Author Topic: Lakewood covid cases  (Read 530523 times)

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Re: Lakewood covid cases
« Reply #3360 on: February 03, 2021, 09:07:45 PM »
Well, my family can now join the statistics. DW tested positive. Her punishment for that will be needing to stay home with the kids who don't have antibodies for the duration of quarantine ;-).
RS
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Online YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3361 on: February 03, 2021, 10:05:49 PM »
Well, my family can now join the statistics. DW tested positive. Her punishment for that will be needing to stay home with the kids who don't have antibodies for the duration of quarantine ;-).
Refuah Sheleima.

Please consider getting her antibody treatment, if she is eligible, or any other available treatment. She should iyH be absolutely fine, but the cases that get bad get bad suddenly R"L, so taking any precautions in advance is not something to blow off.

Kimball offers treatment to certain people - call Bikur Cholim to find out the eligibility parameters. And don't let her get overworked - that means you stay home and watch them kids.

Offline dasmo801

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3362 on: February 03, 2021, 10:11:51 PM »
RS. Took my family 2 weeks from that point until every one of my kids were positive. BH all did well and we are almost done.

Offline Mordyk

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
« Reply #3363 on: February 04, 2021, 09:39:30 AM »
School made us test our daughter because others in her class had.  She had zero symptoms. She tested positive.   
Unnecessary testing, Unnecessary results. >:(

#TYH

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3364 on: February 04, 2021, 09:49:13 AM »
School made us test our daughter because others in her class had.  She had zero symptoms. She tested positive.   
Sounds to me that it's working as intended.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #3365 on: February 04, 2021, 09:51:58 AM »
Why unnecessary? And what is there to be upset about?
She should now know to avoid being around vulnerable people for the next 10 days.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #3366 on: February 04, 2021, 10:48:11 AM »
Why unnecessary? And what is there to be upset about?
She should now know to avoid being around vulnerable people for the next 10 days.

Avoid being around anyone for the next few days because she might infect others too. Even if they’ll be asymptomatic they can go on to infect others.

You’re positive, isolate, end of discussion.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Mordyk

• View Profile
« Reply #3367 on: February 04, 2021, 10:57:40 AM »
Obviously we are quarantining. Dr. was quite impressed because he said many men continue to go to shul.

I still think life could have been simpler not knowing. we are careful around vulnerable people regardless since a year ago.
#TYH

Offline iwlw2

• View Profile
« Reply #3368 on: February 04, 2021, 11:26:40 AM »
Refuah Sheleima.

Please consider getting her antibody treatment, if she is eligible, or any other available treatment. She should iyH be absolutely fine, but the cases that get bad get bad suddenly R"L, so taking any precautions in advance is not something to blow off.

Kimball offers treatment to certain people - call Bikur Cholim to find out the eligibility parameters.
Looked into that because of your comments. She is not eligible for that (which on the overall is BH I think).

And don't let her get overworked - that means you stay home and watch them kids.
Of course, was in joke font (same as sarcasm font...)

Offline iwlw2

• View Profile
« Reply #3369 on: February 04, 2021, 11:33:14 AM »
Obviously we are quarantining. Dr. was quite impressed because he said many men continue to go to shul.

I still think life could have been simpler not knowing. we are careful around vulnerable people regardless since a year ago.
Yeah, but the problem with this disease is that you can easily spread it to someone else who spreads it to someone else etc.  and some of those people are not that careful around vulnerable people. It's one thing when you have no reason to assume you are currently carrying and spreading the virus, but when you know you are positive (or have reason to suspect because of an exposure and can easily clarify with a test), don't you think it is responsible to find out and make sure you are not inadvertently responsible for that?
Don't mean to (again) start the whole "debate" about lockdowns and restrictions vs. עולם כמנהגו נוהג, just a little frustrated as a sister in law of mine who almost certainly has corona (no taste or smell) but is refusing to get tested so as to avoid the other people in her family who have not yet had it needing to quarantine (because by entertaining the fiction that she hasn't tested positive, she and by BIL cans somehow justify in their minds putting others at risk). I just don't get it.....

Offline Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #3370 on: February 04, 2021, 11:37:39 AM »

Like visiting grandparents?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3371 on: February 04, 2021, 12:03:14 PM »

Yeah, but the problem with this disease is that you can easily spread it to someone else who spreads it to someone else etc.  and some of those people are not that careful around vulnerable people. It's one thing when you have no reason to assume you are currently carrying and spreading the virus, but when you know you are positive (or have reason to suspect because of an exposure and can easily clarify with a test), don't you think it is responsible to find out and make sure you are not inadvertently responsible for that?
Don't mean to (again) start the whole "debate" about lockdowns and restrictions vs. עולם כמנהגו נוהג, just a little frustrated as a sister in law of mine who almost certainly has corona (no taste or smell) but is refusing to get tested so as to avoid the other people in her family who have not yet had it needing to quarantine (because by entertaining the fiction that she hasn't tested positive, she and by BIL cans somehow justify in their minds putting others at risk). I just don't get it.....

😢

Offline Mordyk

• View Profile
« Reply #3372 on: February 04, 2021, 12:04:23 PM »
Like visiting grandparents?
Like visiting but no real kissing or hugging grandparents that have not yet had covid. Standing far from immunocompromised relatives etc.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #3373 on: February 04, 2021, 12:04:37 PM »
we are careful around vulnerable people regardless since a year ago.
Plenty of young vulnerable people that you would never know
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Mordyk

• View Profile
« Reply #3374 on: February 04, 2021, 12:05:12 PM »
I'm not talking about knowingly walking around.  I'm talking about zero symptoms and happens to be came back positive...
#TYH

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #3375 on: February 04, 2021, 12:08:40 PM »
I'm talking about zero symptoms and happens to be came back positive...
Do you not understand they are walking around shedding deadly virus?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3376 on: February 04, 2021, 12:12:55 PM »
I'm not talking about knowingly walking around.  I'm talking about zero symptoms and happens to be came back positive...

Asymptomatic people can be just as viral *eyeroll*

Offline Mordyk

• View Profile
« Reply #3377 on: February 04, 2021, 12:18:01 PM »
Asymptomatic people can be just as viral *eyeroll*

Do you not understand they are walking around shedding deadly virus?

I understand that.  and as I said above that we are taking it seriously now that we know.  But even the Doctor said we should not have tested if she showed zero symptoms..
#TYH

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #3378 on: February 04, 2021, 12:19:38 PM »
But even the Doctor said we should not have tested if she showed zero symptoms..

כד רגיז רעיא על ענא עביד לנגדא סמותא:

Offline dasmo801

• View Profile
« Reply #3379 on: February 04, 2021, 01:22:03 PM »
148 new cases in Lakewood reported today.

Totals for the past three months:

Nov: 768
Dec: 1324
Jan: 2263

I think I see a trend...