Author Topic: Lakewood covid cases  (Read 532387 times)

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
Re: Lakewood covid cases
« Reply #3600 on: February 12, 2021, 12:04:45 PM »
I think this sentiment is why US positive tests peaked on Dec 24. People were getting tested before holiday meetings.

Positives actually peaked 2 weeks later, rising about 10% from the week leading into Xmas.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline YitzyS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: February 12, 2021, 12:05:00 PM »
7 days from start of symptoms.. only tested yesterday so 1 day from test results.
I would definitely get a second opinion. If not from a doctor, then at least from Bikur Cholim.

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #3602 on: February 12, 2021, 12:09:51 PM »
At some point you stop running to get tested every time you feel a little under the weather. Earlier on I got tested when I wasn't feeing well, once was strep and another was just a virus. After that I stopped running to get tested every time I felt a little under the weather, of course this week the same thing happened and we decided to get tested just in case because we had a sheva brachos and wanted to avoid infecting anyone on the off chance that it was COVID... and it was. Interestingly, while my wife got a positive rapid (and PCR), my rapid came back negative but my PCR came back positive.
Refuah Sheleima!!

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: February 12, 2021, 12:12:52 PM »
At some point you stop running to get tested every time you feel a little under the weather. Earlier on I got tested when I wasn't feeing well, once was strep and another was just a virus. After that I stopped running to get tested every time I felt a little under the weather, of course this week the same thing happened and we decided to get tested just in case because we had a sheva brachos and wanted to avoid infecting anyone on the off chance that it was COVID... and it was. Interestingly, while my wife got a positive rapid (and PCR), my rapid came back negative but my PCR came back positive.
Refuah shleima and kudos for being prudent.

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3604 on: February 12, 2021, 12:27:19 PM »
Refuah shleima and kudos for being prudent.
We almost didn't get tested because Friendly had a 3 hour wait. Thankfully we went to Chemed and the wait was minimal. In the past Chai stopped giving rapids so we didn't want to go there, it turns out they do give them now. For all those hating on rapids, if not for the rapid we would have gone to the sheva brachos and went on with our lives for another day or 2 before realizing this is actually COVID.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #3605 on: February 12, 2021, 12:33:51 PM »
R"S!
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3606 on: February 12, 2021, 12:44:06 PM »
Positives actually peaked 2 weeks later, rising about 10% from the week leading into Xmas.
You're right
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #3607 on: February 12, 2021, 12:56:24 PM »
Refuah Sheleima to you both! Hope you get over this fast.

I don't want to sound like a broken record, but please consider antibody treatment. You can call Bikur Cholim to find out if you are eligible.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #3608 on: February 12, 2021, 12:58:59 PM »
For all those hating on rapids, if not for the rapid we would have gone to the sheva brachos and went on with our lives for another day or 2 before realizing this is actually COVID.

Without trying to attack you personally, the message here is not to go a Sheva Brachos when you're feeling 'a little under the weather'.

A negative test doesn't tell you anything.

And yes, I know it isn't easy.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #3609 on: February 12, 2021, 01:03:54 PM »
Without trying to attack you personally, the message here is not to go a Sheva Brachos when you're feeling 'a little under the weather'.

In short, go to the principals office with @Mordyk, do not pass go do not collect $200 (or if you're a DDFer, do not accrue points on that leg of your trip.)

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #3610 on: February 12, 2021, 01:11:44 PM »

You can say that's the message, but people won't listen to your message. I almost decided not to bother getting the rapid and just go to the sheva brachos because rapids are "not accurate".

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #3611 on: February 12, 2021, 01:17:35 PM »
K   please call the NY buildings department on me.  PM for my address.

if CDC says 10 days, and 24 hours after fever stopped, then i'm certain that 7 days after fever stopped and 9 days after symptoms IM ok to leave with a mask for a short appointment(which fever is obviously and indicator of contagiousness)
My wife just spoke to her Dr and was told she can go out on day 10.

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #3612 on: February 12, 2021, 01:29:13 PM »
You can say that's the message, but people won't listen to your message. I almost decided not to bother getting the rapid and just go to the sheva brachos because rapids are "not accurate".

First of all, R"S to you and your family. Second, you realize that it wasn't accurate for you, and the nes here is that it caught your wife's infection, keeping you from going to the sheva brachos. That doesn't make rapids any more accurate. It was 50/50 in your own family. That people won't listen to the message of staying home and not going to simchos when you could possibly be sick, with Covid or anything else, doesn't make rapids a blessing. It makes people stupid.

(Sorry if that was a bit blunt.)
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #3613 on: February 12, 2021, 01:41:36 PM »
First of all, R"S to you and your family. Second, you realize that it wasn't accurate for you, and the nes here is that it caught your wife's infection, keeping you from going to the sheva brachos. That doesn't make rapids any more accurate. It was 50/50 in your own family. That people won't listen to the message of staying home and not going to simchos when you could possibly be sick, with Covid or anything else, doesn't make rapids a blessing. It makes people stupid.

(Sorry if that was a bit blunt.)
Yes, I know in my family it was 50% accurate. Our symptoms were much more consistent with a sinus infection than COVID, when we got the first positive we were genuinely surprised. We weren't going to stay home just because we felt a little under the weather when the symptoms were not COVID symptoms, otherwise we'd have stayed home a dozen+ times over the past few months, from not sleeping enough to other viruses etc.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: February 12, 2021, 01:44:02 PM »
We weren't going to stay home just because we felt a little under the weather when the symptoms were not COVID symptoms, otherwise we'd have stayed home a dozen+ times over the past few months
Welcome to how 90% of the world are living these days.

There are reports the new variants have slightly different symptoms.

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #3615 on: February 12, 2021, 01:47:28 PM »
Refua Shlaima!
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #3616 on: February 12, 2021, 01:48:24 PM »
Yes, I know in my family it was 50% accurate. Our symptoms were much more consistent with a sinus infection than COVID, when we got the first positive we were genuinely surprised. We weren't going to stay home just because we felt a little under the weather when the symptoms were not COVID symptoms, otherwise we'd have stayed home a dozen+ times over the past few months, from not sleeping enough to other viruses etc.
Sinus infection symptoms ARE COVID SYMPTOMS! This has been clear since sukkos time. Those were my first symptoms too.

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #3617 on: February 12, 2021, 01:52:38 PM »
Sinus infection symptoms ARE COVID SYMPTOMS! This has been clear since sukkos time. Those were my first symptoms too.
That doesn't seem to be published in most lists of common COVID symptoms.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #3618 on: February 12, 2021, 01:53:54 PM »
That doesn't seem to be published in most lists of common COVID symptoms.
dunno, but I had sinus infection symptoms and was given antibiotics for it but the Dr told me to quarantine since there was a good chance it was COVID and he was correct.

Offline joe1234

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3619 on: February 12, 2021, 01:56:24 PM »
For the sake of the future and for others, this was their mistake. There is not a single valid reason I can think of to delay testing, especially in someone high risk.
שומר פשעים ה׳