Topic Wiki

Creek preserve- Wimauma FL
Creek Preserve is a development being built by DR Horton and Lennar Builders. These are single family homes. The development has 674 homes total, all new construction
Lennar Builder is pretty much done in that development.
The community offers amenities like a clubhouse, swimming pool, Playground, and basketball courts.

Pricing & home sizes
Size The homes range from 1500 to 3300 SQ ft.The lot sizes are from 40-60 x 120. There are some lots that back up to a preserve or pondview. Most lots will back other properties.
Prices:prices  range from 370K - 550K depending on the model, lot size and location.
Taxes & HOA:Annual HOA & CDD is 2000K Taxes are approx. 4-5K (after the reassessment)

Rentals:A 5 Bedroom home in the area rents for approximately 2700-2900.
There is minimal maintenance as the properties are brand new and comes with a builders one year warranty.

Home Pricing and Models as of 5/15/2022

DR Horton Pricing
Their base price goes by model and there is an additional charge per lot that goes from 7-45K Premium lots like a corner or over the water will be in the range of 30-40K lot charge.
ALLEX 1,504 3 2: $365,990

DARWIN 1,961 3 2.5: $384,990

ELSTON 2,260 4 2.5 : $400,990

ROBIE 2,447 5 3: $406,990

ARIA 1,672 3 2 : $385,990

CALI 1,828 4 2 : $398,990

ENSLEY 2,371 4 3 : $415,990

HAYDEN 2,605 5 3 : 428,990

LAUREL 1,844 3 2 : $391,990

LANTANA 2,045 4 2.5 : $409,990

CORAL 2,756 4 3 : $431,990

HEMINGWAY 2,934 5 3 2 ELEV G: $446,990

HOLDEN 3,313 4 3 2 ELEV G: $461,990

« Last edited by blue eyes on May 16, 2022, 05:57:37 AM »

Author Topic: New Chassidish Community Being Planned in Tampa  (Read 181599 times)

Offline mendyt

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Re: New Chassidish Community Being Planned in Tampa
« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2020, 01:41:44 AM »
I drove to BP today and met with the organizers, I will post some info tomorrow iy"h.
Let's see if we can get some DDF'ers on board  8)

Offline Mikes@Micro

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2020, 11:00:01 AM »
I know people already doing it, making FL their primary residence for this reason.
Donald Trump does it.
No state income tax.

I drove to BP today and met with the organizers, I will post some info tomorrow iy"h.
Looking forward
Quote or engagement  equals full throated endorsement and vote!
H/t PinchosL

Offline Chapshnell

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Skypesos, AA Shilling, AS Pounds.
« Reply #82 on: July 23, 2020, 12:28:35 PM »

lets hear!

Offline ushdadude

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 23, 2020, 12:35:11 PM »
Do they realize how hot it is in Tampa? Streimel and bekisha will be very uncomfortable

Offline Alexsei

• View Profile
    • Travel & Kivrei Zadikim
  • Programs: COVID-23
« Reply #84 on: July 23, 2020, 12:45:43 PM »
Do they realize how hot it is in Tampa? Streimel and bekisha will be very uncomfortable
Replace with a shaboosdig fedora from the local JCPenney...
Jews ≠ Zionists
Palestinians ≠ Hamas
Satmar ≠ SatmarHQ

Offline ushdadude

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 23, 2020, 12:49:44 PM »
Replace with a shaboosdig fedora from the local JCPenney...
do they make straw shtreimels or seersucker bekishas?

Offline mendyt

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2020, 01:50:23 PM »
Disclaimer #1
This may be my longest post ever on DDF.
If this whole thing does not interest you, feel free to skip this post  ???

Disclaimer #2
I'm by no means an expert in real estate, mortgages, building new developments, etc. Please don't challenge me on these subjects, I'm just providing you the information that I received.

Intro
First of all, in my OP I mentioned its Shloime Taussig, I was wrong,  Its Rabbi Yisroel Taussig he has the Beled shul in BP.

