Author Topic: Lakewood covid cases  (Read 530798 times)

Online S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
Re: Lakewood covid cases
« Reply #4740 on: January 12, 2022, 04:25:29 PM »
https://www.thelakewoodscoop.com/news/2022/01/false-13-year-old-lakewood-who-collapsed-at-school-was-not-vaccinated-family-tells-tls.html

Can't even fathom the amount of willpower it took for TLS to post this
Her first cousin is in my Chabura. He told me that literally everyone asks him if she’s vaccinated (and the answer is of course no. Which 13 year old in Lakewood is vaccinated?)

However, when she was admitted to the hospital, she *did* test positive for COVID..

I think people don’t realize myocarditis occurs far more frequently from COVID than it does from the vaccine.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #4741 on: January 12, 2022, 04:36:39 PM »
I think people don’t realize myocarditis occurs far more frequently from COVID than it does from the vaccine.
So much so that it is more likely for a healthy teen to catch COVID and have a side effect of myocarditis than it is to have it as a side effect from the vaccine.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #4742 on: January 12, 2022, 04:42:23 PM »
So much so that it is more likely for a healthy teen to catch COVID and have a side effect of myocarditis than it is to have it as a side effect from the vaccine.
Except in the UK in April ;)

Offline 4yourinfo

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4743 on: January 12, 2022, 05:25:51 PM »
maybe that just proves the virus has stronger immune/antibody response than the vaccine.

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #4744 on: January 12, 2022, 05:50:48 PM »
maybe that just proves the virus has stronger immune/antibody response than the vaccine.
I should hope so
Feelings don't care about your facts

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #4745 on: January 12, 2022, 08:53:55 PM »
https://www.thelakewoodscoop.com/news/2022/01/false-13-year-old-lakewood-who-collapsed-at-school-was-not-vaccinated-family-tells-tls.html

Can't even fathom the amount of willpower it took for TLS to post this
Is this the first time TLS turned off comments on a post? I mean that was some simmering popcorn.

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4746 on: January 12, 2022, 10:43:46 PM »
Did the COVID cases in town plummet the last few days? Seems like things have quieted down
Visibly Jewish

Offline yesitsme

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4747 on: January 12, 2022, 11:30:22 PM »
Did the COVID cases in town plummet the last few days? Seems like things have quieted down
Of course, Chai care ran out of tests
["-"]

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #4748 on: January 12, 2022, 11:45:48 PM »
DW tested positive this week and I know of a few others who are sick and tested negative for flu and strep yet insist it’s not COVID but they “don’t test” (what does that mean and why?)

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4749 on: January 12, 2022, 11:54:29 PM »
I was in Friendly at 6pm today, it was almost empty. A stark difference from when I went to Chai 2 weeks ago and was told to wait in my car for over an hour.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4750 on: January 13, 2022, 12:08:28 AM »
I was in Friendly at 6pm today, it was almost empty. A stark difference from when I went to Chai 2 weeks ago and was told to wait in my car for over an hour.

I drove past Asisa at about 10:15pm and it looked empty. 2 weeks ago the place was packed at that hour. Glad things are calming down even if it might not be over yet.
Visibly Jewish

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #4751 on: January 13, 2022, 01:17:06 AM »
insist it’s not COVID but they “don’t test” (what does that mean and why?)

They misunderstood Dr. Sarno and think that if they deny it strongly enough then it won’t be COVID :P
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline iwlw2

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4752 on: January 13, 2022, 09:02:42 AM »
Anecdotally, my doctor told me last night that things are (finally!) starting to calm down WRT Covid. Although he did say that despite the overall wave being much milder illness, he did have a couple of patients in the last couple of days that needed to be hospitalized r"l. I asked him why the overall hospitalization rates in NJ are at an all-time high, he said he wasn't really sure. (parenthetically, despite MCAB for the most part not being as effective against Omicron, he found it ironic that people were coming and practically begging to take them anyway just in case, while those same people absolutely refuse the vaccination on the grounds that it's too new and unproven.... :o ::))

Offline biobook

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4753 on: January 13, 2022, 09:38:11 AM »
Anecdotally, my doctor told me last night that things are (finally!) starting to calm down WRT Covid. Although he did say that despite the overall wave being much milder illness, he did have a couple of patients in the last couple of days that needed to be hospitalized r"l. I asked him why the overall hospitalization rates in NJ are at an all-time high, he said he wasn't really sure. (parenthetically, despite MCAB for the most part not being as effective against Omicron, he found it ironic that people were coming and practically begging to take them anyway just in case, while those same people absolutely refuse the vaccination on the grounds that it's too new and unproven.... :o ::))

Doesn't he read DDF?

Omicron's hospitalization rate is lower, but transmission is higher.

Transmit to 100 people, with 10% hospitalization   => 10 hospitalized
Transmit to 10,000 people, with 1% hospitalization => 100 hospitalized

Just making up numbers, but the point is that a low hospitalization rate could still overwhelm hospitals if the transmission rate is much higher.

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #4754 on: January 13, 2022, 09:38:39 AM »
According to the article @aygart posted Omicron is actually more severe than the original Wuhan strain of COVID. The reason we’re perceiving it to be more mild seems to be a combination of it being less severe than Delta as well as a tremendous amount of immunity from vaccination/previous infection which to varying levels reduces the impact on many individuals even if it’s not as effective as it has been with prior strains.

Offline Dawie

• View Profile
« Reply #4755 on: January 13, 2022, 10:09:37 AM »
I drove past Asisa at about 10:15pm and it looked empty. 2 weeks ago the place was packed at that hour. Glad things are calming down even if it might not be over yet.
Asisa is empty for a reason....

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #4756 on: January 13, 2022, 10:12:10 AM »
Asisa is empty for a reason....
What changed there in the past 2 weeks ?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #4757 on: January 13, 2022, 10:12:22 AM »
According to the article @aygart posted Omicron is actually more severe than the original Wuhan strain of COVID. The reason we’re perceiving it to be more mild seems to be a combination of it being less severe than Delta as well as a tremendous amount of immunity from vaccination/previous infection which to varying levels reduces the impact on many individuals even if it’s not as effective as it has been with prior strains.

We don’t have any reliable data on the original Wuhan strain, and whatever was going on in Lombardi Italy (probably post D614G mutation can’t be milder than Omicron, even considering natural/vaccine immunity. Basically, I’m saying this is hard to believe.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #4758 on: January 13, 2022, 10:16:48 AM »
We don’t have any reliable data on the original Wuhan strain, and whatever was going on in Lombardi Italy (probably post D614G mutation can’t be milder than Omicron, even considering natural/vaccine immunity. Basically, I’m saying this is hard to believe.
https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2022/01/omicron-mild-covid-pandemic-reset/621207/

Linked from the article:

Within the "Omicron is mild" debate, it's important to note we are comparing to Delta (highish severity). Omicron is almost certainly more severe than the Wuhan strain and maybe as severe as Alpha. A **rough** point estimate of hospitalization risk has Omicron at 1.4x Wuhan.

Offline Dawie

• View Profile
« Reply #4759 on: January 13, 2022, 10:19:06 AM »
What changed there in the past 2 weeks ?
they are incompetent
results not being sent
i get the fact that they are understaffed and new, but...