Author Topic: Lakewood covid cases  (Read 522615 times)

Online yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
Re: Lakewood covid cases
« Reply #3620 on: February 12, 2021, 01:58:09 PM »
שומר פשעים ה׳
Come again?  :o

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3621 on: February 12, 2021, 02:01:13 PM »
Come again?  :o
Wondering if it was an awesome pun or a Freudian slip.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Euclid

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3622 on: February 12, 2021, 02:02:12 PM »
Wondering if it was an awesome pun or a Freudian slip.
Best typo ever

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #3623 on: February 12, 2021, 02:04:37 PM »
Yes, I know in my family it was 50% accurate. Our symptoms were much more consistent with a sinus infection than COVID, when we got the first positive we were genuinely surprised. We weren't going to stay home just because we felt a little under the weather when the symptoms were not COVID symptoms, otherwise we'd have stayed home a dozen+ times over the past few months, from not sleeping enough to other viruses etc.

I want to be clear that this isn't about you, specifically, as it is very common behavior, but this annoys the cr@p outta me. Yes, you should have stayed home dozens  of times over the past few months!!! Forget Covid, and let's say it wasn't even strep, just a cold. Why is it ok for other people to have to miss work or school or even be sick for a few days just because you didn't feel like missing out on an event? Why do entire families have to get sick because you didn't want to keep your kid home from school for a day or 2? I don't get it.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline joe1234

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3624 on: February 12, 2021, 02:07:30 PM »
I'm not sure there's a good reason to push for antibodies treatment if they're on Day 7 and seem to be doing ok.

Yes, at this point the initial infection has likely been fought off (or not)and it’s not out of the realm of possibility that it could actually do damage (by strengthening the immune response in the second stage which seems to cause the most damage)

I would definitely get a second opinion. If not from a doctor, then at least from Bikur Cholim.

Thanks all. They called bikur Cholim and recommended not to get the antibodies.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #3625 on: February 12, 2021, 02:08:54 PM »
I want to be clear that this isn't about you, specifically, as it is very common behavior, but this annoys the cr@p outta me. Yes, you should have stayed home dozens  of times over the past few months!!! Forget Covid, and let's say it wasn't even strep, just a cold. Why is it ok for other people to have to miss work or school or even be sick for a few days just because you didn't feel like missing out on an event? Why do entire families have to get sick because you didn't want to keep your kid home from school for a day or 2? I don't get it.
I just wanna add that aside from the damage done to individuals who get sick, more cases also bring about lockdowns and all the horrible maladies of that for the entire community (suicides, off the drench, emotional problems etc etc). That's before we get to Chilul Hashem and Aivah. 
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Online avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3626 on: February 12, 2021, 02:18:54 PM »
I'm sorry, but I'm not staying home every time I go to sleep late.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3627 on: February 12, 2021, 02:31:44 PM »
At some point you stop running to get tested every time you feel a little under the weather. Earlier on I got tested when I wasn't feeing well, once was strep and another was just a virus. After that I stopped running to get tested every time I felt a little under the weather, of course this week the same thing happened and we decided to get tested just in case because we had a sheva brachos and wanted to avoid infecting anyone on the off chance that it was COVID... and it was. Interestingly, while my wife got a positive rapid (and PCR), my rapid came back negative but my PCR came back positive.

TBF, you got sick quite often this year. Getting a virus, strep, and other illnesses above the cold level will definitely make it cumbersome to test often. Though I think the average person shouldn't test every time they feel a little bit under the weather unless it becomes more serious or they were exposed. Personally I mentally kept track of my minor illnesses in case it developed into something worse, in case I exposed someone.
Visibly Jewish

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #3628 on: February 12, 2021, 02:36:19 PM »
I'm sorry, but I'm not staying home every time I go to sleep late.

If you can't tell the difference between illness and a late night, either ashrecha that your illnesses are so mild, or I'm sorry that a late night makes you feel so bad.

Online avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #3629 on: February 12, 2021, 02:41:59 PM »
If you can't tell the difference between illness and a late night, either ashrecha that your illnesses are so mild, or I'm sorry that a late night makes you feel so bad.
It's difficult to decipher where it changes from just a late night to something more serious.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #3630 on: February 12, 2021, 02:49:59 PM »
It's difficult to decipher where it changes from just a late night to something more serious.
The problem is that you prefer to err on the side of your personal comfort instead of erring on the side of protecting everybody else.

The lack of concern for society is precisely what makes secular Jews hate frum Jews and non-Jews hate Jews  הָבָה נִתְחַכְּמָה לוֹ פֶּן יִרְבֶּה וְהָיָה כִּי תִקְרֶאנָה מִלְחָמָה וְנוֹסַף גַּם הוּא עַל שֹׂנְאֵינוּ וְנִלְחַם בָּנוּ

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #3631 on: February 12, 2021, 02:56:29 PM »
The problem is that you prefer to err on the side of your personal comfort instead of erring on the side of protecting everybody else.

The lack of concern for society is precisely what makes secular Jews hate frum Jews and non-Jews hate Jews  הָבָה נִתְחַכְּמָה לוֹ פֶּן יִרְבֶּה וְהָיָה כִּי תִקְרֶאנָה מִלְחָמָה וְנוֹסַף גַּם הוּא עַל שֹׂנְאֵינוּ וְנִלְחַם בָּנוּ

Hold up. This is not a frum problem. Not even close. It's very, very widespread.

Online avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #3632 on: February 12, 2021, 03:27:05 PM »

This self hatred is despicable.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #3633 on: February 12, 2021, 03:37:08 PM »
Hold up. This is not a frum problem. Not even close. It's very, very widespread.
Do you not think it is more widespread in the frum community?

This self hatred is despicable.
Not as despicable as those who are promoting the selfish mindset I'm hating on.

Online avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #3634 on: February 12, 2021, 03:41:05 PM »
Not as despicable as those who are promoting the selfish mindset I'm hating on.
You're right, people trying to live and feed their families are just really selfish.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #3635 on: February 12, 2021, 03:41:41 PM »

No. It's more noticeable, because many of us look different and we hold ourselves to a higher standard. The world is a pretty narcissistic place these days.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #3636 on: February 12, 2021, 03:42:06 PM »
You're right, people trying to live and feed their families are just really selfish.
Yup, going to a Sheva Brachos is to feed your family. You're so blind you don't see how selfish it is.

Offline yitzgar

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3637 on: February 12, 2021, 03:42:09 PM »
Going to a simcha when you have a headache and no known exposure is not selfish. If you choose to go overboard and stay home every time you cough, that doesn't mean everyone else is selfish.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #3638 on: February 12, 2021, 03:42:28 PM »

Living and feeding your families is one thing. A 500 person wedding is not that. Come on, now...

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #3639 on: February 12, 2021, 03:43:45 PM »
Going to a simcha when you have a headache and no known exposure is not selfish. If you choose to go overboard and stay home every time you cough, that doesn't mean everyone else is selfish.

Who said anything about a headache? Coughing, sneezing, or any sinus issues are a different animal.