Author Topic: Lakewood covid cases  (Read 522881 times)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Re: Lakewood covid cases
« Reply #3180 on: January 27, 2021, 10:27:21 PM »
I’m guessing he said in the past few weeks rather than each week, and he was including the Tri State area otherwise sounds way too high.

Even tri-state area that sounds too high. I’m far from one who believes COVID is over or that any facts should be downplayed, but based on the numbers being reported out of Lakewood, it doesn’t seem to add up.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: January 27, 2021, 10:30:59 PM »
I don’t know. It definitely seems very high for the under 40 crowd but then again I was told (and was “debunked” for repeating) there are dozens in serious condition in the hospital from Lakewood right now. I am personally aware of more than one of them (under 40).

I have no problem believing that there are dozens of Frum people from Lakewood hospitalized in serious condition, but this is different in that:
- All women
- All pregnant
- All this week
- All under 40
- All critical (your “dozens of serious” probably includes critical as well, but that’s a fraction of the “dozens”).

Both your report and the doctor’s are frightening R”L, but the doctors’ sounds inaccurate or he said something different.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Baruch

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: January 27, 2021, 10:31:05 PM »
https://www.thelakewoodscoop.com/news/2021/01/tragic-petirah-of-mrs-basha-rand-ah-young-mother-of-3.html

Why do they cover this up as a short illness? What are they trying to achieve by covering up?

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: January 27, 2021, 10:31:42 PM »
I have no problem believing that there are dozens of Frum people from Lakewood hospitalized in serious condition, but this is different in that:
- All women
- All pregnant
- All this week
- All under 40
- All critical (your “dozens of serious” probably includes critical as well, but that’s a fraction of the “dozens”).

Both your report and the doctor’s are frightening R”L, but the doctors’ sounds inaccurate or he said something different.
he said pregnant?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: January 27, 2021, 10:33:52 PM »
he said pregnant?

My mistake, I was confusing the other reports of pregnant women in critical condition r”l, with this.

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: January 27, 2021, 10:34:29 PM »
https://www.thelakewoodscoop.com/news/2021/01/tragic-petirah-of-mrs-basha-rand-ah-young-mother-of-3.html

Why do they cover this up as a short illness? What are they trying to achieve by covering up?
You're asking questions about TLS?

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: January 27, 2021, 10:35:24 PM »
You're asking questions about TLS?
What's the point? What are they trying to achieve?

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #3187 on: January 27, 2021, 10:36:49 PM »

I don’t believe they’ve reported a single death as “COVID” since April
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Online dasmo801

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: January 27, 2021, 10:37:51 PM »
I was told by someone with first hand information that there are 5-6 young women from Lakewood currently hospitalized in Philadelphia.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #3189 on: January 27, 2021, 10:39:32 PM »
I was told by someone with first hand information that there are 5-6 young women from Lakewood currently hospitalized in Philadelphia.
Careful, you might be “debunked” because someone will say they don’t believe you.

Offline Euclid

• View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: January 27, 2021, 10:41:27 PM »
What's the point? What are they trying to achieve?
If you've followed the rest of their covid "reporting" this wouldn't be a question to you.

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: January 27, 2021, 10:43:27 PM »
If you've followed the rest of their covid "reporting" this wouldn't be a question to you.
I understand all this. I don't understand why?

Offline Euclid

• View Profile
Lakewood covid cases
« Reply #3192 on: January 27, 2021, 10:45:47 PM »
I understand all this. I don't understand why?
They're science skeptics. (Been apparent long before covid too.)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: January 27, 2021, 10:47:53 PM »

What percentage of hospitalized COVID cases end up in Philly? What percentage of currently hospitalized patients were hospitalized in the past week or so?

Offline flyingace

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: January 27, 2021, 11:14:59 PM »
If this is true then the regular channels of keeping track are not being utilized. Don't know if it's the healthcare providers or the patients themselves who are keeping "out of the system".

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3195 on: January 27, 2021, 11:26:51 PM »
So there are more than 30 frum women in their 20’s and 30’s who are critical in the Tri State area in the last few weeks?
Hospitalized in the last few weeks doesn't mean they are still hospitalized currently.
Is it safe to assume an equal or great number in NYC hospitals? I have no idea how this works.

If this is true then the regular channels of keeping track are not being utilized. Don't know if it's the healthcare providers or the patients themselves who are keeping "out of the system".
Which regular channels are you referring to?
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: January 27, 2021, 11:43:04 PM »
Careful, you might be “debunked” because someone will say they don’t believe you.

5-6 is not dozens.

Dozen = 12. Dozens = at minimum 24 (but maybe 36, 48, or 60, or more as it didn't specify how many dozens).

Other posters stated that reputable sources had the number at under 20 which doesn't equal the minimum for dozens. Nothing to do with not believing.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #3197 on: January 28, 2021, 04:03:14 AM »
+1

Someone who works at Chai Lifeline just told me he knows of several women currently in Philadelphia.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #3198 on: January 28, 2021, 04:07:31 AM »
5-6 is not dozens.

Dozen = 12. Dozens = at minimum 24 (but maybe 36, 48, or 60, or more as it didn't specify how many dozens).

Other posters stated that reputable sources had the number at under 20 which doesn't equal the minimum for dozens. Nothing to do with not believing.
You clearly haven’t been following. This poster said there are 5-6 *young women* in *Philadelphia*. That is not the sum total of hospitalized patients from Lakewood. Another poster has now said there have been 20-30 young women hospitalized per week.

2 posters disagreed with my numbers in a contradictory fashion. One has been shown to be unreliable. The other single poster who said it’s under 20 said it’s AFA they know, and has now said that they seem to be missing some information.

Tell me again how I was debunked?

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: January 28, 2021, 09:23:46 AM »
Another poster has now said there have been 20-30 young women hospitalized per week.

And that has been questioned as well. As well as, which your response to was:

I don’t know. It definitely seems very high for the under 40 crowd

You were missing my point either way. If a poster says 5-6 women in Philly that he knows about first hand, there's no reason to say he won't be believed. Its just not the same as making a statement saying dozens are currently hospitalized in serious condition.

I personally never questioned any of these assertions because I have no idea if they may be true or not and I would rather give the benefit of the doubt.

May all the cholim, however many there may be (hopefully less, not more), have a Refuah Sheleimah!