Author Topic: Lakewood covid cases  (Read 534058 times)

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
Re: Lakewood covid cases
« Reply #3020 on: January 25, 2021, 01:38:38 AM »
But are any of them serious cases?
I'm not "in the know", but what I do know is that in a town of tens of thousands there are so few serious cases...
Define “so few”? There are dozens *currently* in the hospital in serious condition. 3 people died yesterday. That’s not enough for you to take something seriously?

Let alone the fact that we’ve been here and done this time and time again- it’s not about what you’ve seen until now, it’s about what next week will bring..

I don’t know what you call serious, but my brother in law was laid up for 2 weeks, too sick to turn over in bed. His experience isn’t uncommon, and he’s 30.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #3021 on: January 25, 2021, 01:42:14 AM »
Define “so few”? There are dozens *currently* in the hospital in serious condition. 3 people died yesterday. That’s not enough for you to take something seriously?

Let alone the fact that we’ve been here and done this time and time again- it’s not about what you’ve seen until now, it’s about what next week will bring..

I don’t know what you call serious, but my brother in law was laid up for 2 weeks, too sick to turn over in bed. His experience isn’t uncommon, and he’s 30.

Seriously is defined the same way as serious surgery. Any surgery you are getting is a serious one. If it's no one you know, it's not a serious procedure.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: January 25, 2021, 01:59:52 AM »
Let alone the fact that we’ve been here and done this time and time again- it’s not about what you’ve seen until now, it’s about what next week will bring.ץ
It is truly mind boggling.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Proisrael

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG,Hilton,Club Carlson
« Reply #3023 on: January 25, 2021, 02:48:18 AM »

The question is in areas that are stricter to they have less cases? Less severe cases? Look at how Israel is treating the disease vs Lakewood. Schools/Restaurants/Shuls/Entertainment/Simchas all closed vs Lakewood where everything is open. Is there a higher % of cases/serious cases/deaths in Lakewood?

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #3024 on: January 25, 2021, 03:00:35 AM »
The question is in areas that are stricter to they have less cases? Less severe cases? Look at how Israel is treating the disease vs Lakewood. Schools/Restaurants/Shuls/Entertainment/Simchas all closed vs Lakewood where everything is open. Is there a higher % of cases/serious cases/deaths in Lakewood?
Are you seriously continuing this here?

One more time: Yes. If you are more careful you are less likely to spread disease. This is obvious and undisputed.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline Proisrael

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG,Hilton,Club Carlson
« Reply #3025 on: January 25, 2021, 05:20:22 AM »

One more time: Yes. If you are more careful you are less likely to spread disease. This is obvious and undisputed.

I dont disagree but looking at the actual numbers of 2 locations where they are running 2 very different ways of dealing with it, it doesnt show that way.

Online flyingace

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: January 25, 2021, 08:24:12 AM »
 3 people died yesterday
Who is the third?

Online flyingace

• View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: January 25, 2021, 08:32:32 AM »

People in their 30's on vents, Hashem Yishmor!

Offline ae123

• View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: January 25, 2021, 08:35:01 AM »

Remember - this is a city of 100k.
Keep things in perspective.
As I said previously, I'm not in the know, so I reached out to a few medical people to confirm your statement that there are "dozens *currently* in the hospital in serious condition" (which I found shocking) and was told it's totally false.

Online flyingace

• View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: January 25, 2021, 08:39:35 AM »
Remember - this is a city of 100k.
Keep things in perspective.
As I said previously, I'm not in the know, so I reached out to a few medical people to confirm your statement that there are "dozens *currently* in the hospital in serious condition" (which I found shocking) and was told it's totally false.

Under 20 AFAIK. But people in their 30's are on vents.

Offline ae123

• View Profile
« Reply #3030 on: January 25, 2021, 08:39:54 AM »
I dont disagree but looking at the actual numbers of 2 locations where they are running 2 very different ways of dealing with it, it doesnt show that way.
Very good point.
You can look back at my post history and you can see that Pesach time I argued very strongly for keeping to the total lockdown rules, but much has changed since.
Most of Lakewood has immunity.
It's an indisputable fact.
There are Botei Medrash in this town that have hundreds of people learning together every single day for months, sharing the same bathrooms, sinks, open cakes in the coffee room, that have not had even one confirmed illness in months.
This should be studied to learn important medical data from and not flippantly dismissed - in the words of a respected doctor here in Lakewood.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 08:46:03 AM by ae123 »

Offline ae123

• View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: January 25, 2021, 08:45:14 AM »

But at what cost?
Most of the city has immunity.
Should an entire city of 100,000 people be shut down indefinitely - now that so many people have immunity?
Are you aware of the terrible price we have paid in school dropouts (boys & girls), divorces, substance abuse, domestic abuse, loss of education, etc.?
Big decisions like these need to be made by responsible & knowledgeable people, not hotheads who aren't aware of the full picture.
Like I said, I strongly supported the lockdown Pesach time and kept all the rules 100% - but it's a new situation now.
We can't fight today's battles with yesterday's weapons.

Offline ae123

• View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: January 25, 2021, 08:48:35 AM »
Under 20 AFAIK. But people in their 30's are on vents.
Under 20 is more than I was told but it's certainly not "dozens".
Let's cool the temperature and deal with the full picture.

Offline yitzgar

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: January 25, 2021, 09:12:58 AM »
But at what cost?
Most of the city has immunity.
Should an entire city of 100,000 people be shut down indefinitely - now that so many people have immunity?
Are you aware of the terrible price we have paid in school dropouts (boys & girls), divorces, substance abuse, domestic abuse, loss of education, etc.?
Big decisions like these need to be made by responsible & knowledgeable people, not hotheads who aren't aware of the full picture.
Like I said, I strongly supported the lockdown Pesach time and kept all the rules 100% - but it's a new situation now.
We can't fight today's battles with yesterday's weapons.
Back to the full lockdown vs zero precaution argument. We've come full circle.

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #3034 on: January 25, 2021, 09:14:14 AM »

that have not had even one confirmed illness in months.

This is simply not true

Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline iwlw2

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: January 25, 2021, 09:34:14 AM »
Under 20 is more than I was told but it's certainly not "dozens".
Let's cool the temperature and deal with the full picture.
FWIW I was told by a person who should know (i.e. a very active community askan) that there are currently 14 people from our community who are hospitalized with COVID (as of two days ago).

Online flyingace

• View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: January 25, 2021, 09:36:25 AM »
FWIW I was told by a person who should know (i.e. a very active community askan) that there are currently 14 people from our community who are hospitalized with COVID (as of two days ago).
There were several admissions yesterday.

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: January 25, 2021, 10:03:27 AM »
Back to the full lockdown vs zero precaution argument. We've come full circle.
Yay! I missed this debate. We can't possibly recognize that there's serious illness in our community without invoking it. "Hashem Yerachaim! Tone down weddings?! People became drug addicts from the lockdown! How can you be so callous?"

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: January 25, 2021, 11:36:40 AM »
There are Botei Medrash in this town that have hundreds of people learning together every single day for months, sharing the same bathrooms, sinks, open cakes in the coffee room, that have not had even one confirmed illness in months.

This is very fake news. I challenge you to name any bais medrosh, I guarantee someone here will confirm a recent case.
Visibly Jewish

Offline dasmo801

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3039 on: January 25, 2021, 01:28:30 PM »
Anecdotally, my sister and some of her kids, sister in law and some of her kids and my daughter all positive in the past few days. No contact with each other.

and now me too.