DansDeals Forum > Trip Reports

Alaska 2020

<< < (2/4) > >>

SSLPhD:
Gorgeous pix!

lovealaska:
Beautiful pictures!  I'm glad you got to go this year.  We were going to pick up a new RV in Indiana for Great Alaskan Holidays and drive it to Anchorage for them in May, but with the Canadian borders being closed, that got cancelled. Spent a year planning and making reservations for the trip but OH WELL.  Maybe next year! 
When I saw that Denali was issuing passes to drive the park road, I was SO tempted to fly in just to do that, but decided against it in the end.  That must have been amazing, even without a lot of animal sightings. Slightly jealous!

g8trgr8t:
Glad you enjoyed the pics. Pass holders only allowed to drive into Teklanika but it was surreal being out there with nobody else around in several places. Practically everybody I met was from Alaska. They would usually be working during the summers and wouldn't typically book the campgrounds as far in advance is required to get the spot sin the park so the "locals" were taking advantage of the absence of tourists.

thaber:
Loved this. Thank you

Abey:
How feasible would it be for an inexperienced hiker to do Hubbard Icefield ? Which other scenic hikes would you recommend?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version