Topic Wiki

Creek preserve- Wimauma FL
Creek Preserve is a development being built by DR Horton and Lennar Builders. These are single family homes. The development has 674 homes total, all new construction
Lennar Builder is pretty much done in that development.
The community offers amenities like a clubhouse, swimming pool, Playground, and basketball courts.

Pricing & home sizes
Size The homes range from 1500 to 3300 SQ ft.The lot sizes are from 40-60 x 120. There are some lots that back up to a preserve or pondview. Most lots will back other properties.
Prices:prices  range from 370K - 550K depending on the model, lot size and location.
Taxes & HOA:Annual HOA & CDD is 2000K Taxes are approx. 4-5K (after the reassessment)

Rentals:A 5 Bedroom home in the area rents for approximately 2700-2900.
There is minimal maintenance as the properties are brand new and comes with a builders one year warranty.

Home Pricing and Models as of 5/15/2022

DR Horton Pricing
Their base price goes by model and there is an additional charge per lot that goes from 7-45K Premium lots like a corner or over the water will be in the range of 30-40K lot charge.
ALLEX 1,504 3 2: $365,990

DARWIN 1,961 3 2.5: $384,990

ELSTON 2,260 4 2.5 : $400,990

ROBIE 2,447 5 3: $406,990

ARIA 1,672 3 2 : $385,990

CALI 1,828 4 2 : $398,990

ENSLEY 2,371 4 3 : $415,990

HAYDEN 2,605 5 3 : 428,990

LAUREL 1,844 3 2 : $391,990

LANTANA 2,045 4 2.5 : $409,990

CORAL 2,756 4 3 : $431,990

HEMINGWAY 2,934 5 3 2 ELEV G: $446,990

HOLDEN 3,313 4 3 2 ELEV G: $461,990

« Last edited by blue eyes on May 16, 2022, 05:57:37 AM »

Author Topic: New Chassidish Community Being Planned in Tampa  (Read 181587 times)

Online EliJelly

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: New Chassidish Community Being Planned in Tampa
« Reply #240 on: October 23, 2020, 02:34:55 PM »
Why would anyone want it to fail?
Exactly. Just some see the lack of detailed updates as a red flag. Everyone wants new developments to succeed.

Online Something Fishy

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 44
    • View Profile
    • Kosher Horizons
« Reply #241 on: October 23, 2020, 02:35:14 PM »
@mendyt - there's a vacuum of real info, so people are filling in the blanks. There's been nothing said about what the homes will look like, so when a picture is posted people just assume it's stock.

Nobody is hating. I think everyone wants this to succeed but there is just not much information forthcoming. I wish someone who actually has answers would join here and answer them. Could be a real boon to the project.
Check out my site for epic kosher adventures: Kosher Horizons

Offline mendyt

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 23, 2020, 02:37:40 PM »
Why would anyone want it to fail?

Want my take?

I believe there are some people who are torn apart, on one hand they desperately want to join such an idea as well, but on the other hand they cant get out of their comfort zone and leave everything behind. Therefore seeing the project fail is best for their feelings.
I came to this conclusion after talking in person to so many people about it.

Ill emphasize again: So many have tried but failed, yes there are a lot of good reasons why it should not work out, Im not saying that this has a 100% success rate, But if there was ever a time with chances to work out, then its definitely now

« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 03:30:57 PM by mendyt »

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #243 on: October 23, 2020, 02:43:56 PM »

Ill emphasize again: So many have tried but failed, yes there are a lot of good reasons why it should not work out, Im not saying that this has a 100% success rate, But if there was ever a time with chances to work out, then its definitely now

I said this back in July: I've seen many such projects come and go, but this one has a chance. However, they need to do a better job with PR. There needs to be a steady flow of information, and constant engagement. Besides for getting the word out there, it inspires confidence in the project. There are many who would join but don't want to waste their time with another fantasy. Engagement makes it real. It shows investment and commitment.

Just my $.02.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline justmeha

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 23, 2020, 02:56:14 PM »
Want my take?

I believe there are some people who are torn apart, on one hand they desperately want to join such an idea as well, but on the other hand they cant get out of their comfort zone and leave everything behind. Therefore they just don't want it to work out as this will be the easiest for their feelings.

was thinking along those lines as well.

Offline mendyt

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 23, 2020, 02:58:07 PM »
@mendyt - there's a vacuum of real info, so people are filling in the blanks. There's been nothing said about what the homes will look like, so when a picture is posted people just assume it's stock.

Nobody is hating. I think everyone wants this to succeed but there is just not much information forthcoming. I wish someone who actually has answers would join here and answer them. Could be a real boon to the project.

OK ill try to fill in some blanks:

The Tausig's are saying they have more than 100 people who signed, but of course I don't know the real number.
I believe most of the people who signed still have lots of questions and are uncertain about certain things, but I hope this will change once we get together, and there is an event this Moitse Shabbos, details and location is of course only for those who signed.

The location of the project changed, they say the reason is because, the original development in Pasco county got postponed with another year due to Covid.
The new location is in Hillsborough county, it has some downsides
1. The larger homes aren't available here (largest option is only 2600sf + 2 car garage)
3. They are not so flexible with changing the home layout
3. Hillsborough is already a more developed place so I think they wont be so forthcoming as in Pasco, plus I think its a democratic county, but this is just my theory, Im not sure if I'm right.

