply #260 on: July 19, 2020, 03:20:55 AM »
90% a bunch of nothing, long responses don't make anything more valid, half the sentences here don't even make sense. So I'll choose sleep over whatever responding to this and continuing the circle would be called.
Can we all just agree you have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about and call it a night? No need to get frisky.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline davidrotts63

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
« Reply #261 on: July 19, 2020, 03:23:46 AM »
Can we all just agree you have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about and call it a night? No need to get frisky.
Uh no. Your arguing with this sense of entitlement is super unwarranted and disturbing. So I don't have my resources lined up as you'd love it, that's all, I'm not here to have you sold, I'm here to present another side, all you have here is attitude and ad ignorantiam.
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch

Online Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 19, 2020, 03:24:48 AM »
TLDR

Troll reply, didn’t read
+1000

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #263 on: July 19, 2020, 04:03:21 AM »
Uh no. Your arguing with this sense of entitlement is super unwarranted and disturbing. So I don't have my resources lined up as you'd love it, that's all, I'm not here to have you sold, I'm here to present another side, all you have here is attitude and ad ignorantiam.
You haven’t presented another side. There is no other side. If there is, please present it.

Offline davidrotts63

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 19, 2020, 04:08:08 AM »
You haven’t presented another side. There is no other side. If there is, please present it.
Brazil, Mexico, California, highest mask usage out there. Don't look good for masks.
Fact is there are no real studies, none, only old ones...which are all against mask usage.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #265 on: July 19, 2020, 04:12:17 AM »
Brazil, Mexico, California, highest mask usage out there. Don't look good for masks.
I’m not sure where you got that Brazil has a high rate of mask wearing.

Fact is there are no real studies, none, only old ones...which are all against mask usage.
So what would you call these?
And for the hardcore science-loving anti-maskers, here’s 70 studies on the efficacy of face masks, including 31 studies during COVID.

https://threader.app/thread/1279144399897866248

Oh, and there are still zero studies that show that masks are ineffective against the spread of COVID, no matter how many times you say that.

Offline davidrotts63

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 19, 2020, 04:12:59 AM »
I’m not sure where you got that Brazil has a high rate of mask wearing.
So what would you call these?
Oh, and there are still zero studies that show that masks are ineffective against the spread of COVID, no matter how many times you say that.
Read them! They're a bunch of Dr. Zelenkos

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #267 on: July 19, 2020, 04:16:41 AM »
Read them! They're a bunch of Dr. Zelenkos
Actually, most of them are peer-reviewed published studies or preprints. Who or what exactly would you consider an authority? Does every doctor in the whole world suffice?

Again, I maintain that literally every doctor in the whole world agrees. If there is a difference of opinion it should be really easy to find.

Offline davidrotts63

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 19, 2020, 04:17:43 AM »
Actually, most of them are peer-reviewed published studies or preprints. Who or what exactly would you consider an authority? Does every doctor in the whole world suffice?
That would suffice.
Oh, and it lots of Brazil masks were legally required since april.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #269 on: July 19, 2020, 04:25:04 AM »
That would suffice.
Oh, and it lots of Brazil masks were legally required since april.
Granted! And this debate is over, because every doctor in the whole world agrees that they work.

That is true of most countries in the world, but IIRC the President of Brazil is vocally against masks and has withheld mask legislation. I don’t believe it’s true and would need to see a source to convince me.

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #270 on: July 19, 2020, 07:33:57 AM »
I have no problem believing masks work, and I have no problem believing they don't work, I'm just presenting the side that you're ignoring because you chose to Karen around, and that's what I don't like.

Does the CDC 2017 pandemic study help you?
"However,
little evidence supports the use of face masks by well persons
in community settings, although some trials conducted during
the 2009 H1N1 pandemic found that early combined use of
face masks and other NPIs (such as hand hygiene) might be
effective"

https://cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/66/rr/pdfs/rr6601.pdf
Yes the CDC study does help. Now after they have learned more about this virus they recommend wearing masks because they help.
You now have produced two sources that have updated their guidance to wearing masks.
You choose to ignore this and go with outdated information.
Now that is your chose to ignore current facts but just don't keep claiming they say masks don't work.

