Author Topic: Lakewood covid cases  (Read 522716 times)

Offline grodnoking

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
Re: Lakewood cases
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2020, 01:30:46 PM »
CHEMED is only tracking legit *new* cases. Not people who test positive.
Aha. So these cases could also be a bunch of the people who got it in the beginning but never tested (till camp or whatever) and now are getting false positives.
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline jackofall

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2020, 01:31:45 PM »
Following
If you focus on being a boss, you will never be a leader. Leaders lead people to growth and improvement.

Offline Euclid

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2020, 01:31:55 PM »
Aha. So these cases could also be a bunch of the people who got it in the beginning but never tested (till camp or whatever) and now are getting false positives.
No, CHEMED is tracking legitimately new cases. Not just a positive test.

Offline grodnoking

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2020, 01:33:02 PM »
No, CHEMED is tracking legitimately new cases. Not just a positive test.
How do they know if the person just caught it, or if he is testing false positive for the first time even thou he is better now.
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline Euclid

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2020, 01:33:44 PM »
How do they know if the person just caught it, or if he is testing false positive for the first time even thou he is better now.
They rely on the doctor reporting it to determine this.

Offline Jellybelly

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2020, 06:51:29 PM »
Any update on numbers in lkwd? Hundreds of kids are getting tested now for camp....
Seems like there was/is a small jump

Offline Yard sale

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2020, 08:43:54 AM »
20 cases recorded in a day. My feeling is that it doesn’t really change the overall picture. I still think indications are that Lakewood has some degree of herd immunity. Herd immunity does not mean that everyone in Lakewood is immune. It simply means that enough people are immune to prevent it from spreading exponentially.  It was always anticipated that there would be more cases among those who are not immune, especially as thousands of Lakewood residents are traveling and returning from all over the country where they are exposed to places where covid is still prevalent. However, 20 cases is something to take note of and  keep a watchful eye on the situation.

Here’s what I don’t like: when the numbers are manipulated to suit a preconceived viewpoint. The data should be viewed objectively for what it is, not used to push one side of the story.

Take a look at the original archived story and the new one that replaced it:

http://archive.is/CVsc2#

https://www.thelakewoodscoop.com/news/2020/08/breaking-few-new-cases-in-lakewood-despite-thousands-of-recent-tests.html

Offline Euclid

• View Profile
Lakewood cases
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2020, 08:48:07 AM »
20 cases recorded in a day. My feeling is that it doesn’t really change the overall picture. I still think indications are that Lakewood has some degree of herd immunity. Herd immunity does not mean that everyone in Lakewood is immune. It simply means that enough people are immune to prevent it from spreading exponentially.  It was always anticipated that there would be more cases among those who are not immune, especially as thousands of Lakewood residents are traveling and returning from all over the country where they are exposed to places where covid is still prevalent. However, 20 cases is something to take note of and  keep a watchful eye on the situation.

Here’s what I don’t like: when the numbers are manipulated to suit a preconceived viewpoint. The data should be viewed objectively for what it is, not used to push one side of the story.

https://www.thelakewoodscoop.com/news/2020/08/breaking-few-new-cases-in-lakewood-despite-thousands-of-recent-tests.html

I wish people would understand this and take precautions instead of acting recklessly because of "herd immunity".

They don't even mention the spike in positives in the new article.

And how is the new article BREAKING news?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 09:16:36 AM by Euclid »

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2020, 09:30:48 AM »

You're right, that's why they had to pull the original story that was missing critical information, like the fact that there were so many more tests given.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 10:31:38 AM by avromie7 »
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2020, 10:36:57 AM »
You're right, that's why they had to pull the original story that was missing critical information, like the fact that there were so many more tests given.
But the original article does include that? All they did was REMOVE a critical fact that there were more positives.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2020, 12:12:31 PM »
But the original article does include that?
No, and that was the issue.

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2020, 12:25:06 PM »

The number of cases has been revised from 20 down to 8.

