Author Topic: Lakewood covid cases  (Read 534742 times)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Re: Lakewood covid cases
« Reply #3580 on: February 12, 2021, 10:25:35 AM »
I'm sure it also helps that they knew I wasn't asking for heterim....

So you asked what was safest to do and told that you could isolate for 14 days. No chiddush there.

CDC guidelines are what's optimal societally/on-scale and doesn't take into account every statistical outlier.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #3581 on: February 12, 2021, 10:27:28 AM »
So you asked what was safest to do and told that you could isolate for 14 days. No chiddush there.

CDC guidelines are what's optimal societally/on-scale and doesn't take into account every statistical outlier.

I didn't ask for hiddurim, either. I asked for the proper medical guidelines, and was told not to listen to the CDC.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #3582 on: February 12, 2021, 10:31:16 AM »
I didn't ask for hiddurim, either. I asked for the proper medical guidelines, and was told not to listen to the CDC.

Are we talking 15 minute masked exposure or co-inhabitant exposure?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 11:14:59 AM by AsherO »
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #3583 on: February 12, 2021, 10:33:59 AM »
Yes and no. When people say:Then I reserve the right to be the same way.
When someone's rhetoric has been to play it fast and loose with covid, they don't get the benefit of doubt that they're acting properly.

I didn't say to give the benefit of the doubt or to be ok with what went down. Nuance goes both ways, though. There's no need to exaggerate when he left quarantine or to make it worse than it was.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #3584 on: February 12, 2021, 10:36:20 AM »
Are we talking 15 masked exposure or co-inhabitant exposure?

20 minute unmasked indoor exposure to multiple positive people. Most of them were children or adolescents, and the exposed person was an adolescent. TG all ended well on our end.

Offline joe1234

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3585 on: February 12, 2021, 10:36:28 AM »
High risk person with COVID for 7 days, no fever, breathing is fine, is told by doctor that there is no reason at this point to get the antibody treatment. Is this the widely acceptable position?
Is there anything to lose or is it just a waste of time?

Online Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3586 on: February 12, 2021, 10:38:03 AM »
I didn't say to give the benefit of the doubt or to be ok with what went down. Nuance goes both ways, though. There's no need to exaggerate when he left quarantine or to make it worse than it was.
100%. I was just bringing attention to it because of his previous comments; not because I was genuinely concerned.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: February 12, 2021, 10:40:09 AM »
100%. I was just bringing attention to it because of his previous comments; not because I was genuinely concerned.

I get it. I'm just tired of being pissed at people who take shortcuts or don't take it seriously at all. That's my Covid fatigue.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: February 12, 2021, 10:42:08 AM »
High risk person with COVID for 7 days, no fever, breathing is fine, is told by doctor that there is no reason at this point to get the antibody treatment. Is this the widely acceptable position?

7 days based on exposure, date of test, or date of results?

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #3589 on: February 12, 2021, 10:42:17 AM »
Yes, at this point the initial infection has likely been fought off (or not)and it’s not out of the realm of possibility that it could actually do damage (by strengthening the immune response in the second stage which seems to cause the most damage)
Actually currently the CDC suggests 7 days with a negative PCR may be enough. Of course note that masking though day 14 is imperative...
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/more/scientific-brief-options-to-reduce-quarantine.html
Again, this is for exposure not a positive case. Regardless, the CDC acknowledges that it’s insufficient to rule out COVID and they only recommend this because they believe that it should increase compliance and therefore be beneficial at scale.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Online Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: February 12, 2021, 10:43:13 AM »
I get it. I'm just tired of being pissed at people who take shortcuts or don't take it seriously at all. That's my Covid fatigue.
Ive migrated from being pissed to just being disappointed. I now sigh and move on, instead of stewing.

Offline joe1234

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: February 12, 2021, 11:07:27 AM »
7 days based on exposure, date of test, or date of results?
7 days from start of symptoms.. only tested yesterday so 1 day from test results.

Offline Mordyk

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
« Reply #3592 on: February 12, 2021, 11:09:15 AM »
Ok seriously guys, I have been having non stop hiccups the last few days.  Can we switch the subject here?

Or the Mods will have to change the title of this thread to  "Mordyk's Covid Master thread"

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #3593 on: February 12, 2021, 11:09:47 AM »
7 days from start of symptoms.. only tested yesterday so 1 day from test results.
For the sake of the future and for others, this was their mistake. There is not a single valid reason I can think of to delay testing, especially in someone high risk.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline Mordyk

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
« Reply #3594 on: February 12, 2021, 11:11:03 AM »
And just to argue with this,

You haven't read all my comments regarding covid. 

I actually do take it pretty seriously.   It's not a coincidence that I avoided it until now.   Because I disagree with random child testing doesn't mean I disregard covid.   
#TYH

Online PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: February 12, 2021, 11:15:15 AM »

I actually do take it pretty seriously.   It's not a coincidence that I avoided it until now.   Because I disagree with random child testing doesn't mean I disregard covid.
They think you disregard it because you’re refusing to back down from a position that is ridiculous and thoroughly debunked in this thread, even though you don’t know how to defend it. It makes it look like you don’t care.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: February 12, 2021, 11:17:05 AM »

I'm not sure there's a good reason to push for antibodies treatment if they're on Day 7 and seem to be doing ok.

For the sake of the future and for others, this was their mistake. There is not a single valid reason I can think of to delay testing, especially in someone high risk.

+1. Especially with the antibodies treatments. The sooner you know, the better off you are.

Offline cholent

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: February 12, 2021, 11:19:09 AM »
Re 7 day with test/10 day vs 14 day quarantine for exposure, the info on the CDC's site points to increased risk of just 0.3% with the shorter requirements
Don't ask stupid questions and you won't get stupid answers

Online avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: February 12, 2021, 11:50:20 AM »
At some point you stop running to get tested every time you feel a little under the weather. Earlier on I got tested when I wasn't feeing well, once was strep and another was just a virus. After that I stopped running to get tested every time I felt a little under the weather, of course this week the same thing happened and we decided to get tested just in case because we had a sheva brachos and wanted to avoid infecting anyone on the off chance that it was COVID... and it was. Interestingly, while my wife got a positive rapid (and PCR), my rapid came back negative but my PCR came back positive.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Online avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: February 12, 2021, 12:02:16 PM »
I think this sentiment is why US positive tests peaked on Dec 24. People were getting tested before holiday meetings.
I think that shouldn't have such a major effect on the overall number of positive tests, within 2 days of when I got tested I would have seen my symptoms get worse and probably would have tested then. Maybe others wouldn't so that did have an effect on the actual number of positive tests.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.