Author Topic: Lakewood covid cases  (Read 531317 times)

Offline flyingace

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Lakewood covid cases
« Reply #2520 on: October 26, 2020, 10:20:11 AM »
Are there any reliable antibody tests that come back within a few hours? Can I get them in the Lakewood area?

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Eb228

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: October 28, 2020, 07:44:38 PM »
https://www.thelakewoodscoop.com/news/2020/10/governor-murphy-says-newark-to-use-lakewood-playbook-in-fighting-covid-19.html

Is Murphy a closet Trumpster?
I think Murphy deserves our gratitude for not going the Cuomo route.

Where can we let him know we noticed and appriciate?

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #2523 on: October 28, 2020, 08:04:08 PM »

The ballot.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline Tomorrow

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: October 28, 2020, 08:44:34 PM »

https://nj.gov/governor/contact/all/
Sorry if I ask so many questions, but life is short and there is so much to learn! Let's help each other be great!

Offline nucheiner

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile

Offline Eb228

• View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: October 28, 2020, 10:46:48 PM »
The ballot.
Although he deserves appriciation for this, I dont think itll make me vote for him

Offline Eb228

• View Profile

Offline Eb228

• View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: October 28, 2020, 10:53:37 PM »
In the footsteps of R Avigdor Miller

Why shouldn't each one of us write letters?  I wrote my letters.  I wrote two letters just before yesterday, four letters the week before last.  We should write letters.  First of all, drop a line to President Nixon.  You don't have to be a literary genius.  Say, “We are for you,” and sign your name.  “We are with you,” and sign your name. “We back you.”  That's all.  He should get tons of letters from Jews.  And so what happens instead?  Instead we have Jews like Bertram Podell, a big ‘chacham.’  He wants to impeach President Nixon.  Or Elizabeth Holtzman, a big kup-mentsch.  The biggest tragedy is that these Jews were elected to public office.

I wrote a letter to Podell so he answered me.  He said, “A friend of Israel?” He said there are other friends of Israel besides Nixon. He said, “If we will have Ford, Ford is also a friend of Israel.”  You hear that answer?! That's how to be good with a friend?! You say you can get somebody else who is also a friend?! That’s a Jew?! Write them letters! And you should write letters also to Elizabeth Holtzman and to Bella Abzug urging them to drop dead. 

Now, if you've got a pencil, take down the following address and send in some money.  I'm telling you it's a kosher donation.  Fairness to the Presidency.  Again, I’ll say it slowly: Fairness to the Presidency c/o United National Bank, Norton, Massachusetts 02766.  I sent in mine already.  That's why my name was in the New York Times yesterday in the list of sponsors.  Again, Fairness to the Presidency c/o United National Bank, Norton, Massachusetts 02766.

Plus don’t forget to send the letters.  And put a whack into the letters.  Also you can write to the Chairman of the House Judiciary Committee. We need letters.  Somebody has to be sane.

https://us17.campaign-archive.com/?e=1cb39d6133&u=9c3f2f103d7121f7ccd2081ae&id=ea2b571663

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #2529 on: October 28, 2020, 10:59:44 PM »
Although he deserves appriciation for this, I dont think itll make me vote for him

I don't know NJ politics, and I'm not planning on getting involved. All I will say is that a governor who will work with the community to this degree on an issue as hot as this one does not come around every day. Democrat or Republican. There is a value here that should not be dismissed when making your cheshbon of pros and cons.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: October 28, 2020, 11:14:12 PM »
I don't know NJ politics, and I'm not planning on getting involved. All I will say is that a governor who will work with the community to this degree on an issue as hot as this one does not come around every day. Democrat or Republican. There is a value here that should not be dismissed when making your cheshbon of pros and cons.

It will take a lot more than that to tip the scales in his favor- he banned plastic bags and straws.
Visibly Jewish

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: October 28, 2020, 11:16:55 PM »
In all seriousness, for all the flack he got for "copying Cuomo" and calling people "knuckleheads", he never once seemed arrogant and holier than thou. He seemed to be acting out of genuine concern and responsibility for his constituents.

(This is what seemed from his public persona/actions, no idea what he truly feels/thinks.)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 01:01:52 AM by Euclid »

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: October 29, 2020, 12:42:30 AM »

Done - here’s my letter -

Dear Governor Murphy,

As a Lakewood resident that has just went through a difficult period along with my community, I would like to express my gratitude and appreciation for the way you and your health department have handled the recent Lakewood COVID-19 outbreak.

There were lots of options on the table, and the easy way out was to simply lock down everything until the outbreak was over. Yet you knew of the human and financial toll such a move would make. You chose to work with our local community leaders to devise a strategic and effective solution; and it in fact worked perfectly to drastically reduce the spread of COVID in our town.

In a nearby state, public officials have decided to scapegoat my fellow orthodox Jews for a health issue that doesn’t discriminate based on race, color, or religion. I’m a COVID safety fanatic - I purchased my masks and sanitizer back in mid-February, but if I visit my family in Brooklyn I would feel unsafe due to the spiking anti-semitism incited by the disgusting accusations coming from the NY Governor.