The location of the new development is in Pasco County, Tampa FL.
They chose this location,
Firstly, because they only wanted a red state (I know FL is a swing state but red enough for our needs)
Secondly, because Pasco counties population is at around 500,000 and they have a dream of having 3 million within the next 10 years, and 50% of the residents should be working within the county, hence, they are very accommodating and helping out with what they can, to make this a reality.

The age group they are currently targeting is between 25-35, as they need families with young children, in order the schools should succeed.
At the moment, they are not accepting anyone who doesn't want to live there full time
(eventually, they may build houses for people who want it as a winter home, etc. but it will be on a separate st)

They want it to be a regular erliche chasidish community, and for this, they meet every couple before accepting a deposit.

Chinuch
He is already interviewing some mechanchim who will be hired as menahel, Principal, etc.

They are going to start with one school and cheider, but eventually, as the community grows, they would like to have 3-4 Schools.

Depending on your income, you may be eligible for the school choice program, which is about 6K per child, their dream is to cover all expenses with this. (I guess they will still receive other government funds besides school choice, just as our schools here in NY)
Limudei chol will have to be at a higher level from our schools in NY, Boys will have to start learning Limudei chol at a younger age than in NY.

Kosher food
They are in talks with a few of the larger supermarkets, and they will choose one to open up a branch. They want the community to have it all just as in NY.

Housing
90% of the development consist of townhouses and single homes on 40 Lot, however, currently, there is no demand for townhouses, so they won't begin with townhouses.

A house on a 40 Lot means, your property is 40ft wide, with a decent front lawn and backyard, the house is 2600sf, with 4 larger or 5 smaller bedrooms, and a 2 car garage.  Cost is 325K [the cost is not final]
Property tax is 1% of the purchase price, then there is also HOA (homeowner's association) fees which estimates at around $200 per month. 

A house on a 50 Lot is 3200sf, and it also has a private guest suite, this will be around 375K

The 60 Lot is a house of 3400sf, they don't know the exact cost yet but it will be in the low 400K.

The developers will begin building model homes soon, and they encourage you to fly down, see the location, and check out a model home.

It seems to me like they want to start off with the 40 Lots and they are pushing for that.

The county will assist with a First-time Homebuyer Assistance Program, You will be eligible for a loan of 10K with 0% interest, primary Residence buyers are eligible for 97% mortgage.
They are also working on getting the moving cost covered by the county, but this is not guaranteed yet.

Community amenities
The plan is to build up a Shul,Mikva, playground, community pool and tennis court in the center of the development, and it shouldn't take you more than 12 minutes to get there from any side of the development.

Signing up for the move
If you want to go ahead, you need to put down a $5,000 deposit, $500 is nonrefundable (going for lawyer fees, etc) the rest will go into an escrow account.
Once they have 100 deposits, they will coordinate a local event, where you will meet your potential neighbors, and you will be able to decide if you want to make the move or not.
As of yesterday, they already received 30 deposits

They estimate to begin selling homes around Sep 15,( you have to purchase your lot and get a mortgage (Guess like a construction loan) before they begin building it. Once home sales begin, you have 2 weeks to back out and have your $4500 refund, at the same time, once you signed and got your mortgage, the $4500 deposit will be refunded.

The projected date to have all amenities ready and fully operational is September 2021. The first homes to go into contract will be completed by April 2021 (Pesach time), however, this is not guaranteed.

The local government is also offering major subsidies if you are relocating or opening up a new business, I won't go into detail, because this is on a case to case basis.

All in all, It looks too good to be true, on the other hand, its about time something like this to happen, and I hope I will make the right choice  :)

« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 02:40:41 PM by mendyt »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #87 on: July 23, 2020, 01:54:36 PM »
Why FL over a purple or red state within driving distance of NY?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline mendyt

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 23, 2020, 01:56:33 PM »
Secondly, because Pasco counties population is at around 500,000 and they have a dream of having 10 million within the next 10 years, and 50% of the residents should be working within the county, hence, they are very accommodating and helping out with what they can, to make this a reality.

