Author Topic: Lakewood covid cases  (Read 530728 times)

Offline grodnoking

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
Re: Lakewood covid cases
« Reply #820 on: September 10, 2020, 12:01:31 AM »
Yes those. How did they kill people?

Not using them killed people. If they would have sent the elderly to a field hospital, there most likely would have been many less lives lost in nursing homes. A 33 page essay the governor had written up describes how it is not his fault because he didn't say explicitly that if the nursing homes would refuse the patients they would be hung for treason. They still COULD have even with the underlying threats made. (Ok, not literally treason)
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline grodnoking

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: September 10, 2020, 12:03:13 AM »

Sacrifice the seniors for the greater good.

Please excuse me while I gather my jaw off the floor.
I'm not who you think I am.

Online cmey

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: September 10, 2020, 12:06:45 AM »
Yes those. How did they kill people?
You don’t think diverting massive amounts of funding (they spent 270 million just on the 2 field hospitals on Long Island that never treated a single patient) , manpower, equipment, and PPE toward the field hospitals killed people?

Online cmey

• View Profile
« Reply #823 on: September 10, 2020, 12:09:11 AM »

Please excuse me while I gather my jaw off the floor.
Well the bottom line is they truly thought they were saving untold numbers of younger people by doing so. Isn’t that what the liberal notion of health care rationing is all about?

Offline Baruch

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: September 10, 2020, 12:24:17 AM »
With logic like that you can write for cnn
It's actually flawless logic. 20 people that work in highly trafficked bank, that wore masks, didn't get it. In the surrounding non-mask wearing community there was at least a 50% infection rate.

Dr. Kassover from Chemed told my mother, that none of the Chemed workers were infected, even though it probably had the most corona spreading people in the whole Lakewood. My parents both wear masks after that conversation.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 12:29:22 AM by Baruch »

Offline drosenberg88429

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #825 on: September 10, 2020, 12:38:36 AM »
You don’t think diverting massive amounts of funding (they spent 270 million just on the 2 field hospitals on Long Island that never treated a single patient) , manpower, equipment, and PPE toward the field hospitals killed people?

Please elaborate how that killed people.

Offline drosenberg88429

• View Profile
« Reply #826 on: September 10, 2020, 12:50:23 AM »
Instead of field hospitals, they should have equipped LTC facilities with adequate PPE and large scale testing. Positive seniors should have been moved away from the healthy population. The result would have been a fraction of the death toll.

This was the protocol that was supposed to be followed. A SNF was supposed to be following the same protocols and equipped with the same gear as hospitals. They explicitly said that any SNF that could not maintain CDC recommended standards for case isolation should let them know and not accept COVID positive patients. In hindsight, it is possible that this was not a good move.

The reality is that the NYC medical infrastructure is a bunch of individual institutions that do not operate through one central system. If there would have been one central command center coordinating which ambulances bring patients where based on real time capacity data, the field hospitals and ship could have been seamlessly integrated into the network. Being as it is a bunch of private institutions that operate independently of each other, each with their own ambulance network connections developed, this is not what happened. The way it was, supplies and case load were not efficiently distributed.  Therefore, the new unnetworked hospitals were left vacant, while the pre-existing facilities were overwhelmed.

There was and still is not a method for an overriding system to assume control of coordination of hospitals in case of a mass casualty incident. This is a major gap in the system.

Offline yaakov35

• View Profile
« Reply #827 on: September 10, 2020, 01:09:00 AM »
It's actually flawless logic. 20 people that work in highly trafficked bank, that wore masks, didn't get it. In the surrounding non-mask wearing community there was at least a 50% infection rate.

Dr. Kassover from Chemed told my mother, that none of the Chemed workers were infected, even though it probably had the most corona spreading people in the whole Lakewood. My parents both wear masks after that conversation.
I know workers who work at highly trafficked supermarkets that  don't wear masks, don't sit 10 feet from other people, don't have a bulletproof plexiglass in front of them and not one got covid. Masks don't make a difference , the end.

Offline yaakov35

• View Profile
« Reply #828 on: September 10, 2020, 01:10:55 AM »

In the surrounding non-mask wearing community there was at least a 50% infection rate.

Of people that work at banks? You can't be serious.

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: September 10, 2020, 01:45:34 AM »
Well the bottom line is they truly thought they were saving untold numbers of younger people by doing so. Isn’t that what the liberal notion of health care rationing is all about?

There’s nothing liberal about using limited resources to save people with the greatest chance of living. That’s literally triage and the accepted standard worldwide.

But I fail to see how that would be a good excuse for Cuomo.
Visibly Jewish

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: September 10, 2020, 01:57:42 AM »
This was the protocol that was supposed to be followed. A SNF was supposed to be following the same protocols and equipped with the same gear as hospitals. They explicitly said that any SNF that could not maintain CDC recommended standards for case isolation should let them know and not accept COVID positive patients. In hindsight, it is possible that this was not a good move.

