Author Topic: PSA: SCAM ALERT: People "helping" with unemployment can be scammers!  (Read 3079 times)

Offline daybyday

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: PSA: SCAM ALERT: People "helping" with unemployment can be scammers!
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2020, 10:55:21 AM »
I just received a voice note forward that's been circulating on Whatsapp (thank you to the ddfer who sent it to me) from a guy who identifies himself as the one who put out the original warning (although he's not the same guy I heard the warning from) saying that the boss of the agency personally called him to apologize that one of his employees had been rude and refused to hand over his login and debit card information, and that's not how they operate and he'll ensure that he has all his funds shortly.

I don't know if this is a legitimate mix up (personally for me the questions still stand. Why do they create login information without sharing it with the client, why do they change the debit card mailing address to something other than what's provided by the client, etc), or if they decided to save face and pocket 3k per client if they can't get the full 17k...

Regardless, please don't share SSN and other sensitive information with strangers. I know it's confusing to file a claim yourself but is it worth the potential pitfalls?
So he's apologizing for his employee scamming the customer instead of the intended plan of scamming the government... Not sure if this should make one laugh or cry..  :o