However you, Governor Murphy, have handled this dilemma in a fashion that is 1000x more sensitive, not taking the lazy and easy way out. And for that, I and those in my circles have been singing your praises.

Thank you Mr Governor, I’m glad you are here  to govern New Jersey with compassion and intellect through the rest of your term.

Thanks,
yuneeq
Visibly Jewish

Offline David61

• View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: October 29, 2020, 12:54:00 AM »

Offline EliJelly

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: October 29, 2020, 01:07:58 AM »
Done - here’s my letter -

Dear Governor Murphy,

As a Lakewood resident that has just went through a difficult period along with my community, I would like to express my gratitude and appreciation for the way you and your health department have handled the recent Lakewood COVID-19 outbreak.

There were lots of options on the table, and the easy way out was to simply lock down everything until the outbreak was over. Yet you knew of the human and financial toll such a move would make. You chose to work with our local community leaders to devise a strategic and effective solution; and it in fact worked perfectly to drastically reduce the spread of COVID in our town.

In a nearby state, public officials have decided to scapegoat my fellow orthodox Jews for a health issue that doesn’t discriminate based on race, color, or religion. I’m a COVID safety fanatic - I purchased my masks and sanitizer back in mid-February, but if I visit my family in Brooklyn I would feel unsafe due to the spiking anti-semitism incited by the disgusting accusations coming from the NY Governor.

However you, Governor Murphy, have handled this dilemma in a fashion that is 1000x more sensitive, not taking the lazy and easy way out. And for that, I and those in my circles have been singing your praises.

Thank you Mr Governor, I’m glad you are here  to govern New Jersey with compassion and intellect through the rest of your term.

Thanks,
yuneeq
CC Gov. Cuomo please

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline iwlw2

• View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: October 29, 2020, 10:34:41 AM »
Done
Sent. For those skeptical about whether it even gets noticed, I can tell you that from personal experience these kinds of emails get more attention than you might think.

Offline YitzyS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: October 29, 2020, 10:38:49 AM »
In the footsteps of R Avigdor Miller

Why shouldn't each one of us write letters?  I wrote my letters.  I wrote two letters just before yesterday, four letters the week before last.  We should write letters.  First of all, drop a line to President Nixon.  You don't have to be a literary genius.  Say, “We are for you,” and sign your name.  “We are with you,” and sign your name. “We back you.”  That's all.  He should get tons of letters from Jews.  And so what happens instead?  Instead we have Jews like Bertram Podell, a big ‘chacham.’  He wants to impeach President Nixon.  Or Elizabeth Holtzman, a big kup-mentsch.  The biggest tragedy is that these Jews were elected to public office.

I wrote a letter to Podell so he answered me.  He said, “A friend of Israel?” He said there are other friends of Israel besides Nixon. He said, “If we will have Ford, Ford is also a friend of Israel.”  You hear that answer?! That's how to be good with a friend?! You say you can get somebody else who is also a friend?! That’s a Jew?! Write them letters! And you should write letters also to Elizabeth Holtzman and to Bella Abzug urging them to drop dead. 

Now, if you've got a pencil, take down the following address and send in some money.  I'm telling you it's a kosher donation.  Fairness to the Presidency.  Again, I’ll say it slowly: Fairness to the Presidency c/o United National Bank, Norton, Massachusetts 02766.  I sent in mine already.  That's why my name was in the New York Times yesterday in the list of sponsors.  Again, Fairness to the Presidency c/o United National Bank, Norton, Massachusetts 02766.

Plus don’t forget to send the letters.  And put a whack into the letters.  Also you can write to the Chairman of the House Judiciary Committee. We need letters.  Somebody has to be sane.

https://us17.campaign-archive.com/?e=1cb39d6133&u=9c3f2f103d7121f7ccd2081ae&id=ea2b571663
Thank you @Eb228 for posting this. I heard this on a tape about 15 years ago, and the line I bolded above stuck out in my mind. I had no idea who those two people were, but the line - which he delivered with such precision and wit - garnered intense laughter from the audience and a special appreciation from me.

I've since repeated the line many time, but haven't remembered the names he said. I've also tried to find it, but was unsuccessful until today.

So, thank you!

Offline YitzyS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: October 29, 2020, 10:46:49 AM »
I just wanted to take a moment to express thanks to the Governor for the delicate yet responsible manner in which he dealt with the coronavirus.

As a resident of the Orthodox Jewish of Lakewood, I watched as my fellow Jews across the Hudson River were singled out unfairly by NYC Mayor de Blasio and NYS Governor Cuomo. In New Jersey, however, Governor Murphy took all the steps necessary to protect our community without resorting to needless and draconian acts to bias.

I did not vote for Governor Murphy in 2017, but I plan to cast my ballot for him in 2021.

Thank you, and may G-d bless you,

YitzyS

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: October 29, 2020, 10:49:40 AM »