Author Topic: Lakewood covid cases  (Read 535676 times)

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
Re: Lakewood covid cases
« Reply #2060 on: October 05, 2020, 10:50:41 AM »
They had temporary immunity pesach time due to antibodies from a different infection during the winter. This temporary immunity wore off.
I thought of and posted this theory months ago but have yet to find someone else mentioning it. Doesn’t it sound reasonable? Where did you see this?
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #2061 on: October 05, 2020, 10:53:35 AM »
I agree with you. But how does this explain the explosion now of ppl who were most def exposed Pesach time? Example my wife is got it now and not Pesach when I had it
Precisely because of this reason people who were “exposed” should not be getting together with other people who were. Not every exposure is created equal. There are several explanations that are possible for each scenario, including that some people are more contagious than others, some are better at fighting the infection, some/most are only contagious for a short period of time, some didn’t actually get fully exposed despite thinking they did (being in the same house won’t necessarily get one infected, though it can)

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: October 05, 2020, 10:56:39 AM »
They had temporary immunity pesach time due to antibodies from a different infection during the winter. This temporary immunity wore off.

It's as plausible explanation as any. One thing is for sure... The data seems to be undeniable. There are almost no reinfections, and in places with outbreaks, nearly everyone who didn't catch it last time is catching it this time.

There must be a lot of reinfections. Have 3 relatives already reinfected and hearing about a lot more.
Visibly Jewish

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #2063 on: October 05, 2020, 10:58:02 AM »
There must be a lot of reinfections. Have 3 relatives already reinfected and hearing about a lot more.
Another friend of mine who had antibodies and a previous positive PCR test (a rarity) has symptoms again, he’s going to get tested today. He was originally infected very early on.

Offline 4yourinfo

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: October 05, 2020, 12:23:06 PM »
It's like some people were born yesterday around here.  ;)
Why am I so off? Back in March it was very easy for one person to spread it - as no one had antibodies. Today it takes 10 people to do the same damage as many people have antibodies.. obviously I don't mean a handful of people had it back in March But I believe a lot less people were needed to do the spreading.

Offline yzj

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #2066 on: October 05, 2020, 11:47:27 PM »
Hearing from a *very* reliable source in the Lakewood medical community that COVID hospitalizations and deaths are deliberately being kept under wraps but there are quite a few that are not public knowledge

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #2067 on: October 05, 2020, 11:48:38 PM »
Hearing from a *very* reliable source in the Lakewood medical community that COVID hospitalizations and deaths are deliberately being kept under wraps but there are quite a few that are not public knowledge
Not deliberate by whom?

There was a hospitalization on my block first day Yom Tov. His kids say he is doing better but he is still not home.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: October 05, 2020, 11:49:58 PM »

I doubt deaths can be kept under wrap. Whitewashed perhaps but everyone knows it’s COVID.
Visibly Jewish

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #2069 on: October 05, 2020, 11:50:41 PM »
Not deliberate by whom?

There was a hospitalization on my block first day Yom Tov. His kids say he is doing better but he is still not home.
I meant deliberately, see my edited post. The establishment is trying to keep the information hidden to the best of their ability.

This source is about as high as you can get in both the Lakewood establishment and medical community.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #2070 on: October 05, 2020, 11:52:36 PM »
I meant deliberately, see my edited post. The establishment is trying to keep the information hidden to the best of their ability.

This source is about as high as you can get in both the Lakewood establishment and medical community.
Hidden from whom? The government knows them.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #2071 on: October 05, 2020, 11:53:19 PM »
I doubt deaths can be kept under wrap. Whitewashed perhaps but everyone knows it’s COVID.
Apparently there have been at least a couple of deaths recently without much fanfare, they were not publicized as COVID. You will see them quietly listed in the OCHD numbers over the next couple of weeks.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #2072 on: October 05, 2020, 11:53:46 PM »
Hidden from whom? The government knows them.
I’m not entirely sure. The public eye. Perhaps the government has an interest in that as well.

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: October 05, 2020, 11:54:38 PM »

The only people they are hiding this info from is the Lakewood community. The government has all the data on COVID cases, hospitalizations, deaths broken down by age, race, demographic, etc. What are they trying to gain? A frummer Yid might go off the derech and wear a mask?
Visibly Jewish

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: October 05, 2020, 11:54:59 PM »
I’m not entirely sure. The public eye. Perhaps the government has an interest in that as well.
I have the same question on them as i had on Murphy. What is the end game? What is the long term plan?

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: October 05, 2020, 11:55:48 PM »
The only people they are hiding this info from is the Lakewood community. The government has all the data on COVID cases, hospitalizations, deaths broken down by age, race, demographic, etc. What are they trying to gain? A frummer Yid might go off the derech and wear a mask?
A.k.a.hiding it from me and you.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #2076 on: October 05, 2020, 11:56:40 PM »
I have the same question on them as i had on Murphy. What is the end game? What is the long term plan?
Believe me, I have no idea. But yes, they seem to be hiding it from the Lakewood (and broader?) communities.

Offline chilugutbaum

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: October 06, 2020, 12:05:18 AM »

The most reliable source is Hatzolah. Check numbers now vs. back in March. Not to compare. All the other numbers are BS.

Offline yochiek93

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: October 06, 2020, 12:05:53 AM »
doing better is vague you first have to know how bad it affected him and how he is feeling now before assuming it's a lie

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: October 06, 2020, 12:07:18 AM »
The most reliable source is Hatzolah. Check numbers now vs. back in March. Not to compare. All the other numbers are BS.
The amount of calls are actually quite comparable.