Author Topic: Lakewood covid cases  (Read 523055 times)

Offline yzj

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Lakewood covid cases
« Reply #1140 on: September 17, 2020, 10:53:13 AM »
https://www.thelakewoodscoop.com/news/2020/09/letter-an-open-letter-to-open-minds.html

(Yes, I'm surprised TLS actually posted this.)
If close to 40,000 in Lakewood got it the first time around, and as many believe, there are currently over a thousand cases a week, that would mean that over the last few weeks we have been getting pretty close to the 70% threshold (70% of 80,000 = 56,000). Doesn’t it make sense to just go all the way for once and for all and get it over with in a few weeks?

Offline KSMH

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: September 17, 2020, 10:59:41 AM »
If close to 40,000 in Lakewood got it the first time around, and as many believe, there are currently over a thousand cases a week, that would mean that over the last few weeks we have been getting pretty close to the 70% threshold (70% of 80,000 = 56,000). Doesn’t it make sense to just go all the way for once and for all and get it over with in a few weeks?

As I posted back in the day, and was ridiculed over it,  over and over again, LKWD infection rate in the so called first round was way higher then most ppl think.

The 30-40k is a fake #.

The elite class decides how to play things.
Always praying for delayed baggage.

Online Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: September 17, 2020, 11:17:49 AM »
As I posted back in the day, and was ridiculed over it,  over and over again, LKWD infection rate in the so called first round was way higher then most ppl think.

The 30-40k is a fake #.

The elite class decides how to play things.
How are you getting your numbers? The highest antibody number I've seen is 40% which is around 40k people.

If you're basing it off anecdotes, most people I know did not get it in the first wave so it's my anecdotal evidence against yours. Additionally, some people I know who thought they got it in the first wave have now contracted it in the second wave.

Online Euclid

• View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: September 17, 2020, 11:19:18 AM »
Lakewood has way more than 80,000 people...

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: September 17, 2020, 11:22:52 AM »
@KSMH I love conspiracy theories. Can I please hear how the elite class in Lakewood manipulates the numbers, and all the gossip of what they stand to gain by it?

::)

Online Euclid

• View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: September 17, 2020, 11:23:41 AM »
You and I know that. My point is that OCHD is reporting a major uptick (major compared to their previous numbers). Do we think that the state will just ignore that?
http://hefkervelt.blogspot.com/2020/09/thursday-sept-17-news-updates-lakewood.html

Ocean County freeholder tells the board that Local COVID-19 cases are spiking with 71 in Lakewood out of 121 in the county

Offline KSMH

• View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: September 17, 2020, 11:25:12 AM »

How are you getting your numbers? The highest antibody number I've seen is 40% which is around 40k people.

If you're basing it off anecdotes, most people I know did not get it in the first wave so it's my anecdotal evidence against yours. Additionally, some people I know who thought they got it in the first wave have now contracted it in the second wave.

I've posted in detail back then, I thought we all agree by now there are different types of antibody  and not all would show in a test.

I'm not trying to downplay the seriousness whatsoever and in fact have been more careful then most [if not all]  people around me and those living within my community. At the same time, restrictions, statistics and measures don't necessarily curtail the spread.

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #1147 on: September 17, 2020, 11:28:59 AM »
How are you getting your numbers?

Come on, you know that he is making them up to meet what he wants to believe. He prefers to live in a world of fiction and delusion. Let him.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: September 17, 2020, 11:31:29 AM »
http://hefkervelt.blogspot.com/2020/09/thursday-sept-17-news-updates-lakewood.html

As I have said before, people had a choice between full weddings and keeping schools open. They chose the full weddings. It is very much on their cheshbon that all of these schools have classes shutting down and may get worse at the rate things are going. Where things will head between now and YK is anyone's guess.

Offline KSMH

• View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: September 17, 2020, 11:32:13 AM »
@KSMH I love conspiracy theories. Can I please hear how the elite class in Lakewood manipulates the numbers, and all the gossip of what they stand to gain by it?

::)
I didn't write what u say I did, I said they decide how to play things. Again, I didn't say numbers, although limiting testing would give credit to such a claim.

Its not a conspiracy, closing your eyes or being ignorant doesn't change the facts.

Maybe u know less, but there is a class of ppl, whom have many different titles who decide how to run things.

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #1150 on: September 17, 2020, 11:33:53 AM »
If you believe that numbers can be manipulated, you have to acknowledge that it goes both ways, depending on who is doing the manipulating and what their motives are. IMO, the numbers are definitely being played with, which is why they shouldn't dictate our hishtadlus. It was true when we were saying it all summer when the numbers in NY/NJ were low, and it is still true now.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #1151 on: September 17, 2020, 11:36:45 AM »
Where things will head between now and YK is anyone's guess.

I think we've got a pretty good idea where it's heading, especially if mask usage and social distancing are low over RH.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: September 17, 2020, 11:37:56 AM »
I think we've got a pretty good idea where it's heading, especially if mask usage and social distancing are low over RH.
The unknown is not whether or not there will be more cases. That is a given at this point.

Offline yzj

• View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: September 17, 2020, 11:39:45 AM »
Come on, you know that he is making them up to meet what he wants to believe. He prefers to live in a world of fiction and delusion. Let him.
Just addressing that piece on the scoop. Pretty much taking the numbers from the article and what many here assume to be the number of new infections

Online Euclid

• View Profile
Lakewood covid cases
« Reply #1154 on: September 17, 2020, 11:45:10 AM »
Just addressing that piece on the scoop. Pretty much taking the numbers from the article and what many here assume to be the number of new infections
Except you're using the wrong denominator. Lakewood population is nowhere near 80,000. Especially including the frum community in TR/Jackson.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: September 17, 2020, 11:45:38 AM »
I wasn't referring to you, but whatever that letter writer wrote is probably not worth the pixels it displayed on. A random letter writer to the Lakewood Scoop. That is תרתי לריעותא of extreme fake news.

Offline yzj

• View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: September 17, 2020, 12:19:43 PM »
Except you're using the wrong denominator. Lakewood population is nowhere near 80,000. Especially including the frum community in TR/Jackson.
Just quoting the numbers in the article on the scoop

Online Euclid

• View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: September 17, 2020, 12:22:24 PM »
Just quoting the numbers in the article on the scoop
Article doesn't say that.

It is estimated that around 30% of the population (30,000-40,000 people) of Lakewood had been infected in the first wave. That leaves around 70% of Lakewood (70,000-90,000 people) still vulnerable to infection.

Offline dasmo801

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: September 17, 2020, 02:41:19 PM »
So OCHD reports 66 new cases in Lakewood. Pretty sure the cat is now out of the bag. What happens next?
49 new today. BH we are flattening that curve.

Offline shaulyaakov

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: September 17, 2020, 02:47:16 PM »
49 new today. BH we are flattening that curve.
Lol