Author Topic: Lakewood covid cases  (Read 530829 times)

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Re: Lakewood covid cases
« Reply #3480 on: February 06, 2021, 11:38:31 PM »
Is there any downside to monoclonal or it’s all good ?

Offline ae123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3481 on: February 06, 2021, 11:54:37 PM »
Seemed to have been the Shaliach to save my mother.

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #3482 on: February 07, 2021, 12:20:17 AM »
Seemed to have been the Shaliach to save my mother.
In my head I want to say the same about my father but how would one know if they would have progressed to severe disease without the treatment? A great majority of people don’t.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline ae123

• View Profile
« Reply #3483 on: February 07, 2021, 12:22:10 PM »
In my head I want to say the same about my father but how would one know if they would have progressed to severe disease without the treatment? A great majority of people don’t.
Good point.
In our case her turnaround was so fast & remarkable that it's extremely likely to have been the right messenger.

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3484 on: February 07, 2021, 12:33:19 PM »
Good point.
In our case her turnaround was so fast & remarkable that it's extremely likely to have been the right messenger.

My friends grandmother had a similar experience, tested positive and got monoclonal antibodies same day, barely had any symptoms. And an extremely frail old person I know recovered a few days after.
Visibly Jewish

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #3485 on: February 07, 2021, 02:57:41 PM »
Are they giving it to anyone or only quality if you have other medical conditions (or senior) ?

Offline grodnoking

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #3486 on: February 07, 2021, 03:08:45 PM »
Are they giving it to anyone or only quality if you have other medical conditions (or senior) ?
From I've heard it all depends on your doctor/hospital.
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline flyingace

• View Profile
« Reply #3487 on: February 07, 2021, 03:59:15 PM »
Not a reason not to take if you need it, but it will require taking another booster according to my doctor.

Offline ShimshonK

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3488 on: February 07, 2021, 04:59:30 PM »
The stories and reports sound great, but you should note that it seems to be fairly unproven at this point, and is not universally being pushed as treatment outside of our communities.
I suppose it could be another HCQ like "miracle drug" where it's unproven but some good stories about it, especially in our community, but in the long run, my understanding is that it is still completely unproven and not generally recommended.
My father got it last week right after getting covid (b"h all good now), but our local doctor did not particularly push for it - though he didn't push against it either.

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3489 on: February 07, 2021, 05:13:33 PM »
The stories and reports sound great, but you should note that it seems to be fairly unproven at this point, and is not universally being pushed as treatment outside of our communities.
I suppose it could be another HCQ like "miracle drug" where it's unproven but some good stories about it, especially in our community, but in the long run, my understanding is that it is still completely unproven and not generally recommended.
My father got it last week right after getting covid (b"h all good now), but our local doctor did not particularly push for it - though he didn't push against it either.

I saw research results showing that is indeed effective but I would have to look it up when I get a chance.
Visibly Jewish

Offline iwlw2

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3490 on: February 07, 2021, 05:47:35 PM »
I can tell you that upon consulting with dr. and Bikur Cholim in Lakewood, they would not give it unless high-risk (various comorbidities-age, weight, diabetes etc.) or as of recently, also to pregnant women. But other than that no.

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #3491 on: February 07, 2021, 05:48:51 PM »
I can tell you that upon consulting with dr. and Bikur Cholim in Lakewood, they would not give it unless high-risk (various comorbidities-age, weight, diabetes etc.) or as of recently, also to pregnant women. But other than that no.
Why not ?

Offline YitzyS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3492 on: February 07, 2021, 06:00:46 PM »
I know you can't really go with this factor, but I think it accounts for something.

The science behind the antibody treatment is simple, and it's readily apparent why it should work. Obviously it would be prudent to have the statistics, but I don't think the treatment should be discounted if there is only anecdotal evidence presented, as the logic behind its efficacy is straightforward.

Online cholent

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3493 on: February 07, 2021, 06:08:55 PM »
Don't ask stupid questions and you won't get stupid answers

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #3494 on: February 07, 2021, 06:20:07 PM »

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #3495 on: February 08, 2021, 12:00:37 AM »
There have been several studies proving efficacy in greatly lowering incidence of severe disease and plenty of evidence although it’s not quite “proven” yet.

In the clinical study used to apply for EUA, 4 patients in the placebo group died while none did in the Regeneron group.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline ShimshonK

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3496 on: February 08, 2021, 03:11:02 AM »
There have been several studies proving efficacy in greatly lowering incidence of severe disease and plenty of evidence although it’s not quite “proven” yet.

In the clinical study used to apply for EUA, 4 patients in the placebo group died while none did in the Regeneron group.
Sounds great, but my question would be, why isn't it being universally pushed (outside of our communities)?
IINM, the CDC (or maybe it was the NIH?) had actually recommended against it until a few weeks ago, but now they're more neutral on it.
For anyone interested, this is what the CDC writes now:
Treatment Outside of the Hospital
If you receive a positive test result for COVID-19 and are more likely to get very sick from COVID-19, your healthcare provider may recommend that you receive treatment.

For people at high risk of disease progression. The FDA has issued EUAs for two investigational monoclonal antibodies that can attach to parts of the virus. These antibodies could help the immune system recognize and respond more effectively to the virus.
Bamlanivimabexternal icon and casirivimab plus imdevimabexternal icon are available under FDA EUAs for patients at high risk of disease progression and severe illness. Preliminary data suggest that some outpatients may benefit from receiving anti-SARS-CoV-2 monoclonal antibodies early in the course of infection. The NIH COVID-19 Treatment Guidelinesexternal icon find that, to date, there are insufficient data from clinical trials to recommend for or against these treatments and these treatments should not be considered standard of care.

Offline Sammy82

• View Profile
« Reply #3497 on: February 08, 2021, 09:32:33 AM »
Sounds great, but my question would be, why isn't it being universally pushed (outside of our communities)?
IINM, the CDC (or maybe it was the NIH?) had actually recommended against it until a few weeks ago, but now they're more neutral on it.
For anyone interested, this is what the CDC writes now:
Not sure what you consider outside of our community but nursing homes are using it. Cant say everywhere but definitely in many states.

Online Mordyk

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
« Reply #3498 on: February 08, 2021, 10:48:14 AM »
School made us test our daughter because others in her class had.  She had zero symptoms. She tested positive.   
Unnecessary testing, Unnecessary results. >:(
interesting turn of events. me and my wife got symptoms on Wednesday night. I went to test today just to confirm the positive and because I had shortness of breath.  BH we are blessed to overall feel fine.
#TYH

Offline YitzyS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3499 on: February 08, 2021, 10:50:34 AM »
interesting turn of events. me and my wife got symptoms on Wednesday night. I went to test today just to confirm the positive and because I had shortness of breath.  BH we are blessed to overall feel fine.
Refuah Sheleima to you both! Hope you get over this fast, with the same smile that your avatar displays.

I don't want to sound like a broken record, but please consider antibody treatment. You can call Bikur Cholim to find out if you are eligible.