Author Topic: Dwyane Wade Tweets our support for an Anti-Semite  (Read 7229 times)

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
Re: Dwyane Wade Tweets our support for an Anti-Semite
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2020, 05:21:39 PM »
I find it troubling that on this forum I find myself in a position where I feel it necessary to defend someone who made anti-Semitic comments. Can we not all agree that anti-Semitism is bad and should be called out for exactly what it is, while at the same time not lumping every person who has ever said something anti-Semitic in the same category as Farrakhan? People say stupid things all the time out of ignorance, we should take those opportunities to educate and enlighten, not cancel people. Why is it wrong for someone we like to get canceled but ok for someone we don't like to get canceled?

I don't think he is Farhakkan. I don't think he even comes close. Farhakkan came into the conversation as the source and influence for these beliefs in the AA community, as evidenced by the conversation Cannon had with Professor Griff. I think it's overdue that his racist influence is starting to get a little more airtime.

That said, can we not pretend that Cannon got cancelled? He lost a contract because of his beliefs. No one is burning his music or calling for his syndicated shows to be taken off the air. If you show support for him in his employment dispute, people are going to rightfully question why you think he has a leg to stand on.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline mochjas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2020, 05:22:52 PM »
I hear but ignoring it doesn't make it go away. Now that this is already in the news you use it advantageously.
The things you say are nice in theory but in reality that’s not how it works. If someone says “All lives matter” they lose their job this is much worse and should definitely be called out.

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2020, 05:25:04 PM »
If someone says “All lives matter” they lose their job this is much worse and should definitely be called out.
Can we stop with the hyperbole?
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2020, 05:25:25 PM »
The things you say are nice in theory but in reality that’s not how it works. If someone says “All lives matter” they lose their job this is much worse and should definitely be called out.
How many times do I have to repeat that it should be called out before you accept that I believe it to be true?
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2020, 05:26:30 PM »
You're all running around in circles. Each post has a different wordage. The words we use matter. I clearly delineated what I believe, why can't the rest of you do the same?
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2020, 05:28:59 PM »
You're all running around in circles. Each post has a different wordage. The words we use matter. I clearly delineated what I believe, why can't the rest of you do the same?

Do you believe that that there should be no consequences for an individual's beliefs?

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2020, 05:29:44 PM »
Can we stop with the hyperbole?
I had to look that one up... I’m not “exaggerating”

https://amp.sacbee.com/sports/article243214801.html

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2020, 05:31:14 PM »
I had to look that one up... I’m not “exaggerating”

https://amp.sacbee.com/sports/article243214801.html
Yes a person got fired for it but there are tens of thousands that did not. So my statement stands.  ;)

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2020, 05:32:20 PM »
Do you believe that that there should be no consequences for an individual's beliefs?
Now there is PC Friday question!!!

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2020, 05:33:11 PM »
Now there is PC Friday question!!!

I'm in the epicenter of the pandemic. Every day is Friday.

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2020, 05:34:40 PM »
Yes a person got fired for it but there are tens of thousands that did not. So my statement stands.  ;)
so you think he’s the only guy who got fired for this? I highly doubt it...

Offline mochjas

• View Profile

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2020, 05:39:18 PM »
so you think he’s the only guy who got fired for this? I highly doubt it...
You know my point. Yes there are some idiot bosses they will fire someone for that and in the process open themselves to lawsuits they will most likely be paying out on. I have seen many police participate in all lives matters protests and not one was fired.

Offline mochjas

• View Profile

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2020, 05:42:16 PM »
https://twitter.com/jeneishacharris/status/1283362433977982979
This will be the way many Blacks view it.
The tweet misses the larger issue.

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2020, 05:42:57 PM »
There is a large discussion to be had on this but I think for a society to function, we need to hold people accountable for their actions. Different beliefs are important, they create the ability to have dialogue and for each side to further their thinking and continue to define their beliefs. If we only listen to the people who agree with us and try to shut down the ability of people who disagree with us to speak out, we dissolve into disparate groups, moving quickly in opposite directions with no chance of furthering society to create the most good for the greatest number of people. If you lose that, you lose the critical tool that the West has used to create the freest and most prosperous society in the history of the world.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2020, 05:52:58 PM »
There is a large discussion to be had on this but I think for a society to function, we need to hold people accountable for their actions. Different beliefs are important, they create the ability to have dialogue and for each side to further their thinking and continue to define their beliefs. If we only listen to the people who agree with us and try to shut down the ability of people who disagree with us to speak out, we dissolve into disparate groups, moving quickly in opposite directions with no chance of furthering society to create the most good for the greatest number of people. If you lose that, you lose the critical tool that the West has used to create the freest and most prosperous society in the history of the world.

i agree with pretty much all of this. In addition to this, without taking away from any of it, a person or company has the ability to stop interacting with, doing business with, or generally distance themselves from, anyone whose beliefs are in conflict with their own. This is not cancel culture. We need to be able to distinguish between a person or company taking a stand, and people indiscriminately canceling everything about a person who they disagree with.

Offline mochjas

• View Profile

Offline Mootkim

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2020, 06:06:44 PM »
I listened to the first 30 minutes and I literally cant make sense of a word they are saying. What exactly are they trying to achieve by being "the hebrews"?

Offline yos9694

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2020, 06:58:30 PM »
What I don't get about the celebrities who have these views (NBA stars, this guy) is why can't they be content believing that Black Hebrews are the chosen people without being anti towards others who claim the same? It should be a difference of opinion as to who the real hebrews are, and no more. Where does the additional imperative to rally around jew killerscome in?