Author Topic: Lakewood covid cases  (Read 523040 times)

Offline flyingace

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Lakewood covid cases
« Reply #2320 on: October 16, 2020, 12:31:04 PM »
Are we to assume the massive testing of non symptomatic people did not lower the positivity rate?

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #2321 on: October 16, 2020, 12:38:15 PM »
Are we to assume the massive testing of non symptomatic people did not lower the positivity rate?
Where did you see that? I haven’t heard anything.

I just heard of several very prominent people from Lakewood in bad shape in the hospital, and CMIIW but I believe the sirens yesterday were back to Erev Sukkos levels again.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline flyingace

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: October 16, 2020, 12:39:16 PM »

I just heard of several very prominent people from Lakewood in bad shape in the hospital, and CMIIW but I believe the sirens yesterday were back to Erev Sukkos levels again.
Precisely. Don't you think it would be publicized had the rate gone down?

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #2323 on: October 16, 2020, 12:53:20 PM »
Precisely. Don't you think it would be publicized had the rate gone down?
Not sure. Perhaps no news is good news?

Offline Yard sale

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: October 16, 2020, 12:56:02 PM »

As of a couple of days ago it sounded like several of the already hospitalized were doing poorly but overall hospitalizations were not going up like they were before y”t. Have things changed?

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #2325 on: October 16, 2020, 01:00:06 PM »
As of a couple of days ago it sounded like several of the already hospitalized were doing poorly but overall hospitalizations were not going up like they were before y”t. Have things changed?
I heard that as of ST as well. I’m waiting for someone to confirm (or hopefully disconfirm) my anecdotal observations and the rumors I’ve heard.

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #2326 on: October 16, 2020, 01:00:45 PM »
Perhaps no news is good news?

Has that been your experience over the last 6 weeks?
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #2327 on: October 16, 2020, 01:01:31 PM »
Has that been your experience over the last 6 weeks?
In life it’s been my experience many times.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #2328 on: October 16, 2020, 01:02:27 PM »
In life it’s been my experience many times.

Lol. Not my question, but good on you for staying positive.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline Baruch

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: October 16, 2020, 01:26:41 PM »
From Hefkervelt
-Vaad Hapoel for Hatzolas hayeshivos and mosdos Hatorah in Lakewood: Since the awareness campaign not to do mass testing the numbers have  been reduced in the community.

-There is no state mandate to have students randomly tested in school.

Offline 4yourinfo

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: October 16, 2020, 01:35:01 PM »

Hospitals in NJ continue to kill their patients. There is no basic care. I spoke to someone who's father was just in jersey shore. Complete neglect... Stay away! Patients have heart attacks from choking on saliva as there is no one there to suction etc. Can't get a basic drink from the staff. I believe other states didn't have all these deaths because they actually have hospitals that care for their patients. Not because they learned how to treat it. How ironic as soon as other states got hit with the virus they didn't have all these deaths? basic care is what these hospitals lack

Offline bhoaem

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: October 16, 2020, 01:40:39 PM »
Hospitals in NJ continue to kill their patients. There is no basic care. I spoke to someone who's father was just in jersey shore. Complete neglect... Stay away! Patients have heart attacks from choking on saliva as there is no one there to suction etc. Can't get a basic drink from the staff. I believe other states didn't have all these deaths because they actually have hospitals that care for their patients. Not because they learned how to treat it. How ironic as soon as other states got hit with the virus they didn't have all these deaths? basic care is what these hospitals lack
You don't "have heart attacks" from choking.
My Father-in-law was in Jersey Shore over first days YT. He left alive after being cared for. Worst thing that happened to him that he complained  about was getting  plasma at 3am.

Offline YitzyS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: October 16, 2020, 01:41:04 PM »
Fake news. I don't want to post details publicly, but feel free to PM me and I'll send details.

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #2333 on: October 16, 2020, 01:45:51 PM »

I can't speak to this specific case, but I have a neighbor who spent most of YT in Jersey Shore and from the way he described it nothing can be further from the truth. This is also what I heard from someone who has personally been in the hospital many (hundreds?) times over the last few weeks for Bikur Cholim.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #2334 on: October 16, 2020, 01:47:26 PM »
Fake news. I don't want to post details publicly, but feel free to PM me and I'll send details.
But the "VAAD linyonei hock v'anxiety of Hefkervelt" says.......
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Euclid

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: October 16, 2020, 01:58:40 PM »
Spoke to someone in a position to know and he told me that first day of chol hamoed it was at 27% and by the time second days came it was around 10%.

Offline 4yourinfo

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: October 16, 2020, 02:00:47 PM »
I can't speak to this specific case, but I have a neighbor who spent most of YT in Jersey Shore and from the way he described it nothing can be further from the truth. This is also what I heard from someone who has personally been in the hospital many (hundreds?) times over the last few weeks for Bikur Cholim.
I am speaking basically of one particular case where the patient was there for alike 24 hrs. Never got into an official room... So maybe once your settled in the official room things change. The patient asked for water multiple times 8hrs later no nurses and still never got water.  Ended up asking the doctor to discharge him..@bhoaem Choking can cause a heart attack do a quick Google search..

Offline dasmo801

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: October 16, 2020, 02:02:13 PM »
From Hefkervelt
-Vaad Hapoel for Hatzolas hayeshivos and mosdos Hatorah in Lakewood: Since the awareness campaign not to do mass testing the numbers have  been reduced in the community.

BREAKING: Previously unknown and unidentified group makes unsubstantiated claim of success.

Offline bhoaem

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: October 16, 2020, 02:06:31 PM »
I am speaking basically of one particular case where the patient was there for alike 24 hrs. Never got into an official room... So maybe once your settled in the official room things change. The patient asked for water multiple times 8hrs later no nurses and still never got water.  Ended up asking the doctor to discharge him..@bhoaem Choking can cause a heart attack do a quick Google search..
Choking can lead to cardiac arrest. Not heart attack. A heart attack can be caused by buildup in an artery.

They're very different.

Offline Yard sale

• View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: October 16, 2020, 02:08:51 PM »
From Hefkervelt

Unfortunate that those two are trying to discredit and undermine the efforts of the askanim who are in contact with the governor when these individuals are out of the loop and making up their own reality. Dangerous games and an avla.