Author Topic: Lakewood covid cases  (Read 532626 times)

Offline drosenberg88429

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Lakewood covid cases
« Reply #2020 on: October 02, 2020, 08:15:44 AM »
I find it interesting that you consider yourself incapable of even offering an opinion as to when someone is considered a rodef, but are very quick to definitively decide how reinfections work. Especially considering you likely know a lot more about hilchos rodef than about infectious diseases

Has there been a single reinfection of someone who currently had IgG antibodies at time of infection?

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: October 02, 2020, 08:21:24 AM »
Has there been a single reinfection of someone who currently had IgG antibodies at time of infection?
Look up
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline chevron

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: October 02, 2020, 10:09:51 AM »

My issue is, most of the stuff is based on what we know and a lot of what we don't know and so much of what we know is that we don't know.

It's like me, I know I don't know tur, shach, taz, bach, aruch hashulchan etc so I know I can't give a halachik analysis.

Do we know if people can be reinfected ? Not really, it's true that very few did.

Did that take into account decreased antibodies? Dunno
What about the fact that the people who were not reinfected during the time there was no new cases? Maybe it's because they simply weren't exposed to the virus.

My issue is, people just making things up.. is there a possibility that somebody can get reinfected and because nobody's taking any precautions because they had it already.  They could then spread it ?

Offline Yard sale

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: October 02, 2020, 10:19:29 AM »

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #2024 on: October 02, 2020, 10:27:30 AM »
https://www.thelakewoodscoop.com/news/2020/10/exclusive-video-dr-rich-roberts-shares-details-of-his-meeting-with-president-trump.html

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/10/trump-held-nj-fundraiser-hours-before-testing-positive-for-covid-19.html

Trump was apparently symptomatic (lethargic)  at Bedminster yesterday when he met him. I guess it’s time for him to quarantine.

He has been quarantined since before Purim. He kept an entire glass section in his shul for yomim noraim and made sure it was hermetically sealed from what I've heard.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline ari3

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2025 on: October 02, 2020, 10:38:07 AM »
He has been quarantined since before Purim. He kept an entire glass section in his shul for yomim noraim and made sure it was hermetically sealed from what I've heard.
I guess it's a question of priorities. Meeting Trump warrants breaking quarantine. להבדיל אלף הבדלות R' Yeruchem Shlit"a is also under strict quarantine but he has come out to give Shiurim and Shmuezen

Offline yzj

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: October 02, 2020, 11:26:13 AM »
Wow. Maybe there’s a message here to live life normally with reasonable precautions. I know many people who holed up in their apartments with toddlers for months and months with no socializing for them or their kids, only to finally throw in the towel and emerge just when the virus is on the upswing, emotionally exhausted, toddlers suffering socially, with so little to show for it.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: October 02, 2020, 11:29:04 AM »
Hermitically sealed include the top? Usually those bubbles/capsules are in denial about aerosolized transmission
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: October 02, 2020, 11:48:24 AM »
Hermitically sealed include the top? Usually those bubbles/capsules are in denial about aerosolized transmission
Dunno. He used tape and all sorts of stuff. He is knowledgeable enough to have figured it out.

Offline Kobe Bryant

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: October 02, 2020, 11:52:05 AM »
Wow. Maybe there’s a message here to live life normally with reasonable precautions. I know many people who holed up in their apartments with toddlers for months and months with no socializing for them or their kids, only to finally throw in the towel and emerge just when the virus is on the upswing, emotionally exhausted, toddlers suffering socially, with so little to show for it.
I know many such families, most of them have caught in the last 4 weeks.

Offline hllulbh1

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: October 02, 2020, 01:08:52 PM »
No one listens anyways...  They have hydroxy and They all know that covid19 is a made up leftist scam.

It's all made up says the chareidi world!!

I don't believe anyone on this thread subscribes to any of those things. Certainly not @avromie7

Those tragedies are terrible, but they are not all the result of dismissing the seriousness of the threat.

There are those who got it even though they were "very careful" (who hasn't heard of such people?),

There are those who got it because they gave up after seeing seemingly the same results from those who were apparently careful as those who were not http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/288163

There are those who are truly ignorant of the seriousness, be it due to lack of exposure to media, etc. or being fed too much incorrect information
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 02:21:30 PM by hllulbh1 »

Offline Euclid

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: October 04, 2020, 08:55:25 PM »
From the publisher of the biggest (arguably) Lakewood publication. Posting for when the next MMR outbreak occurs in town.

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #2032 on: October 04, 2020, 11:40:02 PM »
Westgate required anyone without confirmed antibodies to wear a mask in Shul on Yom Tov. I believe Kollel Bnei Torah as well.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline Kobe Bryant

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: October 04, 2020, 11:43:27 PM »
Former New Jersey Governor Chris Christie has tested positive for Covid-19 days after helping President Trump prepare for the first presidential debate, Additionally the former governor has checked himself into a hospital.

Offline Euclid

• View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: October 04, 2020, 11:47:58 PM »
Westgate required anyone without confirmed antibodies to wear a mask in Shul on Yom Tov. I believe Kollel Bnei Torah as well.
How do any of these shuls enforce this?

Most people who weren't wearing masks of their own volition until now won't begin now because of this.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: October 04, 2020, 11:51:01 PM »
How do any of these shuls enforce this?

Most people who weren't wearing masks of their own volition until now won't begin now because of this.
I wasn't there due to exposure (i was out the window elsewhere) but my son in law with antibodies said that more than half were wearing masks. There is a presumption that most people will follow a clear directive from the Rov in his shul.

Offline Euclid

• View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: October 04, 2020, 11:51:56 PM »
I wasn't there due to exposure (i was out the window elsewhere) but my son in law with antibodies said that more than half were wearing masks. There is a presumption that most people will follow a clear directive from the Rov in his shul.
Faith in humanity restored.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: October 04, 2020, 11:54:07 PM »
Faith in humanity restored.
I think those who panic upon mention of masks are a minority.

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: October 05, 2020, 12:14:14 AM »

Wish my shul had masks. I ended up sitting outside by the back door of shul, was a bit awkward because apparently the space was meant for COVID+
Visibly Jewish

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2039 on: October 05, 2020, 12:16:05 AM »
Wish my shul had masks. I ended up sitting outside by the back door of shul, was a bit awkward because apparently the space was meant for COVID+
Can't find another shul?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.