Author Topic: Lakewood covid cases  (Read 530037 times)

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
Re: Lakewood covid cases
« Reply #600 on: September 07, 2020, 11:00:09 PM »
It never went anywhere.
There were zero to very few cases in the frum communities in the tri-state area for quite a while. That is no longer the case. There are at a minimum hundreds of cases circulating in Lakewood.

I remember you posting a while back that most people would agree that wearing a mask is a small price to pay to reopen our economy. Do you still maintain that position? I believe this was before mask wearing was politicized.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline SayWhat

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: September 07, 2020, 11:50:30 PM »
There were zero to very few cases in the frum communities in the tri-state area for quite a while. That is no longer the case. There are at a minimum hundreds of cases circulating in Lakewood.

I remember you posting a while back that most people would agree that wearing a mask is a small price to pay to reopen our economy. Do you still maintain that position? I believe this was before mask wearing was politicized.
He is 100% right. I think the one thing we can all agree on is that we don't want another shutdown. But if this blows up to where it was March/April time there will be another shutdown. So we can either take the basic precautions now like mask wearing, social distancing & avoiding large indoor gatherings or the govt will enact another shutdown. Which one is it going to be?

Offline Yard sale

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: September 07, 2020, 11:54:24 PM »
He is 100% right. I think the one thing we can all agree on is that we don't want another shutdown. But if this blows up to where it was March/April time there will be another shutdown. So we can either take the basic precautions now like mask wearing, social distancing & avoiding large indoor gatherings or the govt will enact another shutdown. Which one is it going to be?
It sure isn’t going to e the masks.Was by another wedding tonight. Jam packed. One mask wearer.

Offline Euclid

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: September 07, 2020, 11:56:40 PM »
There's another path that it seems the community leaders would like us to take: the underground swedish strategy.

Let it rip through town while keeping it under the radar of authorities. Keep testing to a minimum, don't report positive tests, don't publish any public statements etc. 

Offline Yard sale

• View Profile
« Reply #604 on: September 08, 2020, 12:04:38 AM »
There's another path that it seems the community leaders would like us to take: the underground swedish strategy.

Let it rip through town while keeping it under the radar of authorities. Keep testing to a minimum, don't report positive tests, don't publish any public statements etc.
That works if you are counting on zero hospitalizations and zero mortality. If you have multiple hospitalizations or ch”v fatalities it gets just a bit more difficult to keep it under the radar.

Offline yitzgar

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: September 08, 2020, 01:27:23 AM »
The question is if it's too late to avoid an outbreak like march

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Lakewood covid cases
« Reply #606 on: September 08, 2020, 01:31:41 AM »
Question will be answered within the next few weeks. Proactive steps have not and will not be taken, and so time will tell. Let's hope the answer is a positive one.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 01:36:02 AM by Euclid »

Offline chevron

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: September 08, 2020, 02:05:50 AM »
What's so shocking?

When I said people going back to life like normal I wanted to know what happened?

And then they said well we all got it! It's gone! Herd immunity!!

Wear a mask? Naw!!

I have no more energy, I would like life to go back to normal as much as possible, I understand both sides of the argument.

But there's no excuse for people to not be lazy, There's no excuse for anybody to make baseless arguments.

Speak sh** and I will hold it against you for life

Offline Yard sale

• View Profile
« Reply #608 on: September 08, 2020, 02:17:46 AM »
It’s not March. It’s not going to be like March. Let’s not get carried away.

Even if you tried to replicate the events in March, the R0 is going to be far lower- even under the most pessimistic assumptions over 30% of Lakewood has had covid. Treatment protocol for those who are in respiratory distress are vastly different. Etc.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 02:31:27 AM by Yard sale »

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #609 on: September 08, 2020, 02:33:12 AM »

Yes education is much better as is prevention and so was knowledge of treatment.

But could you really say that you really trust people to act responsibly? I have seven different bridges to sell you.

Even in Miami even at the quietest times I only trusted people who I knew I could trust with my life and I knew who were responsible and if anybody in their family had symptoms or anybody that they were in contact with had symptoms they would tell me and they would stay away from me.

