Author Topic: Lakewood covid cases  (Read 532446 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Lakewood covid cases
« Reply #1460 on: September 24, 2020, 10:58:52 AM »
Is there a place/time I can get tested for antibodies without being heavily exposed?
Go to any Lapcorp or quest location?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #1461 on: September 24, 2020, 10:58:57 AM »

There are many other neighborhoods in NYC with similar outbreaks, it's very telling when the mayor singles out all the jewish neighborhoods and ignores all the others. It's not the first time he picked on us during this pandemic.
Is this true? First I’ve heard of it. Do you have a link?
How long ago did you have it? I had it in late March (BH finished my two weeks at home a week before Pesach) and tested negative for antibodies  (mayo) less than 30 days after onset of symptoms, but positive and high enough to donate (Mt Sinai) about two weeks after testing negative.
I have no reason to believe I’ve had it, but the recent psak in Lakewood is that anyone who has not yet checked for antibodies should do so now. I know a bunch people who tested positive for antibodies who had no clue so it’s still news :)
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline shaulyaakov

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: September 24, 2020, 11:01:10 AM »
I think it bears summarizing the last month or so:

- Lakewood has herd immunity
- Lakewood mostly has herd immunity as the cases are only coming from weddings, but wedding season is ending
- Lakewood has community spread, but the virus is more mild as there aren't any hospitalizations
- There are hospitalizations, but my neighbor on Hatzolah said there are no COVID transports.
- The virus isn't more mild there and there are more hospitalizations. This will be solved by telling everyone with COIVD to daven at their own minyan
- The virus is spreading, but other places will get it soon
- The virus is spreading, but there's absolutely nothing we can do because we aren't in control.

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: September 24, 2020, 11:02:03 AM »
I think it bears summarizing the last month or so:

- Lakewood has herd immunity
- Lakewood mostly has herd immunity as the cases are only coming from weddings, but wedding season is ending
- Lakewood has community spread, but the virus is more mild as there aren't any hospitalizations
- There are hospitalizations, but my neighbor on Hatzolah said there are no COVID transports.
- The virus isn't more mild there and there are more hospitalizations. This will be solved by telling everyone with COIVD to daven at their own minyan
- The virus is spreading, but other places will get it soon
- The virus is spreading, but there's absolutely nothing we can do because we aren't in control.
You forgot "everyone is going to get it anyways, so we are all apathetic"

Offline Euclid

• View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: September 24, 2020, 11:03:31 AM »
Heard from a very reliable source that schools are going to be closed from Yom Kippur until 2 weeks after sukkos.

Offline NTorch

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 68
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: September 24, 2020, 11:04:45 AM »
Is there a place/time I can get tested for antibodies without being heavily exposed?

In my community the hospitals (Northwell Health) are testing in a park or parking lot practically daily. You do need to a resident of the Town of Hempstead.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #1466 on: September 24, 2020, 11:05:00 AM »
You can do what I did:

Waited outside Friendly Urgent Care starting at 7:40 AM. Wore a mask and stood conspicuously 20+ feet away from the 3 people there. Everyone who came after (there were probably 40 people by the time doors opened at 8) made sure to put on a mask and distance, but I still stayed far off to the side. I made sure they realized I was on line though.

When they opened, they let people in one at a time to register. I was one of the first, so when it was my turn there were only 2 people inside, you can register on the iPad in a few seconds, then exited and waited outside until they called me into the room. Everyone inside wears a mask and the door to the exam room stay closed.

It’s not perfect, but it’s better than nothing.

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #1467 on: September 24, 2020, 11:05:20 AM »
I’ll flip the question. Do you think Hashem sent a pandemic the likes the modern world has never seen simply to see if we exercise our free will to mask?????
Maybe? Are you a navi to tell us otherwise?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #1468 on: September 24, 2020, 11:07:32 AM »
Heard from a very reliable source that schools are going to be closed from Yom Kippur until at least 2 weeks after sukkos.
FTFY

There is very likely going to be a very noticeable spike in Ocean County by that point and I wouldn’t be surprised if the State keeps that going.

