Author Topic: Anyone know how to get rid of Sprint .20 call forwarding charge? Willing to pay  (Read 10106 times)

Offline Eli

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Avis First, Star Alliance Gold, bmi Gold and A"A Lifetime Gold
Title says it all. I need a way to get rid of the 20 cent charge per minute for Sprint's call forwarding, and if you think you have the capability to get this done for me on my account, I'm willing to pay to get it done.

PM me.

Thx.
-Eli

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Title says it all. I need a way to get rid of the 20 cent charge per minute for Sprint's call forwarding, and if you think you have the capability to get this done for me on my account, I'm willing to pay to get it done.

PM me.

Thx.

Corporate accounts can get integrated office for $4/month which includes free call forwarding.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Eli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Avis First, Star Alliance Gold, bmi Gold and A"A Lifetime Gold
Thank you. I set that up and now I'm good. Using YouMail with free call forwarding on 2 lines.
-Eli

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Thank you. I set that up and now I'm good. Using YouMail with free call forwarding on 2 lines.
Your welcome!
What does the YouMail do for you?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Eli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
YouMail is awesome - I forward all my unanswered/busy calls to them and I get a txt and/or e-mail whenever I get a missed call or a voicemail. And the voicemails come with an mp3 attachment so I can listen to it right from my phone. This way, I get all my voicemails saved in my e-mail so they are easily searchable and never get deleted.

There are other features like custom greetings (free) and transcription (paid) which I don't currently have a need for.
-Eli

Offline Charles The Govenor

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA PLAT AA PLAT
Do they offer visual vm?

Offline Eli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yes. As they say in MacWorld -- "There's an app for that."
-Eli

Offline Mordy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
Mobile Enthusiast Extraordinaire

Visit one of the Tech Blogs I write: http://www.techcitement.com

Offline Eli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Great news! Sprint has removed the 20c/minute charge for call forwarding. This means that as a Sprint customer using YouMail, you will no longer need to pay additional call forwarding fees.Sprint customers just dial a simple code to forward their unanswered calls to YouMail.If you ever need to re-activate your phone with YouMail, dial *289095106169 and press ‘Talk/Send’ right from your mobile phone. If you're unsuccessful activating call forwarding, contact Sprint Technical Support at 888-211-4727 for assistance.
-Eli

• View Profile
Eli what about too a different Number??

Offline Smirk

• View Profile
I don't have sprint, but a friend of mine just told me they stopped charging

Offline Eli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Any number
-Eli

• View Profile
K,Thank you!

Offline Eli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Subject: Clarification about YouMail on SprintWe recently sent out an e-mail that YouMail is free to Sprint users because Sprint dropped call forwarding charges.We need to clarify.First, Sprint is dropping “conditional call forwarding” charges – charges for calls are forwarded when they are busy or unanswered. This is the conditional call forwarding that YouMail users need, so it’s good news. However:• As Sprint has announced officially, this will be happening in mid-November. However, the exact date has not been finalized or announced by Sprint.• Sprint is making no changes to immediate/unconditional call forwarding (which uses *72 on the handset to set up) - this usage will continue to cost 20c/minute.  Second, the special dialing codes for turning on conditional call forwarding, like *28, may work now from your handset, but they are not officially guaranteed to work until mid-November. If it doesn’t work on your handset, please do not call or contact Sprint customer care, but wait for the follow up from YouMail when the final announcement by Sprint is made.We’re excited Sprint is making this change – perhaps too excited, since we have jumped the gun with our announcement. We’re sorry for any inconvenience that this has caused.Regards,

Alex
CEO, YouMail
-Eli

Offline Mordy

• View Profile
If you had read my post above, you'd know there's a date and reason stated.
I'm not familiar with YouMail, but the vast majority of people are excited (and the biggest reason they are doing this according to Sprint and Google is) because of Google Talk.

Google is actually working directly with Sprint about this, however YouMail may be offering a similar service.

Offline Eli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I did read your post. I don't see how that has to do with what I said. The bottom line is that it's not yet fully available (maybe by now it is, but certainly not when YouMail e-mailed me). And once it's available for Google Voice users, it'll be available to anyone because they are actually abolishing the Conditional Call Forward fees.
-Eli

Offline Mordy

• View Profile
True.

I was just pointing out that a date was already announced before you posted that email response.
Additionally, reports are showing that pressure from Google seems to be what sparked the change, so obviously they are pushing forwarding to VM services like Google Voice. Sure, obviously you could use another one... or at least, I'd think that was obvious... Just seems to be redundant information. Sorry if I'm mistaken.

Offline ShmuliT

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 21
    • View Profile
Google voice can do all this for free, including free transcripts.

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
I just know how to get rid of the whole sprint bill, not just the forwarding  :-D

• View Profile
And how is that???