Author Topic: Lakewood covid cases  (Read 532486 times)

Offline Baruch

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Lakewood covid cases
« Reply #3120 on: January 26, 2021, 12:03:33 AM »
I’m calling your bluff. You said many people contacted you, and I’m saying I don’t believe you. I’m offering you an objective way to establish quantification of anonymous opinions on DDF, if you’re right, call my bluff.
truth

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: January 26, 2021, 12:06:01 AM »
Why would someone feel the need to toe any lines. If they are scared to post their opinion, just don't post anything.
What he really means is that people feel hurt when their bubbles are burst. Not posting doesn't solve that.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline grodnoking

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: January 26, 2021, 12:08:31 AM »
People propagating deadly lies should be bullied. We should be proud.
I'm sure that's what Jack and Mark say too.
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: January 26, 2021, 12:17:18 AM »
I'm sure that's what Jack and Mark say too.
That's why I agree with them, and you do too when it's lies you don't like. Would you want them to allow somebody to propagate a 'view' that the Elders Of Zion planted the Covid lab when they had the vaccine ready before anybody else?
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #3124 on: January 26, 2021, 01:07:35 AM »
But at what cost?
Most of the city has immunity.
Should an entire city of 100,000 people be shut down indefinitely - now that so many people have immunity?
Are you aware of the terrible price we have paid in school dropouts (boys & girls), divorces, substance abuse, domestic abuse, loss of education, etc.?
Big decisions like these need to be made by responsible & knowledgeable people, not hotheads who aren't aware of the full picture.
Like I said, I strongly supported the lockdown Pesach time and kept all the rules 100% - but it's a new situation now.
We can't fight today's battles with yesterday's weapons.

I’m just going to quote this post to highlight the very obvious and inexcusable straw man argument in the original post you (once again) made to start this ludicrous conversation. To then call yourself someone advocating for a “middle ground” is nothing short of laughable.

You’re clearly a sensitive soul so I won’t drill deeper but Hameivin Yavin.
Remember - this is a city of 100k.
Keep things in perspective.
Three Yidden dead in a city of 100K and 3 dead in a city of a million are the same- three Yidden dead. The “perspective” you request is so off the charts I don’t know how to respond.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 01:10:47 AM by S209 »
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #3125 on: January 26, 2021, 08:33:09 AM »
That's not exactly fair.

Nobody should be feeling bullied regardless of their positions or what they post. And unfortunately, I have definitely seen it here both ways coming from both sides.

This is not Trump Fans vs BLM Fans (or whatever far right vs left groups you choose) where there is a complete and total lack of any modicum of respect. People here should be able to respectfully express their views without being afraid that they are going to be attacked for those views. There's a way to phrase things in a non-aggressive or offensive manner even if you vehemently disagree with someone.

I'm not speaking specifically to you because I quoted your post. I'm speaking to the general oilim here :).
There is nothing to do when someone feels bullied from their untrue statements being called out
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline iluv2travel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: January 26, 2021, 09:16:16 AM »
There is nothing to do when someone feels bullied from their untrue statements being called out

I think its not the fact that those untrue statements are called out, but how its done that may make someone feel bullied.

It wouldn't hurt anyone to refrain from being disparaging even when they are incensed by a post/view/statement/lie.

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #3127 on: January 26, 2021, 09:33:38 AM »
I think its not the fact that those untrue statements are called out, but how its done that may make someone feel bullied.

It wouldn't hurt anyone to refrain from being disparaging even when they are incensed by a post/view/statement/lie.
They are using those falsehoods to paint those who advocate for even minimal restrictions as if it was for full lockdown and shutting schools causing dropouts and suicide. That is the bullying not those defending themselves against the accusations based on lies.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline iwlw2

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: January 26, 2021, 09:52:07 AM »
An old friend of mine was hospitalized last night. (Young person.)
Refuah Shleima!

Offline ae123

• View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: January 26, 2021, 04:32:11 PM »
You’re clearly a sensitive soul so I won’t drill deeper but Hameivin Yavin.Three Yidden dead in a city of 100K and 3 dead in a city of a million are the same- three Yidden dead. The “perspective” you request is so off the charts I don’t know how to respond.
You clearly misunderstood (accidentally or deliberately) my point in my posts and I refuse to continue to engage in this back & forth.

Offline ae123

• View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: January 26, 2021, 04:37:00 PM »
Thank you to all those who understood my original point and/or appreciated my standing up to the mob. (YES, I did receive many messages of support.)
If I accomplished that a)some people have more information to better understand the Covid situation b)some people will be more civil, then I'm happy.
I'm now leaving this thread.
Be well.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: January 26, 2021, 04:37:26 PM »
You clearly misunderstood (accidentally or deliberately) my point in my posts and I refuse to continue to engage in this back & forth.
You intentionally manipulated reality in an attempt to bully him, and when called out on it, yet again you are attempting to avoid defending your positions by turning the tables on him.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #3132 on: January 26, 2021, 04:38:28 PM »
Of course you refuse to continue, you’ve been clearly called out on it and have no substantive way to defend what you said. There is no response other than to retract what you said, or clarify it to mean something different than what was written.

