Author Topic: Lakewood covid cases  (Read 522819 times)

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
Re: Lakewood cases
« Reply #100 on: August 21, 2020, 06:14:34 PM »
I was being sarcastic...

It's like they've never read any of your posts before...
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline yaakov35

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 21, 2020, 06:43:40 PM »
It's like they've never read any of your posts before...
Shocking

Offline Euclid

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 22, 2020, 09:13:19 PM »
8 new cases via OCHD.

Offline Euclid

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 23, 2020, 10:56:11 AM »
Verified story: teenager tested positive last night (onset of symptoms yesterday morning), 10 days after being in contact with her friend who subsequently tested positive (this is their current working theory of when/how she caught it.)

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 23, 2020, 11:43:10 AM »
I think the spread in Lakewood is much more than the reported cases now, given how it spreads silently...

Offline Yard sale

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 23, 2020, 12:29:04 PM »
Verified story: teenager tested positive last night (onset of symptoms yesterday morning), 10 days after being in contact with her friend who subsequently tested positive (this is their current working theory of when/how she caught it.)
If so that would be a rather long incubation period but not unheard of.

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 23, 2020, 02:05:53 PM »
I think the spread in Lakewood is much more than the reported cases now, given how it spreads silently...
Why do you think so? If you're making that assumption based on what happened in early March, the situation is very different. I know someone who came back from LA before there was a single confirmed positive case in lakewood and wasn't feeling well, he asked an urgent care if he should be worried it may be corona and they laughed at him.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline yaakov35

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 23, 2020, 02:16:29 PM »
Why do you think so? If you're making that assumption based on what happened in early March, the situation is very different. I know someone who came back from LA before there was a single confirmed positive case in lakewood and wasn't feeling well, he asked an urgent care if he should be worried it may be corona and they laughed at him.
You don't see a pattern? .... all the pro lockdown, fear mongers.... its worse then we think, there's more than we know... second wave, third wave... its all the same people. Everything is worse then we think, cases are underreported, none of it based on anything other then בויך סברה.

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #108 on: August 23, 2020, 02:46:42 PM »
You don't see a pattern? .... all the pro lockdown, fear mongers.... its worse then we think, there's more than we know... second wave, third wave... its all the same people. Everything is worse then we think, cases are underreported, none of it based on anything other then בויך סברה.
Says Mr Cold-hard-facts.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Ergel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 23, 2020, 02:54:26 PM »
Says Mr Cold-hard-facts.
They can both be wrong
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline yaakov35

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 23, 2020, 03:04:48 PM »
Says Mr Cold-hard-facts.
I never said its facts. But to use a few isolated incidents and say there is a spread now is asinine.

Online joeberg

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 23, 2020, 03:18:53 PM »
It is not a few isolated cases! From hearing anecdotal reports it seems like there are currently hundreds of cases in the tri-state from community. BH it seems like there are no hospitalizations but I think everyone should reevaluate their behavior based on the new facts on the ground. IE, Maybe avoid prolonged exposure at  large weddings, maybe masks.

Offline Afrages6

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 23, 2020, 03:31:03 PM »
It is not a few isolated cases! From hearing anecdotal reports it seems like there are currently hundreds of cases in the tri-state from community. BH it seems like there are no hospitalizations but I think everyone should reevaluate their behavior based on the new facts on the ground. IE, Maybe avoid prolonged exposure at  large weddings, maybe masks.
You heard a couple anecdotal reports and extrapolated it too a couple hundred? Or you heard a couple hundred anecdotes

Offline Euclid

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 23, 2020, 04:11:47 PM »
9 new cases yesterday via OCHD.

Definite upward trend over the past 2 weeks.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 23, 2020, 07:27:21 PM »
I never said its facts. But to use a few isolated incidents and say there is a spread now is asinine.
Absolutely, but for someone who said 20 a week should make people pay attention it seems strange that when there are 35 a week in a much smaller population you are dismissing it.

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #115 on: August 23, 2020, 08:11:53 PM »

Which part do you think is wrong? There isn't more than we know? It's not worse than we may have thought? Those aren't boich svaros, they are facts that are played out every day. We learn more every day. The long-term impacts that are being documented are worse than how we thought this virus would impact milder or asymptomatic cases, especially in younger (under 50) demographics.

The other stuff... I dare you to show me the last post on here advocating for a lockdown. As for the second and third (?) waves, they are brought down in context with the way seasonal viruses work, as well as historical data from previous pandemics. Hardly a boich svara.

ETA: cases being underreported is also documented fact. It's usually brought down to show how many more people had it already than we thought, so we must be closer to herd immunity than we think. It's also brought down in the context of certain agencies fudging numbers, which is also documented.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 08:22:21 PM by Lurker »
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 24, 2020, 12:13:27 PM »
Which part do you think is wrong? There isn't more than we know? It's not worse than we may have thought? Those aren't boich svaros, they are facts that are played out every day. We learn more every day. The long-term impacts that are being documented are worse than how we thought this virus would impact milder or asymptomatic cases, especially in younger (under 50) demographics.

The other stuff... I dare you to show me the last post on here advocating for a lockdown. As for the second and third (?) waves, they are brought down in context with the way seasonal viruses work, as well as historical data from previous pandemics. Hardly a boich svara.

ETA: cases being underreported is also documented fact. It's usually brought down to show how many more people had it already than we thought, so we must be closer to herd immunity than we think. It's also brought down in the context of certain agencies fudging numbers, which is also documented.

The only one who I recall promoting lockdown was @yaakov35 if BP reaches above 20 cases a week. :P

Offline Euclid

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 24, 2020, 04:02:43 PM »
6 new cases via OCHD.

Offline Euclid

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 24, 2020, 05:37:53 PM »
Another mesivta bochur in Lakewood from a large yeshivish camp was symptomatic and tested positive yesterday. This after the camp emailed the parents about another boy who tested positive as well.

Offline Euclid

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 25, 2020, 09:05:03 AM »
After seeing the letters come out from BP and Monsey, I'd think that we would see a similar letter in Lakewood, especially considering schools are starting this week. However, I do know that Lakewood doctors are now gun shy after the backlash Pesach time (about minyanim etc.), so who knows if we will actually see any public statement.