Author Topic: Lakewood covid cases  (Read 170642 times)

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
Re: Lakewood covid cases
« Reply #3195 on: January 27, 2021, 11:26:51 PM »
So there are more than 30 frum women in their 20ís and 30ís who are critical in the Tri State area in the last few weeks?
Hospitalized in the last few weeks doesn't mean they are still hospitalized currently.
I was told by someone with first hand information that there are 5-6 young women from Lakewood currently hospitalized in Philadelphia.
Is it safe to assume an equal or great number in NYC hospitals? I have no idea how this works.

If this is true then the regular channels of keeping track are not being utilized. Don't know if it's the healthcare providers or the patients themselves who are keeping "out of the system".
Which regular channels are you referring to?
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר Ė יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline iluv2travel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: January 27, 2021, 11:43:04 PM »
Careful, you might be ďdebunkedĒ because someone will say they donít believe you.

5-6 is not dozens.

Dozen = 12. Dozens = at minimum 24 (but maybe 36, 48, or 60, or more as it didn't specify how many dozens).

Other posters stated that reputable sources had the number at under 20 which doesn't equal the minimum for dozens. Nothing to do with not believing.

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Ritz Carlton Gold, *G, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Total Rewards Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, DDF Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #3197 on: January 28, 2021, 04:03:14 AM »
I was told by someone with first hand information that there are 5-6 young women from Lakewood currently hospitalized in Philadelphia.
+1

Someone who works at Chai Lifeline just told me he knows of several women currently in Philadelphia.
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Ritz Carlton Gold, *G, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Total Rewards Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, DDF Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #3198 on: January 28, 2021, 04:07:31 AM »
5-6 is not dozens.

Dozen = 12. Dozens = at minimum 24 (but maybe 36, 48, or 60, or more as it didn't specify how many dozens).

Other posters stated that reputable sources had the number at under 20 which doesn't equal the minimum for dozens. Nothing to do with not believing.
You clearly havenít been following. This poster said there are 5-6 *young women* in *Philadelphia*. That is not the sum total of hospitalized patients from Lakewood. Another poster has now said there have been 20-30 young women hospitalized per week.

2 posters disagreed with my numbers in a contradictory fashion. One has been shown to be unreliable. The other single poster who said itís under 20 said itís AFA they know, and has now said that they seem to be missing some information.

Tell me again how I was debunked?
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: January 28, 2021, 09:23:46 AM »
Another poster has now said there have been 20-30 young women hospitalized per week.

And that has been questioned as well. As well as, which your response to was:

I donít know. It definitely seems very high for the under 40 crowd

You were missing my point either way. If a poster says 5-6 women in Philly that he knows about first hand, there's no reason to say he won't be believed. Its just not the same as making a statement saying dozens are currently hospitalized in serious condition.

I personally never questioned any of these assertions because I have no idea if they may be true or not and I would rather give the benefit of the doubt.

May all the cholim, however many there may be (hopefully less, not more), have a Refuah Sheleimah!

Offline yzj

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3200 on: January 28, 2021, 09:27:24 AM »
There simply arenít  20 to 30 critical young women per week in Lakewood. Thereís no point in debating this.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 09:32:17 AM by yzj »

Offline lakewood34

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: January 28, 2021, 10:17:10 AM »
There simply arenít  20 to 30 critical young women per week in Lakewood. Thereís no point in debating this.

hospitalization does not have to mean critical condition
I have a friend in his 30's that was hospitalized for covid last week   
he needed oxygen and that was the best way to get it
At least according to those that know him well he was never in danger   but it was a process to go through to get better

to say that there are 20-30 young women in critical condition when i have not heard of any or seen tehillim being said for a single one does seem highly unusual

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: January 28, 2021, 10:28:28 AM »
hospitalization does not have to mean critical condition
I have a friend in his 30's that was hospitalized for covid last week   
he needed oxygen and that was the best way to get it
At least according to those that know him well he was never in danger   but it was a process to go through to get better

to say that there are 20-30 young women in critical condition when i have not heard of any or seen tehillim being said for a single one does seem highly unusual
This. I was recently told that a relatives' grandmother was "hospitalized due to COVID". About a week later when I followed up I was told she just went in for plasma, although they may have kept her in overnight.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: January 28, 2021, 10:30:04 AM »
MAYBE (and highly unlikely if Lakewood alone) hospitalized short term for treatment, definitely not that many in critical condition.
Maybe they're including anyone who got plasma.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Online YitzyS

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: January 28, 2021, 10:36:49 AM »
This. I was recently told that a relatives' grandmother was "hospitalized due to COVID". About a week later when I followed up I was told she just went in for plasma, although they may have kept her in overnight.
I went in for antibodies and was "kept overnight". I checked in at 11:00 pm and got out at 1:15 a.m.

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #3205 on: January 28, 2021, 10:51:11 AM »
Listen, this is what she told me the Dr said. Could it be serious and not critical? I guess. Some of the options people mentioned could be attributed to broken telephone, but no it wasn't people going in for plasma. Get real.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: January 28, 2021, 10:57:02 AM »
Listen, this is what she told me the Dr said. Could it be serious and not critical? I guess. Some of the options people mentioned could be attributed to broken telephone, but no it wasn't people going in for plasma. Get real.

Serious is bad enough too (and obviously doesn't mean ppl getting plasma). I honestly hope its not true.

Online Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Lakewood covid cases
« Reply #3207 on: January 28, 2021, 10:57:45 AM »
https://www.thelakewoodscoop.com/news/2021/01/lakewood-bikur-cholim-offering-to-make-shabbos-for-households-with-covid-stricken-parent.html
Unfortunately, many young mothers have recently been diagnosed and some hospitlized with covid.

Online TimT

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: January 28, 2021, 11:44:22 AM »
Perhaps Bikur Cholim has accurate numbers.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #3209 on: January 28, 2021, 01:20:49 PM »
Perhaps Bikur Cholim has accurate numbers.
They definitely know a certain amount (which could be used a baseline) but itís unlikely they know of every case
I personally never questioned any of these assertions because I have no idea if they may be true or not and I would rather give the benefit of the doubt.
Well, you did write
Quote from: iluv2travel
debunked

May all the cholim, however many there may be (hopefully less, not more), have a Refuah Sheleimah!
Amen!
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com