I said it’s insane there is no communal action being taken. There are many people falling seriously ill and it’s directly due to certain behaviors. The fact that weddings and Simchos are carrying on as normal and people are being lackadaisical about exposure/quarantine is nuts. Your response was an absolute joke of a straw man.

If you think I misunderstood, quit the mystical hints and explain what exactly you meant. It’s not my job to decipher the hidden meaning in your posts.

Offline Ergel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: January 26, 2021, 04:38:50 PM »
And remember, we are looking for serious cases not just asymptomtic or even flu-like symptoms.
Honestly, I think you lost major credibility with this post. It shows a major misunderstanding of the pandemic. So what, a group of 750 (what percentage under 40) didn't have a hospitalization - and therefore what? By your admittance, they clearly had multiple covid cases, likely spreading to the greater population and putting people at risk. 
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #3134 on: January 26, 2021, 04:40:30 PM »
Thank you to all those who understood my original point and/or appreciated my standing up to the mob. (YES, I did receive many messages of support.)
If I accomplished that a)some people have more information to better understand the Covid situation b)some people will be more civil, then I'm happy.
I'm now leaving this thread.
Be well.
What exactly were you expecting to accomplish? Perhaps some vulnerable fellow will now feel more comfortable attending a danger superspreader event with your encouragement.

Congratulations, you just costed someone their life. Good job standing up to the mob. Props!

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #3135 on: January 26, 2021, 04:41:56 PM »
Honestly, I think you lost major credibility with this post. It shows a major misunderstanding of the pandemic. So what, a group of 750 (what percentage under 40) didn't have a hospitalization - and therefore what? By your admittance, they clearly had multiple covid cases, likely spreading to the greater population and putting people at risk.
Bais Yitzchok? You’d be hard pressed to find a minyan of over 30s.

And it’s a straight out lie. Someone I know who learns in BY had COVID last week. But he knows that. Truth isn’t the goal here. Apparently, it’s “standing up to the mob”.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #3136 on: January 26, 2021, 04:46:02 PM »
Bais Yitzchok? You’d be hard pressed to find a minyan of over 30s.

And it’s a straight out lie. Someone I know who learns in BY had COVID last week. But he knows that. Truth isn’t the goal here. Apparently, it’s “standing up to the mob”.

Worth repeating that if Chas Veshalom there is an infectious super spreader in a room of 750 young people it is almost guaranteed to directly cause several deaths when they go home and some of them spread it to more vulnerable people. It's true just like it's true that the sun will rise tomorrow.

Exposing a gas tank to fire isn't safe just because it hasn't exploded in a few months.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #3137 on: January 26, 2021, 04:48:05 PM »
Worth repeating that if Chas Veshalom there is an infectious super spreader in a room of 750 young people it is almost guaranteed to directly cause several deaths when they go home and some of them spread it to more vulnerable people. It's true just like it's true that the sun will rise tomorrow.

Exposing a gas tank to fire isn't safe just because it hasn't exploded in a few months.
Lies, bullying, CNN and fraud. That’s all you’re good for.

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #3138 on: January 26, 2021, 05:03:47 PM »
you’ve been clearly called out on it and have no substantive way to defend what you said.

This needs to work both ways. Either you require each person to defend their statements all the time, or if you choose sometimes yes to and sometimes not to then set that as the expectation. For example:

(I'm not looking to be stoned here), but I've politely called out your below statement as its incorrect but you chose not to respond to it,

(The vast majority of posters on the DDF COVID board are in the “Corona-denier” category

which is your call. Its fine by me, but then don't expect others to always come with proofs either. Playing field needs to be level - if you can ignore sometimes then so can others.

That doesn't mean I agree that what was originally written is true or correct but just like you can continue to let your incorrect statement stand without defending it, then so can theirs.

Offline dasmo801

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3139 on: January 26, 2021, 05:41:44 PM »
This needs to work both ways. Either you require each person to defend their statements all the time, or if you choose sometimes yes to and sometimes not to then set that as the expectation. For example:

(I'm not looking to be stoned here), but I've politely called out your below statement as its incorrect but you chose not to respond to it,

which is your call. Its fine by me, but then don't expect others to always come with proofs either. Playing field needs to be level - if you can ignore sometimes then so can others.

That doesn't mean I agree that what was originally written is true or correct but just like you can continue to let your incorrect statement stand without defending it, then so can theirs.
Not looking to get involved but it seems obvious that the bar should be set a little higher for statements that if taken at face value can result in illness or even death vs a statement that even if fabricated out of thin air will have zero real world repercussions.