Offline Jellybelly

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 23, 2020, 02:28:28 PM »
I’m hoping this initiative works and then the Lakewood askanim do something similar in a closer State like Pennsylvania

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 23, 2020, 02:32:24 PM »

The location of the new development is in Pasco County, Tampa FL.
They chose this location,
Firstly, because they only wanted a red state (I know FL is a swing state but red enough for our needs)
Secondly, because Pasco counties population is at around 500,000 and they have a dream of having 10 million within the next 10 years, and 50% of the residents should be working within the county, hence, they are very accommodating and helping out with what they can, to make this a reality.

Did you mean 1 million within 10 years?
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Online Something Fishy

• Global Moderator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 44
    • View Profile
    • Kosher Horizons
« Reply #91 on: July 23, 2020, 02:35:58 PM »
First of all, in my OP I mentioned its Shloime Taussig, I was wrong,  Its Rabbi Yisroel Taussig he has the Beled shul in BP.

I thought Shloime Taussig was the Beled Ruv from BP, took over when his father died a few years ago. Is that not the case?

then there is also HOA (homeowner's association)

🤮
Check out my site for epic kosher adventures: Kosher Horizons

Offline Euclid

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 23, 2020, 02:35:58 PM »
I’m hoping this initiative works and then the Lakewood askanim do something similar in a closer State like Pennsylvania
Lakewood "askanim" have way too much money invested in Lakewood real estate and infrastructure to voluntarily open a competing community. Remember Sloatsburg? According to reports at the time, the Lakewood askanim pushed hard against it.

Offline mendyt

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 23, 2020, 02:38:23 PM »
I thought Shloime Taussig was the Beled Ruv from BP, took over when his father died a few years ago. Is that not the case?

I think they are brothers, guess there are 2 beleds in BP?!
Im not familiar with this at all.

Offline mendyt

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 23, 2020, 02:40:10 PM »
Did you mean 1 million within 10 years?
Sorry was my mistake, their dream is to have 3 million within the next 10 years.
either way, the numbers make no big difference to us at the moment.

Offline Chapshnell

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Skypesos, AA Shilling, AS Pounds.
« Reply #95 on: July 23, 2020, 02:41:47 PM »
Sounds very interesting! Thanks for the update! Please post more info as you get them.
Whether it works or not is to be seen but I love seeing people trying to get out of the Sodomite NYC. About time

Offline Banillareloads

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 23, 2020, 02:58:15 PM »

🤮

Shloime took over their father's shul, his brother opened his own shul on 12 & 50 and he's the one involved with this. Btw they get along afaik.

P.S. I can see the headlines now " Florida Hasidic man ... "  :P

Online Something Fishy

• Global Moderator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 44
    • View Profile
    • Kosher Horizons
« Reply #97 on: July 23, 2020, 02:58:46 PM »
Shloime took over their father's shul, his brother opened his own shul on 12 & 50 and he's the one involved with this. Btw they get along afaik.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks.
Check out my site for epic kosher adventures: Kosher Horizons

Offline mendyt

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 23, 2020, 03:06:17 PM »

P.S. I can see the headlines now " Florida Hasidic man ... "  :P
Do you know Rabbi Yisroel Taussig?
I sat with him and his wife for an hour and half, they seemed very nice, but I would love to hear what type of people they are, are they liked in their shul?
Pm's welcome!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 03:10:46 PM by mendyt »

Online Dawie

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 23, 2020, 03:23:39 PM »
Lakewood "askanim" have way too much money invested in Lakewood real estate and infrastructure to voluntarily open a competing community. Remember Sloatsburg? According to reports at the time, the Lakewood askanim pushed hard against it.
IIRC it was just R Elya Svei telling Simon Glick not to

as far as Lakewood opening new places, very hard to find the interest
As R Shmuel Lefkowitz (in)famously said his piece about pioneering ( https://nj1015.com/is-orthodox-rabbi-pushing-blockbusting-jackson-wants-investigation-watch )
There was a push to make Mddleburg NY work with a yeshiva, never went anywhere, Vineland they are still dreaming about, Egg Harbor Twp they even had a Kollel travel there
There is now a Yeshiva in Hamilton NJ with dreams of a community
Hazelton PA was a spot they tried numerous times
Florida at least has vouchers... but so does South Bend and they advertise and get nothing