A close friend of mine  had Corona and I when I brought him food he was totally like yeah okay give it to me I'm wearing a mask?!?

Dude!! I said no.. I left the food on top of my car and I closed the doors and windows before he came.

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #610 on: September 08, 2020, 02:35:33 AM »

Even if you tried to replicate the events in March, the R0 is going to be far lower- even under the most pessimistic assumptions over 30% of Lakewood has had covid. Treatment protocol for those who are in respiratory distress are vastly different. Etc.

You edited your post but still I worry about the whole stigma when they want to keep it quiet and they want to keep the schools open so they are going to tell people who have it to not get tested and to just stay home and therefore they are not going to get treatment when they need it in time.

Doctors have told me that many of the patients that they lost when people who came too late for treatment

Offline shaulyaakov

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: September 08, 2020, 06:24:47 AM »
You keep them isolated for a month or 2 while covid runs rampant amongst the general population until you reach herd immunity.
That's not what happened in Sweden.

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: September 08, 2020, 06:53:37 AM »
That's not what happened in Sweden.
Which part?
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline shaulyaakov

• View Profile
« Reply #613 on: September 08, 2020, 07:01:41 AM »
Which part?
That everyone got it in 2 months and old people were fine.

Offline shaulyaakov

• View Profile
« Reply #614 on: September 08, 2020, 07:02:42 AM »
Is there word on how many people getting infected now testes positive for antibodies?

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: September 08, 2020, 07:04:52 AM »
That everyone got it in 2 months and old people were fine.
It didn't work perfectly, but that was the basic plan. It's still looking better with every passing day.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline shaulyaakov

• View Profile
« Reply #616 on: September 08, 2020, 07:06:06 AM »
It didn't work perfectly, but that was the basic plan. It's still looking better with every passing day.
https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200813/swedens-no-lockdown-policy-didnt-achieve-herd-immunity

Offline drosenberg88429

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: September 08, 2020, 07:18:18 AM »

When did "normalcy" become the new religion? At this point there is light at the end of the tunnel. If we can hold out for 6 months, there will likely be vaccines available. Is 6 months of masks really too much to ask, so much so we're willing to sacrifice lives for it on the altar of normalcy? It's somewhat understandable that a bunch of hedonistic live for the moment university students (that are living in campus, and therefore posing minimal risk to greater public) are not too concerned about the welfare of society, but are we as a community really no better? It's quite oxymoronic to gather to pray and learn for the sake of HKBH, in a mannerism that is defiant of the very G-d they are gathered to supposedly worship. Evidently, normalcy is the new idol that replaced HKBH. This isn't even mesiras nefesh for Torah... It's mesiras nefesh for personal comfort.

מי ביקש זאת מידכם רמות חצרי

Are we the next generation to murder Zechariah because the message necessitates changes from patterns of living we're comfortable with?

Online flyingace

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: September 08, 2020, 07:51:34 AM »
Did sick people quarantine in the Swedish model?

Offline Afrages6

• View Profile
« Reply #619 on: September 08, 2020, 08:06:06 AM »
When did "normalcy" become the new religion? At this point there is light at the end of the tunnel. If we can hold out for 6 months, there will likely be vaccines available. Is 6 months of masks really too much to ask, so much so we're willing to sacrifice lives for it on the altar of normalcy? It's somewhat understandable that a bunch of hedonistic live for the moment university students (that are living in campus, and therefore posing minimal risk to greater public) are not too concerned about the welfare of society, but are we as a community really no better? It's quite oxymoronic to gather to pray and learn for the sake of HKBH, in a mannerism that is defiant of the very G-d they are gathered to supposedly worship. Evidently, normalcy is the new idol that replaced HKBH. This isn't even mesiras nefesh for Torah... It's mesiras nefesh for personal comfort.

מי ביקש זאת מידכם רמות חצרי

Are we the next generation to murder Zechariah because the message necessitates changes from patterns of living we're comfortable with?

No one comes here for a mussar schmooze. People are living this way with tacit approval from rabbonim and roshei yeshiva. Go to these indoor weddings and you’ll see them acting like everyone else..