The reality is that the NYC medical infrastructure is a bunch of individual institutions that do not operate through one central system. If there would have been one central command center coordinating which ambulances bring patients where based on real time capacity data, the field hospitals and ship could have been seamlessly integrated into the network. Being as it is a bunch of private institutions that operate independently of each other, each with their own ambulance network connections developed, this is not what happened. The way it was, supplies and case load were not efficiently distributed.  Therefore, the new unnetworked hospitals were left vacant, while the pre-existing facilities were overwhelmed.

There was and still is not a method for an overriding system to assume control of coordination of hospitals in case of a mass casualty incident. This is a major gap in the system.

Very insightful. Haven’t seen this explanation before. However, IIRC the field hospitals were not meant for serious COVID patients. It was meant for emptying out wards to free up space in hospitals, or for moderate cases/seniors with COVID. You don’t need to coordinate ambulances in real time for that.
Visibly Jewish

Offline yaakov35

• View Profile
« Reply #831 on: September 10, 2020, 02:21:31 AM »
Definitely fair to say that in hindsight, some wrong calls were made, especially with regard to sending the covid infected seniors back to the nursing homes.

Now, let's do our part, and not kill any more people.
Some wrong calls? You realize that 25% of the deaths in the us were in ny/nj? And of those over 30% were in nursing homes. Ny/nj have far more deaths then most countries. Some wrong calls? Sometimes I see things here and I need to read it twice because there's no way someone could actually say that.

Offline ShimshonK

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: September 10, 2020, 02:30:52 AM »
Sometimes I see things here and I need to read it twice because there's no way someone could actually say that.
Masks don't make a difference , the end.

Offline moko

• View Profile
« Reply #833 on: September 10, 2020, 07:52:04 AM »
Thank you for summarizing this thread!
you lose 3 ht's and 1000 posts for quoting that post  :)

Offline Afrages6

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: September 10, 2020, 07:57:53 AM »

False, that claim comes from the general rule that a nursing home has to be able to provide care for those that it accepts. The problem is that the nursing homes couldn’t test anyone as per state rules so they didn’t know who was contagious and who wasn’t. There was no specific protocol on isolation, it’s simply not true no matter how many times coward Zucker says it.

Offline drosenberg88429

• View Profile
« Reply #835 on: September 10, 2020, 08:15:54 AM »
Very insightful. Haven’t seen this explanation before. However, IIRC the field hospitals were not meant for serious COVID patients. It was meant for emptying out wards to free up space in hospitals, or for moderate cases/seniors with COVID. You don’t need to coordinate ambulances in real time for that.

You need a centralized system to systemically empty out hospitals. Transferring patients is always a big deal, especially when there is no ambulance availability. There fact that the hospitals were profiting off each patient was not helpful to that end either. At the end of the day, I hate to say it, this accentuates the benefits of socialized medicine. USA healthcare is more than halfway socialized anyways-this way we just get the worst of both worlds.

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #836 on: September 10, 2020, 09:15:33 AM »

Not using them killed people. If they would have sent the elderly to a field hospital, there most likely would have been many less lives lost in nursing homes. A 33 page essay the governor had written up describes how it is not his fault because he didn't say explicitly that if the nursing homes would refuse the patients they would be hung for treason. They still COULD have even with the underlying threats made. (Ok, not literally treason)
Great so that money was spent on them didn't kill anyone? So you agree that his question is a valid one and just choose to reply from left field?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #837 on: September 10, 2020, 09:21:33 AM »
Some wrong calls? You realize that 25% of the deaths in the us were in ny/nj? And of those over 30% were in nursing homes. Ny/nj have far more deaths then most countries. Some wrong calls? Sometimes I see things here and I need to read it twice because there's no way someone could actually say that.
According to my math that makes comes out to about 8% of total deaths from an illness at which seniors are at much higher risk. Now that you put it in perspective it dies not sound all that bad.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline cholent

• View Profile
« Reply #838 on: September 10, 2020, 09:33:40 AM »
According to my math that makes comes out to about 8% of total deaths from an illness at which seniors are at much higher risk. Now that you put it in perspective it dies not sound all that bad.
Your math is missing something pretty basic
Don't ask stupid questions and you won't get stupid answers

Online cmey

• View Profile
« Reply #839 on: September 10, 2020, 09:44:55 AM »
That’s because NY did the numbers trick. A nursing home patient who was wheeled out with a pulse is not counted as a nursing home death. In NJ and PA which had the same mandate over 43% and 67% of deaths were from nursing homes. NY likely falls somewhere in between.