Author Topic: Lakewood covid cases  (Read 522818 times)

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Re: Lakewood covid cases
« Reply #2200 on: October 09, 2020, 12:59:52 PM »
I’ll be doing hakafos in my house

Be blessed and feel well.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #2201 on: October 09, 2020, 01:03:39 PM »

RS! May these be the most inspirational hakafos of your life.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 01:59:21 PM by Lurker »
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: October 09, 2020, 01:18:39 PM »
RS! May these be the most inspirational hakaras of your life.

Amen!
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: October 09, 2020, 02:09:25 PM »
כשם שקיבלת שכר על הדרישה כך תקבל שכר על הפרישה
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Euclid

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Lakewood covid cases
« Reply #2204 on: October 11, 2020, 08:07:59 PM »
Motzai y"t roundup:

1) for the most part hakafos were business as usual.

2) the letter put out by the igud was accompanied by a wink and nod: "anyone who doesn't want to do regular hakafos just shouldn't come to shul".

3) based on the above expect a huge surge next week.

4) there's talk about keeping schools closed for one more week after y"t.

5) I heard directly from the owner of one of the big urgent cares in town that he lost his "contract" (not sure the exact term) to provide tests because he purposely wasn't reporting the results to the county (I believe these were rapids, if I understood him correctly); he was exposed by one of his employees.

Offline yzj

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2205 on: October 11, 2020, 08:17:15 PM »
Motzai y"t roundup:

2) the letter put out by the igud was accompanied by a wink and nod: "anyone who doesn't want to do regular hakafos just shouldn't come to shul".

5) I heard directly from the owner of one of the big urgent cares in town that he lost his "contract" (not sure the exact term) to provide tests because he purposely wasn't reporting the results to the county (I believe these were rapids, if I understood him correctly); he was exposed by one of his employees.

Not universally. . One shul near me did 5-10 minute hakafos. Another did 15 minute hakafos or so in the main b”m and masked socially distant hakafos in a separate minyan. Many shuls were business as usual but numbers were supposedly getting better before y”t. Another 15 released from hospitals so let’s see what happens.

Offline dasmo801

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: October 11, 2020, 08:21:14 PM »
Motzai y"t roundup:

Two shuls in my neighborhood had outdoor hakafos. (One had only outdoors, the other had simultaneous indoor masked hakafos. Both were well attended.

Offline cholent

• View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: October 11, 2020, 08:23:42 PM »
Our neighborhood had two sets of outdoor hakafos, one main and one for covid+. They were also significantly shorter than usual.
Don't ask stupid questions and you won't get stupid answers

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #2208 on: October 11, 2020, 09:37:47 PM »
Westgate had a few outdoors and a few indoors, the outdoors were short and the indoors were somewhat shorter than usual but not too short. There were some masks.

A Hatzalah member on Shabbos told me that first days there were a lot of calls but second days not too many BH.

I heard that the main chasuna halls are not going to be holding regular weddings for at least this week. Not sure what exactly that means.

There is a conference call with many schools going on to discuss whether they should remain closed for a week while they assess the spread.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline iwlw2

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: October 11, 2020, 10:19:29 PM »
In my neighborhood Shul there were to hakafos, in the main Shul and in the simcha hall. They were billed as being shorter and with some restrictions in both, with the downstairs one being masked and socially distant. In the end, to no ones surprise, essentially all the restrictions upstairs were gone (maybe a little at night, there were take not women at night, but by day totally normal)m they were regular length, regular dancing, regular drinking etc. The downstairs one (which if you've seen my posts here you can guess that is the one I joined ;-)) was significantly shorter (approx. 5-6 min. per hakafa) and was masked and socially distant, but was a bit sparsely attended. Nonetheless, it was very nice, and while I understand other people may feel differently, I truly feel that this was the way Hashem wanted the hakafos to look this year. The main thing is a gezinten winter to all!!

Offline incendia

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #2211 on: October 11, 2020, 10:20:57 PM »
Maybe. I am just repeating what I have been told. I have no information past that.

Over YT (after I ended my quarantine-BH nothing more than a mild to moderate cold with loss of smell) I spoke with someone who was in the hospitals daily for Bikur Cholim who said that there were "only" one or two real serious cases. The rest are basically just getting steroids and oxygen and getting released after a few days. He said a big difference now is tat the medical staff is not paniced about oit.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: October 11, 2020, 10:25:47 PM »
Over YT (after I ended my quarantine-BH nothing more than a mild to moderate cold with loss of smell) I spoke with someone who was in the hospitals daily for Bikur Cholim who said that there were "only" one or two real serious cases. The rest are basically just getting steroids and oxygen and getting released after a few days. He said a big difference now is tat the medical staff is not paniced about oit.
Bh!

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #2213 on: October 11, 2020, 10:36:10 PM »
Baruch Hashem. It does seem at this point that medical care is really really improved. Hopefully that translates into a massive difference.

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #2214 on: October 11, 2020, 10:43:17 PM »
Baruch Hashem. It does seem at this point that medical care is really really improved. Hopefully that translates into a massive difference.
Itr has been. THe reality is that each place that opens up starts seeing cases rise. What is the end game here?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #2215 on: October 11, 2020, 10:47:57 PM »
Itr has been. THe reality is that each place that opens up starts seeing cases rise. What is the end game here?
Keep the case load down with some relatively minor restrictions (when the virus is not highly prevalent, return to July activity with restrictions on large gatherings and on people traveling from hotspots, increased focus on testing and quarantining of exposed contacts) so the high risk and general population can live (somewhat) normal lives (something they can’t do currently) until there is a vaccine?

Reminder: this is not a game. We are not looking to beat anyone, and nobody wanted this to happen. It did, and we need to deal with it.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2216 on: October 11, 2020, 10:55:39 PM »
CLE has been open since mid-May with precautions. No major spikes ba"h.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: October 11, 2020, 10:57:53 PM »
CLE has been open since mid-May with precautions. No major spikes ba"h.
We were able to say that in NY area until a few weeks ago.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #2218 on: October 11, 2020, 10:59:25 PM »

That's the difference between with precautions and without precautions.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #2219 on: October 11, 2020, 11:01:47 PM »
We were able to say that until around 6 weeks ago. What led to the current spikes, in your opinion?

Notice how Cleveland is not suffering said spikes, 6 weeks later, despite their regular interaction with the NY community.

In NY-NJ the stated reason was “herd immunity”, having been hit very hard in the initial wave, something CLE can’t claim to have happened.