The bigger question is we have a separate thread for you to spew this nonsense. Why do you chose to trash this light hearted thread?
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline Jeremiah

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 19, 2020, 09:35:36 AM »
I haven't had a chance to catch up on the thread since before shabbos. Although I did read some of the posts a few hours before shabbos started.
To explain my post, I'll make two prefaces.
1. CV attack on people who don't wear masks.
2. My fusteration how people have lost their ability to make there own decisions.
I originally posted this as a reaction to CV calling people who don't wear masks ignorant and uneducated. I was pointing out that he can't just call out 399 people in a room because they don't wear masks. For 4 weeks we haven't seen anything bad happen bh. I also questioned the mask wearer. I was not trying to knock him personally. I was just wondering why he would wear one. Some people took it literally that I was attacking him but that was unintended.  Only after someone claimed that it can be him (he wears it because it doesn't bother him), followed by CV making this more of a trump issue, did I comment further, but that was directed at CV and others. Those following comments were absolutely not aimed at that mask wearer (he was just the "model" for the argument.)
My stance against masks is more about the general response that the government and the people has taken against the virus. Yes the virus is real and mask can work and should be used in certain circumstances, but yet the damage that has been done over the extreme lock down has really angered me. And now the government thinks they are capable enough to enough to beat the virus. Who says it's all of their rules that are lowering the cases? Maybe it just common sense protocols that people are taking that are helping? Everyone is blaming this second wave over easing of restrictions. What about the states that eased up and haven't seen an uptick of cases. (About NY/NJ area- you cannot prove from March that masks work. Noone knew anything about the virus and Noone too it seriously. Sandwich that with healthcare being overwelmed and you have a disaster.) Unfortunately this virus is not in our control.  I don't think masks work well enough to actually curb and/or eliminate the virus. I don't need government forcing me to wear masks, I just use common sense to help prevent the spread. Davidrotts already said a lot of what I wanted to say about masks, so I won't go through the points again.
All these measures the government keep taking are only making people more fearful. It seems like people have lost their ability to think for themselves. Yes people should play it safe but in general the past few months have been way too extreme. I'll give just a few examples of what I saw just within the past two weeks. A mask wearer at a outdoor minyan when he maintained 50 feet of distancing. Walking down the street a few ladies were having a SD conversation and as I got close the quickly moved out of the way so I don't get within 6 feet of them. Wearing masks in car. Etc. You can give a response to each story individually but in general it seems people are taking non sensical measures.

I can understand the government and people's initial response when the virus was raging in march. But they have had plenty of time to rethink everything over. Just one example. To keep small businesses closed for so long without allowing them to open safely is immoral and unfair. (I never said wearing a mask is immoral. Please reread that post.)

About people telling me to take some xantax. Bh I'm not triggered in fear from masks. Maybe reread the posts again. I was referring to people with other emotional issues who I know personally who get triggered from seeing masks. It's not necessarily directly from the masks, it's from the general feeling from everything going on (no school, no visiting friends etc etc.) that makes them feel the world is unsafe.

There are other points I've been thinking about over shabbos but can't remember everything.

I'm done for now. I've spent too much time with this. Back to regular schedule...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 09:46:22 AM by Jeremiah »

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 19, 2020, 09:58:26 AM »
I haven't had a chance to catch up on the thread since before shabbos. Although I did read some of the posts a few hours before shabbos started.
To explain my post, I'll make two prefaces.
1. CV attack on people who don't wear masks.
2. My fusteration how people have lost their ability to make there own decisions.
I originally posted this as a reaction to CV calling people who don't wear masks ignorant and uneducated. I was pointing out that he can't just call out 399 people in a room because they don't wear masks.
1 - This is thread to have some fun just like the Trump/Biden gaffe threads.
2 - I did not call the 399 people you brought up ignorant or uneducated.
3 - I encourage everyone to make their own decisions based on science and facts.

Offline Jeremiah

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 19, 2020, 10:03:45 AM »
Oh you took that statement literally.
You get the point. It's just taking sides

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 19, 2020, 10:09:17 AM »
You get the point. It's just taking sides
Masks is not about taking sides. It is about stopping the virus which will save lives. The sad part is the ones who make this about taking sides, AKA political.

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 19, 2020, 10:13:11 AM »
Masks is not about taking sides. It is about stopping the virus which will save lives. The sad part is the ones who make this about taking sides, AKA political.

It’s all political I have a mind of my own and I can think my own rational decisions based on science, I think drunk driving is fine don’t tell me what I can think you government controlled sheeple trying to use fear to scare people into driving sober. 
Visibly Jewish

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 19, 2020, 10:16:21 AM »
I think drunk driving is fine don’t tell me what I can think you government controlled sheeple trying to use fear to scare people into driving sober.
...but I know doctors that drive drunk.  :)

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 19, 2020, 10:34:27 AM »
...but I know doctors that drive drunk.  :)

What spirit were they drinking? Sure there might be studies for people drinking Jack Daniels, but what about a 67’ Macallan?  Are you seriously comparing Macallan to Jack Daniels?
Visibly Jewish

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 19, 2020, 10:56:03 AM »
What spirit were they drinking? Sure there might be studies for people drinking Jack Daniels, but what about a 67’ Macallan?  Are you seriously comparing Macallan to Jack Daniels?
I now feel embarrassed and have to admit it was PBR that he got at Jewel for 9.99/30 pack.