Author Topic: Lakewood covid cases  (Read 531233 times)

Offline Afrages6

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Lakewood covid cases
« Reply #1980 on: October 01, 2020, 01:12:43 PM »
I've seen stories about that for antibodies, but not for infections. Any links?
I’ve watched way too many of that mans press conferences where he’s said that.

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #1981 on: October 01, 2020, 01:14:00 PM »
I’ve watched way too many of that mans press conferences where he’s said that.

Is it possible he was talking about pulling in random people to test for antibodies?
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #1982 on: October 01, 2020, 01:14:53 PM »
How is cases/population more accurate if less people are testing? Wouldn’t that cause a significant underestimate? As always, *both* numbers should be considered.
But we don't have fewer people testing, we have MORE people testing to the extent that they are running out.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Afrages6

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: October 01, 2020, 01:15:01 PM »
Is it possible he was talking about pulling in random people to test for antibodies?
No. He was definitely talking about Covid tests.

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #1984 on: October 01, 2020, 01:28:10 PM »
But we don't have fewer people testing, we have MORE people testing to the extent that they are running out.
Didn’t you just say that because there are fewer tests and longer waits asymptomatic people and people who care less are not testing?
It isn't a question of smarter but that with an active outbreak the lines are long and the inconvenience of testing is higher. this filters out more people.

There are a higher total number testing (because more are exposed/symptomatic). But there are less per capita testing than would in similar circumstances elsewhere. Wasn’t that your argument?
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Online etech0

• View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #1985 on: October 01, 2020, 01:29:11 PM »
The question then is if the people who are not testing (but would have if possible/convenient) have the same positivity rate as those who are testing.
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #1986 on: October 01, 2020, 01:31:55 PM »
Didn’t you just say that because there are fewer tests and longer waits asymptomatic people and people who care less are not testing?
There are a higher total number testing (because more are exposed/symptomatic). But there are less per capita testing than would in similar circumstances elsewhere. Wasn’t that your argument?

You need to read better.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #1987 on: October 01, 2020, 01:32:37 PM »
The question then is if the people who are not testing (but want) have the same positivity rate as those who are testing.
Right, so a good way to figure it out is to balance total number and positivity. Considering Lakewood has 40% of all of NJs cases and a positive rate that is 900% higher than the rest of NJ, how would we aggregate the information?

Either way, positivity is certainly a valuable tool in the arsenal.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #1988 on: October 01, 2020, 01:33:31 PM »
You need to read better.
You haven’t laid out a coherent argument explaining why total cases is a better gauge than positivity. I think both are good indicators, and both are alarming.

What didn’t I read properly?

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: October 01, 2020, 04:01:59 PM »
It's a disgrace that Murphy is looking at a completely fake metric called "positive rate" if you test everyone is one thing but to only test sick people - what does this show? That we are smart and are only testing people that actually have covid! My BIL went to chemed to get tested and they put up a big fight as he had no symptoms (going away..) so other places are testing everyone and they have a lower positive rate - Amazing! This number is a lie and is meant to create a false narrative. Let's look at cases and that's it! Cases are up - I agree but don't look at fake metrics to get the entire NJ after Lakewood.

Just a reminder we're like 70 posts into arguing about this complete nonsense. Save your breath if they still believe the metric is 1000000% fake news and just another plot against the Jews.
Visibly Jewish

Offline Lamppost

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: October 01, 2020, 04:23:09 PM »
I tested positive for antibodies back in May and I am going later today to re-test. Will post results when I get them

So in case anybody cares I got back the results. BH Im still positive for antibodies at 49. But the first test almost 5 months ago was 88.7. So its going. I was told that anything above 30 is effective. Can anyone confirm or deny?
Never donated plasma if youre wondering...

Offline Baruch

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: October 01, 2020, 04:51:01 PM »
So in case anybody cares I got back the results. BH Im still positive for antibodies at 49. But the first test almost 5 months ago was 88.7. So its going. I was told that anything above 30 is effective. Can anyone confirm or deny?
Never donated plasma if youre wondering...
Many doctors say, that if you were sick in the first wave, as of now, your risk of reinfection is extremely low.

Offline Lamppost

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: October 01, 2020, 05:25:00 PM »
I havent heard one way or other other. I hope you are correct. But this scared me:

We know they’re seeing more than is being reported. The question is only how many.

I now know 2 people who had legitimate symptoms in March (smell/taste/cough/fever), tested positive for antibodies, and now have it again. One donated plasma previously. One is my brother’s chavrusa, one is a guy from the Arlington neighborhood.

Both say the illness is worse this time, as last time they weren’t sick in bed like they are this time.

Offline Lamppost

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: October 01, 2020, 05:26:26 PM »
My wife has it currently but the nasal swab I took 2 days ago was negative and I feel fine. I guess that is thanks to the antibodies still being there,. Though maybe not bc she didnt get it when I had it even though nobody had had it previously 5 months ago...?
Who knows

Offline bmgkollelguy

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: October 01, 2020, 05:27:43 PM »
antibodies over 13 are good according to immediate care in lakewood-the email i got from them

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1995 on: October 01, 2020, 05:27:57 PM »
I havent heard one way or other other. I hope you are correct. But this scared me:
The chances of being reinfected are still extremely low, the fact that there are a few reinfections doesn't change that. Knowing that you still have antibodies means the chances of reinfection are basically zero.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: October 01, 2020, 05:29:06 PM »
antibodies over 13 are good according to immediate care in lakewood-the email i got from them
Every test has it's own grading system, the numbers you see from one test have no bearing on the numbers on another test. For the Mt Sinai test anything under 80 is negative.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline Lamppost

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: October 01, 2020, 05:29:45 PM »
Every test has it's own grading system, the numbers you see from one test have no bearing on the numbers on another test. For the Mt Sinai test anything under 80 is negative.

Okay anyone know Chemed/ My care?

Offline biobook

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: October 01, 2020, 06:00:30 PM »
I still wonder if getting exposed while having antibodies strengthens the antibodies? (The benefit of not wearing a mask)
Sadly, there are too many "Lakewood covid cases", so I'm posting this on the other thread where you asked it,  Covid-19 Reinfection .

A new laptop campaign may break the GoFundMe records
ALOL!  I think I can get it fixed, but I am cheered by the kind thoughts of DDFers! 

Meanwhile, I am discovering the pleasures of ... what's the word I'm looking for ...oh, shoot... where's my hidden earpiece?... Oh, yeah, I got it!  BOOKS!

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: October 01, 2020, 06:20:30 PM »
The chances of being reinfected are still extremely low, the fact that there are a few reinfections doesn't change that. Knowing that you still have antibodies means the chances of reinfection are basically zero.

Anecdotally and from reports here on DDF, I'd say it's not extremely unlikely to get reinfected. If just looking at people with no antibodies, at this point I think the odds are low/moderate that they can get it again. If they start showing symptoms after 6 months I believe it's most likely reinfection. Wouldn't have said that a few weeks ago.
Visibly Jewish