But yes, I know of one school that has already closed and is not reopening immediately after Sukkos, and I have heard this as well.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #1469 on: September 24, 2020, 11:09:20 AM »
That’s if you assume that a vaccine is around the corner. Many would say that everyone will be exposed eventually one way or the other. Wait until late 2021 before you take a victory lap and call it preventable and a miscalculation. Look at the premature victory everyone here declared in the Sweden vs Denmark thread. (BTW Chicago took things seriously. The shuls were empty Shavuos night.  They have a bunch of cases. Far Rockaway took things seriously. They are inundated with cases. Passaic has multiple cases.)

Besides, what is taking place in Denmark and across Europe tells you that even widely adopted efforts at long term precautions are simply not sustainable. Fatigue sets in, and the resulting resurgence is bound to happen.
Just to be clear, did you believe that we had herd immunity before September?

Offline Euclid

• View Profile
« Reply #1470 on: September 24, 2020, 11:11:04 AM »
This is absolutely infuriating. This is on the plaitzus of the "Igud" and all those who enabled them.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: September 24, 2020, 11:13:01 AM »
This is absolutely infuriating. This is on the plaitzus of the "Igud" and all those who enabled them.
What do you gain by placing judgment on others? I presume you don't want others to do that to you.

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: September 24, 2020, 11:13:43 AM »
Similar outbreaks? Source?
Which ones?
Is this true? First I’ve heard of it. Do you have a link?I have no reason to believe I’ve had it, but the recent psak in Lakewood is that anyone who has not yet checked for antibodies should do so now. I know a bunch people who tested positive for antibodies who had no clue so it’s still news :)
https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/covid/covid-19-data-recent.page Here is data from the past 4 weeks. As you can see on the map, there are a number of other zip codes with similar numbers.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: September 24, 2020, 11:14:22 AM »
It does seem like you were on target about how long it took. Odds are it was circulating silently in the community in February as well before exploding on Purim.

Of course "Just because things turned out a certain way doesn't mean you were right" but this was just SO OBVIOUS!

Offline Euclid

• View Profile
Lakewood covid cases
« Reply #1474 on: September 24, 2020, 11:14:53 AM »
What do you gain by placing judgment on others? I presume you don't want others to do that to you.
Did I say something that's incorrect? If you make decisions for the entire community you open yourself to judgement. Especially when anyone with open eyes could see this unfolding.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: September 24, 2020, 11:17:01 AM »
https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/covid/covid-19-data-recent.page Here is data from the past 4 weeks. As you can see on the map, there are a number of other zip codes with similar numbers.
A total of 2. One is Breezy Point where the "197 per 100,000" is calculated from a total of 7 cases. The other is Far Rockaway. Hmmmm what is the tzad hashove there?

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #1476 on: September 24, 2020, 11:19:37 AM »
A total of 2. One is Breezy Point where the "197 per 100,000" is calculated from a total of 7 cases. The other is Far Rockaway. Hmmmm what is the tzad hashove there?
That’s despite ignoring the elephant in the room- the very high percentage of exposed people with symptoms who aren’t testing

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: September 24, 2020, 11:25:50 AM »
There were 6 neighborhoods being called out. Yes Far Rockaway is the highest, but there are many neighborhoods with roughly the same number of cases (including a few in The Bronx) as the other neighborhoods but only jewish neighborhoods were called out. Williamsburg is relatively low, I'm not sure why they even made it to his list.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline Yard sale

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: September 24, 2020, 11:25:54 AM »
The doctors were not on the Igud’s (yeshivas) page whatsoever. They simply felt that something was better than nothing.

Offline shaulyaakov

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: September 24, 2020, 11:26:48 AM »
The data simply doesn't show what you claim.

20% of all NYC cases are coming from 6 neighborhoods. I beleive 5 of those are almost exclusively orthodox.