Author Topic: Lakewood covid cases  (Read 531145 times)

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Re: Lakewood covid cases
« Reply #3240 on: January 28, 2021, 07:18:54 PM »
Maybe our Novovax friends can clarify how many of the 44 had antibodies (at some point) and of those that had antibodies and got reinfected, how many were placebo?
I seem to read it as saying the 44 were all from 2/3 that didn't have Covid/antibodies, but I would love further clarification.

As far as I can tell, the NVX-CoV2373 trial hasn't been published yet, so all we have to go on is that press release. It's possible the NYT reporters got more information from Novavax, but it looks more like misinformation to me.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline ae123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: January 28, 2021, 07:19:11 PM »
I would add that IMHO miscarriages and etc are more likely to be hushed than other covid hospitalizations.
I agree.
Which means it's hard to know the true numbers, unless a doctor or nurse says something.

Offline Baruch

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3242 on: January 28, 2021, 07:21:00 PM »
So you're saying the journalist misrepresented the data? Where have we seen that before?  ::)
It actually is rare to find such a misrepresentation when presenting data from studies. The word “many” in the article does not seem consistent with the study. Very weird.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: January 28, 2021, 07:23:11 PM »
I seem to read it as saying the 44 were all from 2/3 that didn't have Covid/antibodies, but I would love further clarification.

How is that consistent with:

Novavax SA trial had 4,400 participants,  ~1/3 had Covid & tested positive for antibodies.

44 got Covid (1%). 29 in the placebo group (29/2200)  & 15 in the trial.

This is only a handful of reinfection cases at best, although I suspect the NYT is misrepresenting it even worse. Can anybody explain to me what this means please?
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: January 28, 2021, 07:23:41 PM »
I seem to read it as saying the 44 were all from 2/3 that didn't have Covid/
why?

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: January 28, 2021, 07:28:52 PM »
It actually is rare to find such a misrepresentation when presenting data from studies. The word “many” in the article does not seem consistent with the study. Very weird.
The study wasn't published, this is all Press Release.

why?
I read it as saying the 44 cases were the primary analysis, and then saying the 1/3 who tested positive for antibodies before the trial were excluded from the analysis
Can anybody explain to me what this means please?

Importantly in this trial, approximately 1/3 of the patients enrolled (but not included in the primary analyses described above) were seropositive, demonstrating prior COVID-19 infection at baseline.

Do we actually know any of the 44 covid cases were from the ~1500 that had covid before???

https://ir.novavax.com/news-releases/news-release-details/novavax-covid-19-vaccine-demonstrates-893-efficacy-uk-phase-3

How is that consistent with:

My safek is if some of the 44/4400 cases were reinfections, or none. Handful (44) at worse, zero at best.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #3246 on: January 28, 2021, 07:38:29 PM »
Interesting, because I have found it to be the case quite often when I dig into an actual study.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #3247 on: January 28, 2021, 07:41:10 PM »
Interesting, because I have found it to be the case quite often when I dig into an actual study.
I would agree the details are very often inaccurate, though it is uncommon to find something completely unfounded.

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #3248 on: January 28, 2021, 07:48:52 PM »
I would agree the details are very often inaccurate, though it is uncommon to find something completely unfounded.
Less common
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #3249 on: January 28, 2021, 08:13:50 PM »
I just heard today (from a reliable source) that there are numerous women giving birth prematurely and the doctors are worried it may be due to Covid.
DP: Our baby 3 weeks ago was born early, my wife had COVID in November. Our other children were born on their due dates.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #3250 on: January 28, 2021, 08:14:22 PM »
The numbers I referenced did not include these cases. (If it makes a difference to anyone here:))
@iluv2travel

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3251 on: January 28, 2021, 08:16:42 PM »
DP: Our baby 3 weeks ago was born early, my wife had COVID in November. Our other children were born on their due dates.
Premature or early?

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #3252 on: January 28, 2021, 08:20:48 PM »

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3253 on: January 28, 2021, 08:22:25 PM »

Offline yungermanchik

• View Profile
  • Location: Previous Signatures: If you chapped hana'ah from a post, like it; You think you know the answers and things are the way they seem.. it just ain't so -The Rebbe from Lublin-
« Reply #3254 on: January 28, 2021, 09:17:10 PM »
Our other children were born on their due dates.
Wow! How many? That's not very common!
Small people talk about other people.
Average people talk about things
BIG PEOPLE TALK ABOUT IDEAS.

Online YitzyS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3255 on: January 28, 2021, 10:47:33 PM »
Your baby just wanted to be born in 2020 and get stimulus check and EIC. All the other ones also would've been born early if there was so much money on the table...

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #3256 on: January 28, 2021, 11:03:45 PM »
@iluv2travel

I thought you previously said that

Even for me this is getting too petty so I’ll stop.

However, that doesn't seem to be the case, so here goes:

#1 It makes zero difference to me. (Not that they are hospitalized, that definitely makes a difference to me, but the fact that they weren't included in the count. Just want to be clear on that.)

#2 If it makes a difference to you show me my post where I personally directly questioned your assertion of dozens hospitalized in serious condition. I know you said you weren't going to because you were stopping, but since you decided to continue then I'd really like to see it.

#3 I'll repeat yet again, that you were/are missing my point (and that is why it doesn't make a difference if they were included in the count), so here it is again:

If a poster says 5-6 women in Philly that he knows about first hand, there's no reason to say he won't be believed. Its just not the same as making a statement saying dozens are currently hospitalized in serious condition.

I personally never questioned any of these assertions because I have no idea if they may be true or not and I would rather give the benefit of the doubt.

So to explain more clearly- if a post states that it has a source for it's statement it is different than one that doesn't have one. That's all.

The entire previous debate began because one person was accused of making claims without providing any proof for them and all I was trying to say is that we need to have level expectations- either we expect everyone to provide veracity for their claims or we don't.

You don't have to agree with that, but please be so kind and stop beating a dead horse and don't keep calling me out for something I personally never questioned. If someone comes on here and says he know hundreds that are currently hospitalized, (I will definitely cringe to say the least) I will not be able to refute it because I just have no idea if that claim holds any water or not.

[I hope my post comes across as non confrontational as possible because I'm really trying to heed what it says in the Shalom post. I apologize in advance if I wasn't successful yet.]

Offline ae123

• View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: January 28, 2021, 11:08:03 PM »
I just heard today (from a reliable source) that there are numerous women giving birth prematurely and the doctors are worried it may be due to Covid.
I was also told that are more stillborns r"l.

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: January 28, 2021, 11:08:45 PM »
Your baby just wanted to be born in 2020 and get stimulus check and EIC. All the other ones also would've been born early if there was so much money on the table...

Good line 😁.

Only problem is that 3 weeks ago was already 2021 so baby was actually born in 2021.

https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=2305.msg2383656#msg2383656

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #3259 on: January 28, 2021, 11:11:19 PM »
19 + 6 = dozens
We were actually in the hospital on 12/31/20 but were sent home..