Author Topic: Lakewood covid cases  (Read 523042 times)

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Re: Lakewood cases
« Reply #420 on: September 02, 2020, 11:07:27 AM »
If you take the numbers of all of the Jewish communities in the Tri-State area as a whole than all of the causes of death you listed are responsible for perhaps a maximum of 5-10 per year (all vividly publicized by YWN)..

And the COVID deaths possibly exceed 1,000(!)
You really think that there are only 5-10 deaths a year from obesity related causes? Many COVID deaths themselves  had that as a contributing cause.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #421 on: September 02, 2020, 11:10:25 AM »
You really think that there are only 5-10 deaths a year from obesity related causes? Many COVID deaths themselves  had that as a contributing cause.
I was referring to the causes of death mentioned in the original post- Bein Hazmanim road trips, swimming pools, traveling to long distance weddings.

Personal health issues is a whole ‘nother Pandora’s box. I believe we were discussing things that will result in immediate death. It’s completely possible that the long term effects of COVOD will have a worse effect than that of obesity..
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline shaulyaakov

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: September 02, 2020, 11:21:36 AM »
I was referring to the causes of death mentioned in the original post- Bein Hazmanim road trips, swimming pools, traveling to long distance weddings.

Personal health issues is a whole ‘nother Pandora’s box. I believe we were discussing things that will result in immediate death. It’s completely possible that the long term effects of COVOD will have a worse effect than that of obesity..
But you not acting safely with covid protections endangers others. That's not in dispute. You don't just get to wave that away.

Offline yaakov35

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 02, 2020, 11:36:58 AM »
But you not acting safely with covid protections endangers others. That's not in dispute. You don't just get to wave that away.
This is exactly why the whole world  hates each other. If you view everyone else as a problem.....

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #424 on: September 02, 2020, 11:40:09 AM »
This is exactly why the whole world  hates each other. If you view everyone else as a problem.....

Yes, this is exactly why the whole world hates each other.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #425 on: September 02, 2020, 11:41:22 AM »
Correct, I was not disputing that.
This is very sad. We are talking about frum communities. Why can’t we expect everyone, ourselves included, to be considerate of others? I don’t think that is a cause for hate.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 02, 2020, 11:59:31 AM »
Only those who don't care about spreading potentially deadly disease to others and those who loot and burn down other peoples property. If someone can't be considerate enough to avoid spreading a disease to me then I have a right to be upset at them.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #427 on: September 02, 2020, 12:03:22 PM »

I made fun of this, but there is some truth here in the inverse. If everyone thought about the repercussions their actions would have on others, there would be so much less hate in the world. Hillel had this figured out centuries ago al regel aches.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 12:07:15 PM by Lurker »

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 02, 2020, 12:05:45 PM »
I made fun of this, but there is some truth here in the inverse. If everyone thought about the repercussions their actions would have on others, there would be so much less hate in the world. Hillel had this figured out centuries ago al regel aches.

FTFY

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 02, 2020, 12:08:13 PM »
FTFY

Fixed. Started writing about V'ahavta l'reiacha kamocha and switched thoughts.

Offline yaakov35

• View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 02, 2020, 12:48:06 PM »
Only those who don't care about spreading potentially deadly disease to others and those who loot and burn down other peoples property. If someone can't be considerate enough to avoid spreading a disease to me then I have a right to be upset at them.
Exactly my point. Nobody cares about anybody else, everyone is just nervous about themselves. You want someone to wear a mask not because he might infect other people, but because he might infect you. And that's exactly what covid did. It turned humanity on each other. Nobody really cares covid spreading or anything, they just want to make sure it doesn't affect them.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 02, 2020, 01:16:32 PM »
Exactly my point. Nobody cares about anybody else, everyone is just nervous about themselves. You want someone to wear a mask not because he might infect other people, but because he might infect you. And that's exactly what covid did. It turned humanity on each other. Nobody really cares covid spreading or anything, they just want to make sure it doesn't affect them.

Not sure how in the world you saw that in what I wrote. Nobody burned or looted anything of mine. I am a part of "anybody else". When people are selfish and inconsiderate of society that should expect people to turn on them.

Offline yaakov35

• View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 02, 2020, 01:28:47 PM »

Not sure how in the world you saw that in what I wrote. Nobody burned or looted anything of mine. I am a part of "anybody else". When people are selfish and inconsiderate of society that should expect people to turn on them.

Didn't mean you as you personally, you meant an individual. People don't care about a greater good or society, only about themselves. People are scared of the high number of covid cases because impact their lives. They aren't concerned about others lives.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 02, 2020, 01:47:49 PM »

Didn't mean you as you personally, you meant an individual. People don't care about a greater good or society, only about themselves. People are scared of the high number of covid cases because impact their lives. They aren't concerned about others lives.

This has been enlightening. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you think this way. Tell me, am I afraid that people in Lakewood or NY will get me sick? What's my angle? Am I fear-mongering to cause chaos for my benefit? After all, this must somehow be about me.

Offline yfr bachur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 02, 2020, 01:59:49 PM »
I want other people to wear a mask for the same reason I wear a mask: To be considerate of other people, and not get them sick.

I hate wearing the mask, it can be uncomfortable, it's hard to breathe especially when it's hot....but I wear it anyway, so if chas veshalom I'm carrying it, I won't spread it.

and yes, I expect other people to also be considerate human beings.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 02:03:10 PM by yfr bachur »

Offline yfr bachur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: September 02, 2020, 02:20:43 PM »
People don't care about a greater good or society, only about themselves. People are scared of the high number of covid cases because impact their lives. They aren't concerned about others lives.

Ipcha Mistabra. People dont care about the high number of covid cases because the preventative measures impact their lives. They aren't concerned about others lives.

If one side says do something for the good of society, and the other side says "don't have to, don't want to, can't make me"... who doesn't care about others??

Offline Yard sale

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: September 02, 2020, 03:07:09 PM »
A rebbe in a Lakewood mesivta tested positive today
26 new cases via OCHD
« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 03:13:11 PM by Yard sale »

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 02, 2020, 03:13:57 PM »
A rebbe in a Lakewood mesivta tested positive today
26 new cases via OCHD

61 on the week, in case anyone is counting.

Offline shaulyaakov

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 02, 2020, 06:47:40 PM »
I want other people to wear a mask for the same reason I wear a mask: To be considerate of other people, and not get them sick.

I hate wearing the mask, it can be uncomfortable, it's hard to breathe especially when it's hot....but I wear it anyway, so if chas veshalom I'm carrying it, I won't spread it.

and yes, I expect other people to also be considerate human beings.
I hate going through TSA. But I accept that it's needed for safety. It is what it is.

Offline Yard sale

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 02, 2020, 07:11:47 PM »
I think you are starting to see some movement. Some schools are staggering or canceling orientations. Asifas have been postponed. I think the cheder and Bais faiga are at least trying to implement segregating classes etc. so  there is at least some awareness of the need to exercise some reasonable caution.