Author Topic: Lakewood covid cases  (Read 522552 times)

Offline yesitsme

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: Lakewood cases
« Reply #240 on: August 29, 2020, 10:51:27 PM »
Outside of frum communities and the radical 'Murica crowd? Yes. Globally.
I'm proud to be part of the frum community, and I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry when I see those wearing a mask in their vehicle even without any passengers all in the name of politics

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 29, 2020, 10:55:11 PM »
No one is screaming and no one is panicking. This lack of nuance is beneath you. Wearing a mask is universally accepted. No one is saying, "wear a mask or else." They are begging, I am begging, please wear a mask so that we never have to come to a point where there is panic. It's purely a preventive measure.
Exhibit A:
So is your answer that people are stupid?

Your argument is that we should wait until people are dead, like we did last time, because otherwise they won’t listen. Aha.
Who’s “we”? In March, as now, you were claiming it won’t be as bad as it got, and argued with others who were proven right. Define how your stance has changed.
I still have yet to hear why masks *aren’t* warranted, and what you would consider an amount worthy of concern. Obviously waiting for many hospitalizations and deaths would be a poor baseline, as that would mean we already lost. Apparently we are not there yet. So what would you consider there?
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 29, 2020, 10:57:24 PM »
Who’s “we”? In March, as now, you were claiming it won’t be as bad as it got, and argued with others who were proven right. Define how your stance has changed.
Everyone!
I still have yet to hear why masks *aren’t* warranted, and what you would consider an amount worthy of concern. Obviously waiting for many hospitalizations and deaths would be a poor baseline, as that would mean we already lost. Apparently we are not there yet. So what would you consider there?
I've said it multiple times and my position hasn't changed. Significant community spread is where I draw the line.

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #243 on: August 29, 2020, 10:58:18 PM »
I'm proud to be part of the frum community, and I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry when I see those wearing a mask in their vehicle even without any passengers all in the name of politics

I've been that person, and it has nothing to do with politics. Walked out of a store and was going to another place where I needed to wear it, so I just didn't take it off. Pretty common, actually.

And this is yet another example of the lack of nuance in our community. Because we're not the people who wear masks by ourselves in our cars for political reasons, we should just not wear masks ever. Either/or, binary proposition.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 29, 2020, 10:59:42 PM »
I've been that person, and it has nothing to do with politics. Walked out of a store and was going to another place where I needed to wear it, so I just didn't take it off. Pretty common, actually.

And this is yet another example of the lack of nuance in our community. Because we're not the people who wear masks by ourselves in our cars for political reasons, we should just not wear masks ever. Either/or, binary proposition.
I think he was referring to people driving down the highway wearing masks. I've seen it many times and I laugh every time.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #245 on: August 29, 2020, 11:00:03 PM »
Everyone! I've said it multiple times and my position hasn't changed. Significant community spread is where I draw the line.

Define "significant." What's the number?

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 29, 2020, 11:01:35 PM »
I think he was referring to people driving down the highway wearing masks. I've seen it many times and I laugh every time.

Happens to be, I was on the 95.

I'm not saying there aren't stupid people in the world. I'm saying that they shouldn't be a factor.

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 29, 2020, 11:04:01 PM »
Define "significant." What's the number?
I don't have a hard number, but a few isolated cases isn't enough. As of now, I believe the overwhelming majority of new cases know where they got it.

Online S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #248 on: August 29, 2020, 11:05:03 PM »
Everyone! I've said it multiple times and my position hasn't changed. Significant community spread is where I draw the line.
A) It’s false to imply that some here didn’t know more than others what was going on. People like @yuneeq were quite vocal about it and were being ignored.

B) That’s just about as vague as can be. What is significant community spread? How many diagnosed cases per month or per week? How far do the cases need to be? Do we need 1, or a few, or many? Also, at what point will it be too late?
Exhibit A:
You’re either being obtuse or deliberately twisting what I wrote. I’m not insinuating that not wearing masks *must* lead to an outcome. I’m saying it’s the rational thing to do to definitely *preempt* that outcome.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #249 on: August 29, 2020, 11:06:24 PM »
Happens to be, I was on the 95.

I'm not saying there aren't stupid people in the world. I'm saying that they shouldn't be a factor.
This, plus people wearing N95 masks shouldn’t be adjusting it between places.

Seriously, how is the fact that you saw someone doing something stupid that you disagree with an argument?

Offline yitzgar

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 29, 2020, 11:08:10 PM »
Bringing up the old lady in her car wearing a mask every time there is a discussion about masks, is the equivalent of Godwin's law

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #251 on: August 29, 2020, 11:09:05 PM »
Bringing up the old lady in her car wearing a mask every time there is a discussion about masks, is the equivalent of Godwin's law
It’s the anti-corona version of “15 will be 0”

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #252 on: August 29, 2020, 11:10:25 PM »
What if they’re Uber drivers? Isn’t it the considerate thing to do? I’m only arguing this because there can technically be a valid reason to do it, although there certainly are foolish people out there.

Offline yitzgar

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 29, 2020, 11:10:34 PM »
Literally everywhere in the United States (and probably many other countries), everyone is wearing masks when indoors in public places. The one major exception is Jewish communities in NY/NJ. Must be because of how smart we are....

Offline yesitsme

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 29, 2020, 11:11:21 PM »
in our shuls We have a section for those over 60 that wear a mask, and the rest enjoys life as usual, how is your kiddush with a mask?
["-"]

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #255 on: August 29, 2020, 11:11:30 PM »
Literally everywhere in the United States (and probably many other countries), everyone is wearing masks when indoors in public places. The one major exception is some Jewish communities in NY/NJ. Must be because of how smart we are....
FTFY

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 29, 2020, 11:11:37 PM »
A) It’s false to imply that some here didn’t know more than others what was going on. People like @yuneeq were quite vocal about it and were being ignored.
Even @yuneeq admitted he didn't realize the extent.
You’re either being obtuse or deliberately twisting what I wrote. I’m not insinuating that not wearing masks *must* lead to an outcome. I’m saying it’s the rational thing to do to definitely *preempt* that outcome.
You're sounding the alarm like we have a major outbreak going on. You compared now to March multiple times. You're the definition of the boy who cried wolf.

Offline yitzgar

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 29, 2020, 11:12:15 PM »

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 29, 2020, 11:12:57 PM »
Literally everywhere democrat city in the United States (and probably many other countries), everyone is wearing masks when indoors in public places. The one major exception is Jewish communities in NY/NJ. Must be because of how smart we are....
FTFY

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #259 on: August 29, 2020, 11:13:03 PM »
in our shuls We have a section for those over 60 that were a mask, and the rest enjoys life as usual, how is your kiddush with a mask?
While that’s commendable, it’s not the norm in the shuls I regularly attend. One can argue it’s insufficient as well but it’s definitely a large step.