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2020, 12:33:22 PM »
No, and that was the issue.
The archived link most definitely does include that.
Some say, however, that the spike in new cases in Lakewood are simply due to massive numbers of Coronavirus tests having taken place...
(sic)
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Mikeoracle

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2020, 05:04:10 PM »
Hi,
I want to share my story as a data point and maybe it will help someone (I may xpost for visibility);
On Monday 8/10 I tested positive for Covid. It seems pretty clear that I was infected at a simcha last week, either at the Aufruf or at the Wedding last Tuesday 8/4. I started not feeling well on Thursday morning but thought it was just allergies or a cold, which i deal with often. I felt a little bit better friday night and shabbos morning and went to a small local minyan in my neighborhood, but by shabbos afternoon I was in bed.
I only found out on Monday 8/10 that there were a lot of people not feeling well from that simcha and testing positive, so I quickly went to get tested (in Friendly Urgent Care). They told me there were a few positive tests within that last hour, one of them I know is a relative of mine who was also at the wedding. They indicated that there seems to be at least 2 or more wedding this past week that are at the center of a bunch of positive cases.
I quickly notified whoever I was in contact with, but so for unfortunately at least 3 people got infected by me. This is by far the worst feeling for me, worse than actually being sick. I wish everyone would be as quick to alert people as I was- as I would likely have been able to avoid infecting anyone, and would have taken precautions as soon as I felt sick.

There is definitely an outbreak right now, which will hopefully subside quickly if people take precautions, it just pains me that people didnt feel "shame" or whatever it is, that stops them from reacting responsibly right away.
This is affecting people in Lakewood, Monsey and Boro park (and catskills of course) who were at the is wedding, and some of the other weddings that were affected (infected?).

If you are a high risk person, you should be extra careful for the next little while (at minimum).

p.s. it is extra frustrating as my family was so careful for such a long time. I refused to daven indoors, for a long time and was made fun of because of that.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 05:07:17 PM by Mikeoracle »

Offline Yard sale

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2020, 07:46:02 PM »
Actually it’s likely that precisely because you were so careful you were still vulnerable to being infected. I’d like to know how many of those infected were similarly careful or live in places other than Lakewood...

Offline yaakov35

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2020, 08:23:46 PM »

I’d like to know how many of those infected were similarly careful or live in places other than Lakewood...
I'm sure all but still fact is there were plenty of people who were careful and now are still susceptible of getting it and passing it on.

Offline Euclid

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2020, 10:20:26 PM »
Hi,
I want to share my story as a data point and maybe it will help someone (I may xpost for visibility);
On Monday 8/10 I tested positive for Covid. It seems pretty clear that I was infected at a simcha last week, either at the Aufruf or at the Wedding last Tuesday 8/4. I started not feeling well on Thursday morning but thought it was just allergies or a cold, which i deal with often. I felt a little bit better friday night and shabbos morning and went to a small local minyan in my neighborhood, but by shabbos afternoon I was in bed.
I only found out on Monday 8/10 that there were a lot of people not feeling well from that simcha and testing positive, so I quickly went to get tested (in Friendly Urgent Care). They told me there were a few positive tests within that last hour, one of them I know is a relative of mine who was also at the wedding. They indicated that there seems to be at least 2 or more wedding this past week that are at the center of a bunch of positive cases.
I quickly notified whoever I was in contact with, but so for unfortunately at least 3 people got infected by me. This is by far the worst feeling for me, worse than actually being sick. I wish everyone would be as quick to alert people as I was- as I would likely have been able to avoid infecting anyone, and would have taken precautions as soon as I felt sick.

There is definitely an outbreak right now, which will hopefully subside quickly if people take precautions, it just pains me that people didnt feel "shame" or whatever it is, that stops them from reacting responsibly right away.
This is affecting people in Lakewood, Monsey and Boro park (and catskills of course) who were at the is wedding, and some of the other weddings that were affected (infected?).

If you are a high risk person, you should be extra careful for the next little while (at minimum).

p.s. it is extra frustrating as my family was so careful for such a long time. I refused to daven indoors, for a long time and was made fun of because of that.
Assuming this is your family.

https://twitter.com/OneJerseySchorr/status/1294820390888407041

Offline Mikeoracle

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2020, 10:45:15 PM »
Assuming this is your family.

https://twitter.com/OneJerseySchorr/status/1294820390888407041
This is either another family/situation, or info is all wrong.
In Lakewood there are less 12 of my family members that are positive and I personally know of more than 4 non family members that got infected by us

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2020, 10:47:21 PM »
In Lakewood there are less 12 of my family members that are positive and I personally know of more than 4 non family members that got infected by us
these reports are daily numbers, if different family member were tested on different days the results would be released on different days.

Offline Euclid

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2020, 10:50:55 PM »
Maybe he means 12 are traced back to a single situation?