Topic Wiki

https://ultimaterewardspoints.chase.com/pay-yourself-back

Sapphire Reserve
With the Pay Yourself Back tool, your Ultimate Rewards points are worth 50% more when you redeem them for statement credits against purchases in our current categories: grocery stores, dining (including restaurants, takeout, and eligible delivery services), and home improvement stores such as Home Depot and Lowes. Just choose an eligible purchase you made in the past 90 days, apply points for all or part of the purchase, and you’ll get a statement credit. Take advantage of this promotion through September 30, 2020.

Sapphire Preferred
With the Pay Yourself Back tool, your Ultimate Rewards points are worth 25% more when you redeem them for statement credits against purchases in our current categories: grocery stores, dining (including restaurants, takeout, and eligible delivery services), and home improvement stores such as Home Depot and Lowes. Just choose an eligible purchase you made in the past 90 days, apply points for all or part of the purchase, and you’ll get a statement credit. Take advantage of this promotion through September 30, 2020.

--

Ultimate Rewards points may be redeemed for a statement credit to Pay Yourself Back for purchases made at select merchants within the 90 days before the redemption request date.
Currently, only purchases made with your Chase card with Ultimate Rewards at restaurants and grocery stores (including takeout & eligible delivery services), and home improvement stores will qualify. For information about Chase rewards categories and an example of eligible merchants, please see our FAQs.
Categories, eligible merchants, and purchase transaction eligibility may change from time to time without notice.
Redemptions require a minimum of 1 point.
Each point you redeem for a statement credit towards eligible Pay Yourself Back purchases is worth $0.015, which means that 100 points equals $1.50 in redemption value. Chase has the right to change redemption values at any time.
Statement credits will post to the card account within 3 business days of a request to redeem and will appear on the monthly Chase credit card billing statement within 1-2 billing cycles.
Statement credits will reduce your balance but you are still required to make at least your minimum payment. Chase reserves the right to determine which purchases qualify for a statement credit.
Even though a merchant or some of the items that it sells may appear to fit within a rewards category, the merchant may not have a merchant code in that category. When this occurs, purchases with that merchant won't qualify for rewards offers on purchases in that category

https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/sapphire-reserve-benefits
https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/sapphire-preferred-benefits
\
F&Q https://ultimaterewardspoints.chase.com/faq?topic=4700000

« Last edited by Joel on May 31, 2020, 08:19:03 AM »

Author Topic: Chase added benefits! Redeem points @1.5  (Read 29796 times)

Offline yudawils

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Chase added benefits! Redeem points @1.5
« Reply #100 on: June 25, 2020, 06:13:22 PM »
WHERE DO I READ UP ON HOW TO DO GROCERY SPENDING LIKE STOP N SHOP ON GIFT CARDS, THANK YOU!

Offline Geshmak25

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 25, 2020, 06:21:05 PM »
There are no prorated refunds for cancellations, but doesn't Chase still provide prorated refunds for product changes (downgrades)?
Don't believe so. If you check the link that I posted from DoC you'll see that under amex it says downgrades get it prorated but it doesn't say under chase

Anyway, I upgraded my Freedom to CSR earlier today. The agent said that it takes 1-3 business days for the new benefits to kick in. Is that correct? I was planning to use the card tonight and tomorrow, as a CSR. It's already showing as a CSR in my online account, so am I safe treating the old card as a CSR right away?
Should be fine
PUTPAC = PITA

Offline Geshmak25

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 25, 2020, 06:22:00 PM »
WHERE DO I READ UP ON HOW TO DO GROCERY SPENDING LIKE STOP N SHOP ON GIFT CARDS, THANK YOU!
YOU GO TO STOP AND SHOP AND BUY GIFT CARDS!
PUTPAC = PITA

Offline ericchavez91

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 25, 2020, 06:24:02 PM »
Shhh. This is a library...

Offline DoB

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 25, 2020, 07:06:27 PM »
Don't believe so. If you check the link that I posted from DoC you'll see that under amex it says downgrades get it prorated but it doesn't say under chase
Should be fine

There have definitely been suggestions elsewhere that downgrades get prorated for Chase - for instance, https://www.doctorofcredit.com/annual-fee-refund-rules-for-each-card-issuer/#comment-996009 and https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32396444-post71.html

Should be fine, meaning I should already be able to tap into the CSR benefits on my old Freedom card?

Thanks.

Offline a good yeshiva bachur

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 26, 2020, 02:35:13 AM »
DP, a recent purchase at my local Walmart showed up as a grocery purchase. I purchased some grocery items but most of it was non grocery. Anyone else seeing this
yes

Offline LeeLee18

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 01, 2020, 01:41:22 PM »
Anyone else keep getting error when trying to confirm the "purchase"

We are unable to process your order at this time and apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later or head back to the Ultimate Rewards Homepage to check out other things you can do with your points.

Were you able to figure this out?  I am trying to PYB with grocery purchases that are listed, and I am getting the same message at the end and the redemption is not working.  Frustrating!

Online nafnaf12

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 01, 2020, 04:38:27 PM »
Were you able to figure this out?  I am trying to PYB with grocery purchases that are listed, and I am getting the same message at the end and the redemption is not working.  Frustrating!
yes, seems I had a rejected charge on the card
Calling in helped agent didn't do anything but it apparently cleared the block.
A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor.

Online farmbochur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 09, 2020, 06:27:51 PM »
I requested a transfer to my checking account via sm
Did this actually work for you? I've always been told that it's not an option.
Risk is opportunity

Offline Joel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #109 on: July 09, 2020, 08:01:08 PM »
Did this actually work for you? I've always been told that it's not an option.

Offline yag219

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 20, 2020, 07:40:29 AM »
Anyone know which home improvment stores online this works with. I have confirmed it wirks with build.com and homedepot.com but I am curious if anyone tested at wayfair.com if you can redeem the points for the bonus amount?