Author Topic: Lakewood covid cases  (Read 535220 times)

Online yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
Re: Lakewood covid cases
« Reply #2040 on: October 05, 2020, 12:16:53 AM »
Can't find another shul?

Same thing everywhere. I'm happy to sit outside.
Visibly Jewish

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #2041 on: October 05, 2020, 12:18:33 AM »
Wish my shul had masks. I ended up sitting outside by the back door of shul, was a bit awkward because apparently the space was meant for COVID+
Rav Zimbal has been from the more careful ones the entire time.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2042 on: October 05, 2020, 12:22:27 AM »
Same thing everywhere. I'm happy to sit outside.
Wild.
Seems like another universe from CLE.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: October 05, 2020, 12:22:54 AM »
Wild.
Seems like another universe from CLE.
Finally figured that one out?

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Lakewood covid cases
« Reply #2044 on: October 05, 2020, 12:35:56 AM »
My neighborhood had an outdoor minyan. No tent; full on outdoor.

All COVID+ or exposed (which should be the whole community, but that's a different topic) people.

Offline Mordyk

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
« Reply #2045 on: October 05, 2020, 01:25:11 AM »
Aren't we hiding from the inevitable?   Too many people that were locked up for 7 months and somehow just got it...  seems like only solution is to get it and get over it.

I didn't have anything or any symptoms, I'm careful not to be too close to people. But subconsciously I know I need to get it and get over it
#TYH

Offline Euclid

• View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: October 05, 2020, 01:29:56 AM »
Aren't we hiding from the inevitable?   Too many people that were locked up for 7 months and somehow just got it...  seems like only solution is to get it and get over it.

I didn't have anything or any symptoms, I'm careful not to be too close to people. But subconsciously I know I need to get it and get over it
until you get it again

Offline yitzgar

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: October 05, 2020, 01:30:57 AM »

I didn't have anything or any symptoms, I'm careful not to be too close to people. But subconsciously I know I need to get it and *hopefully*  get over it

Online TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: October 05, 2020, 01:31:17 AM »
and get over it.
For some that’s easier said than done.

Offline Yehudaa

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 111
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: October 05, 2020, 07:55:45 AM »
There's a thread (with 450 replies) for that.

https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=115800.0

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #2050 on: October 05, 2020, 07:59:54 AM »

There are no somehows. The people that were careful and got it anyway know how they got it. Rabbi Blumberg was very careful for a long time but decided to attend his grandchild’s (packed) wedding 2 weeks ago. There were months of quiet in Lakewood, then a strong uptick, and people were extremely careless and stupid which caused this explosion. This is common sense.

The fact that he needed to be at a packed indoor wedding with no masks or distancing with people who were knowingly exposed attending just to attend his own grandchild’s wedding is the reason it seems “inevitable”. Just. Use. Common. Sense.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #2051 on: October 05, 2020, 08:03:49 AM »

I assume you realize that in the communities that were more careful there wasn’t and still isn’t a real threat of getting it right now while living your life with basic precautions?
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline NTorch

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 68
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: October 05, 2020, 09:15:59 AM »

We all had it two weeks after Purim and BH none of us were severe as my son had sinus and loss taste and smell, my Aishes Chayil and daughters just had loss of taste and smell and I was the only one with fever and congestion and fatigue.

Immediately afterwards I found myself thinking that maybe this was a beracha as now we could leave the house and shop without concern when we heard someone cough or sneeze. I then got involved in the antibody effort, both getting tested and then working with covidplasma and Bikur Cholim of Lakewood to organize an antibody drive in WH in May.

But as time wore on I realized that although BH we were not hospitalized, the complications dont go away so quickly. One of my kids had neurological symptoms afterwards which continued for months and had constant unexplained pains. She went for MRIs, EKGs and other tests and while BH they have mostly abated 3 months ago, they still flare up.

One month post recovery I had bizarre smells where I constantly thought that I smelled cigarettes. That took a month to go away too. And it took me more than two months to rebuild lung capacity to be able to do real exercise.

And my AC, now six months post recovery still has issues with peppers, pineapple, splenda and other foods which taste horrible to her. It may sound like just a nuisance, but when you regularly cook large meals for families who had babies, or shiva homes or backyard kiddushes (although we have not had any since COVID) its a real quality of life issue. BH she does not complain about it but why would anyone want to voluntarily lose the ability to enjoy certain foods?

So while the attitude may be lets just get it over with you should consider what only a "mild case" did to my family.

Offline Lamppost

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: October 05, 2020, 09:21:40 AM »
There are no somehows. The people that were careful and got it anyway know how they got it. Rabbi Blumberg was very careful for a long time but decided to attend his grandchild’s (packed) wedding 2 weeks ago. There were months of quiet in Lakewood, then a strong uptick, and people were extremely careless and stupid which caused this explosion. This is common sense.

The fact that he needed to be at a packed indoor wedding with no masks or distancing with people who were knowingly exposed attending just to attend his own grandchild’s wedding is the reason it seems “inevitable”. Just. Use. Common. Sense.

I agree with you. But how does this explain the explosion now of ppl who were most def exposed Pesach time? Example my wife is got it now and not Pesach when I had it

Offline Euclid

• View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: October 05, 2020, 09:57:48 AM »
I agree with you. But how does this explain the explosion now of ppl who were most def exposed Pesach time? Example my wife is got it now and not Pesach when I had it
Exposure != infected. There seems to be a short window when a person is actually contagious. Were you together with your wife 24/7 Pesach time?

Offline drosenberg88429

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2055 on: October 05, 2020, 10:01:30 AM »

They had temporary immunity pesach time due to antibodies from a different infection during the winter. This temporary immunity wore off.

It's as plausible explanation as any. One thing is for sure... The data seems to be undeniable. There are almost no reinfections, and in places with outbreaks, nearly everyone who didn't catch it last time is catching it this time.

Offline 4yourinfo

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: October 05, 2020, 10:14:07 AM »
I'm convinced March time there were just a handful of super spreaders - since there were no antibodies around whoever they touched got infected and within days it was realized hence a lockdown and slow down.... This time around the virus had to go rummaging around to find people to infect alot of antibodies around - hence there are people infected from all different corners of Lakewood so this time around there are hundreds of spreaders vs the first time around

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: October 05, 2020, 10:40:39 AM »
I'm convinced March time there were just a handful of super spreaders - since there were no antibodies around whoever they touched got infected and within days it was realized hence a lockdown and slow down.... This time around the virus had to go rummaging around to find people to infect alot of antibodies around - hence there are people infected from all different corners of Lakewood so this time around there are hundreds of spreaders vs the first time around
There were only a handful spreading then?!?!?

Offline yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: October 05, 2020, 10:47:03 AM »
There were only a handful spreading then?!?!?
It's like some people were born yesterday around here.  ;)

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: October 05, 2020, 10:49:03 AM »
It's like some people were born yesterday around here.  ;)
The delusions people cook up are astounding