On the positive side:
1. This location is already confirmed and yes I know some have seen Models this week, and others are flying down shortly.
2. The development company is D.R Horton, a very large development company.
3. Lot size is either 40 or 50Ft Wide ( I think the length is 120, not sure though)
4. They have 3 options of homes, "Robie" "Cali" and "Hayden"  You can google it and look it up by yourself.

My biggest concern at the moment is type crowd and all around Moisdes Etc. I hope the event will clear this void

@Lurker I totally agree with you on this one, their PR was bad and there was a constant lack of engagement and transparency, But it seems like things are finally moving now

« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 03:14:53 PM by mendyt »

Offline lcm

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 23, 2020, 03:15:25 PM »
Seems like people don't want it to fail, rather they want to point out red flags so people don't lose their money.

Offline yesitsme

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 23, 2020, 03:41:24 PM »
Seems like people don't want it to fail, rather they want to point out red flags so people don't lose their money.
Correct especially if he failed on a different project
["-"]

Offline mendyt

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 23, 2020, 03:54:43 PM »
Correct especially if he failed on a different project
1. No matter how many people I asked I've yet to hear any details.  Not saying that nothing happened but something is definitely not black on white here.
2. Besides the deposit of 5K you are not signing contract with the Tausig family, you are signing with the developers.
Not saying that 5K is nothing but they wouldn't do all this just to scam out 100 people with 5K, have I been the scammer here, then I would've targeted higher numbers.

Offline mendyt

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 23, 2020, 03:56:41 PM »
was thinking along those lines as well.
On a humorous note,  I think these are the same folks who think TLV and MIA are the only 2 destinations to vacation on planet earth  ;)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 04:00:09 PM by mendyt »

Offline fresar

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 25, 2020, 07:09:03 PM »
Want my take?

I believe there are some people who are torn apart, on one hand they desperately want to join such an idea as well, but on the other hand they cant get out of their comfort zone and leave everything behind. Therefore seeing the project fail is best for their feelings.

Agree 100%

Offline lifetimedeals

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 26, 2020, 02:07:00 PM »
Was there more information provided this weekend?

Offline BP16

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 26, 2020, 03:02:52 PM »
OK ill try to fill in some blanks:

The Tausig's are saying they have more than 100 people who signed, but of course I don't know the real number.
I believe most of the people who signed still have lots of questions and are uncertain about certain things, but I hope this will change once we get together, and there is an event this Moitse Shabbos, details and location is of course only for those who signed.

The location of the project changed, they say the reason is because, the original development in Pasco county got postponed with another year due to Covid.
The new location is in Hillsborough county, it has some downsides
1. The larger homes aren't available here (largest option is only 2600sf + 2 car garage)
3. They are not so flexible with changing the home layout
3. Hillsborough is already a more developed place so I think they wont be so forthcoming as in Pasco, plus I think its a democratic county, but this is just my theory, Im not sure if I'm right.

On the positive side:
1. This location is already confirmed and yes I know some have seen Models this week, and others are flying down shortly.
2. The development company is D.R Horton, a very large development company.
3. Lot size is either 40 or 50Ft Wide ( I think the length is 120, not sure though)
4. They have 3 options of homes, "Robie" "Cali" and "Hayden"  You can google it and look it up by yourself.

My biggest concern at the moment is type crowd and all around Moisdes Etc. I hope the event will clear this void

@Lurker I totally agree with you on this one, their PR was bad and there was a constant lack of engagement and transparency, But it seems like things are finally moving now
2600sf is not that big, its a pity that they cant have bigger houses, when moving out especially to a place like FL you would want 3500sf+ 

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #253 on: October 26, 2020, 03:22:30 PM »
2600sf is not that big, its a pity that they cant have bigger houses, when moving out especially to a place like FL you would want 3500sf+

3500 sf?? Setting that bar a little high... 2600 is very decent for a 4-5 bedroom here. In my area, houses are routinely between 1900-2700 sf. There are larger homes, but they are considered higher end. I do agree that 2600 sf being the largest size is inconvenient.

Offline mendyt

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 26, 2020, 03:29:03 PM »
Was there more information provided this weekend?
Main advantage of the event was meeting other people
Will try to write up something later

Offline Chapshnell

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Skypesos, AA Shilling, AS Pounds.
« Reply #255 on: October 26, 2020, 04:25:11 PM »
Main advantage of the event was meeting other people
Will try to write up something later

Thanks!

Offline Chapshnell

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Skypesos, AA Shilling, AS Pounds.
« Reply #256 on: October 26, 2020, 04:25:48 PM »
3500 sf?? Setting that bar a little high... 2600 is very decent for a 4-5 bedroom here. In my area, houses are routinely between 1900-2700 sf. There are larger homes, but they are considered higher end. I do agree that 2600 sf being the largest size is inconvenient.

Lakewood developments is usually that size

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 26, 2020, 05:06:14 PM »
Lakewood developments is usually that size

It's doable, it just raises the price, especially if you're using pre-existing models from an established FL developer. We don't really do basements here.

Online avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 26, 2020, 05:08:20 PM »
It's doable, it just raises the price, especially if you're using pre-existing models from an established FL developer. We don't really do basements here.
More reason to need a bigger house.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 26, 2020, 05:13:11 PM »
More reason to need a bigger house.

Just makes it harder to get that square footage. You need more land.