Topic Wiki

Creek preserve- Wimauma FL
Creek Preserve is a development being built by DR Horton and Lennar Builders. These are single family homes. The development has 674 homes total, all new construction
Lennar Builder is pretty much done in that development.
The community offers amenities like a clubhouse, swimming pool, Playground, and basketball courts.

Pricing & home sizes
Size The homes range from 1500 to 3300 SQ ft.The lot sizes are from 40-60 x 120. There are some lots that back up to a preserve or pondview. Most lots will back other properties.
Prices:prices  range from 370K - 550K depending on the model, lot size and location.
Taxes & HOA:Annual HOA & CDD is 2000K Taxes are approx. 4-5K (after the reassessment)

Rentals:A 5 Bedroom home in the area rents for approximately 2700-2900.
There is minimal maintenance as the properties are brand new and comes with a builders one year warranty.

Home Pricing and Models as of 5/15/2022

DR Horton Pricing
Their base price goes by model and there is an additional charge per lot that goes from 7-45K Premium lots like a corner or over the water will be in the range of 30-40K lot charge.
ALLEX 1,504 3 2: $365,990

DARWIN 1,961 3 2.5: $384,990

ELSTON 2,260 4 2.5 : $400,990

ROBIE 2,447 5 3: $406,990

ARIA 1,672 3 2 : $385,990

CALI 1,828 4 2 : $398,990

ENSLEY 2,371 4 3 : $415,990

HAYDEN 2,605 5 3 : 428,990

LAUREL 1,844 3 2 : $391,990

LANTANA 2,045 4 2.5 : $409,990

CORAL 2,756 4 3 : $431,990

HEMINGWAY 2,934 5 3 2 ELEV G: $446,990

HOLDEN 3,313 4 3 2 ELEV G: $461,990

« Last edited by blue eyes on May 16, 2022, 05:57:37 AM »

Author Topic: New Chassidish Community Being Planned in Tampa  (Read 184182 times)

Online avromie7

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: New Chassidish Community Being Planned in Tampa
« Reply #260 on: October 26, 2020, 05:19:30 PM »
Just makes it harder to get that square footage. You need more land.
Lakewood houses are typically 3500sqf plus a basement which is finished into an apartment that is rented out.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #261 on: October 26, 2020, 05:29:06 PM »
Lakewood houses are typically 3500sqf plus a basement which is finished into an apartment that is rented out.

At what price?
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Online avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 26, 2020, 05:32:32 PM »
At what price?
I think somewhere around 600k. Keep in mind, the basement rental subsidizes the mortgage.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #263 on: October 26, 2020, 05:42:10 PM »
I think somewhere around 600k. Keep in mind, the basement rental subsidizes the mortgage.

That's almost double what the FL houses are being advertised at. I think a big part of their target audience is looking for something more affordable than 600k.

Offline Joel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #264 on: October 26, 2020, 05:59:53 PM »
That's almost double what the FL houses are being advertised at. I think a big part of their target audience is looking for something more affordable than 600k.
Life in Florida will be more expansive. think travel alone to NY for any family related event.

You can get in Lakewood a new townhouse with 2500 SQF for 300-400K or a larger house with a finished basement for a rental for 600-700k

Offline mendyt

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 26, 2020, 06:08:50 PM »
Life in Florida will be more expansive. think travel alone to NY for any family related event.

You can get in Lakewood a new townhouse with 2500 SQF for 300-400K or a larger house with a finished basement for a rental for 600-700k
Well don't forget the younger generation doesn't rely on all government funding like FS or Section 8, and in FL you have School choice/Scholarship program PLUS no state income tax

Offline mendyt

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 26, 2020, 06:09:27 PM »
Was there more information provided this weekend?

They sent an email only Thursday night about the event, so not everyone made it.
They had between 50-60 participants plus a few on zoom, and they claimed they have more people who already gave deposits but couldn't make it. One of the ladies told DW that she knows five people who already put down deposits and didn't make it, so I guess it was true.
While I thought only confirmed deposits will be attending, I did learn that some of them did not and are just very interested, I don't mind that they allowed unconfirmed families to attend, but it did bother me a bit, as I want to see people who are at the step of making the move and not just extremely interested.
Besides the Tausig family, they had one family who already signed a contract on Friday morning and another family who already chose their lot and are signing a contract this week.

Its hard to define the crowd on a public forum, what's too frum for one, may be too modern for another, but Ill try to get out of my box  ::)
I'm not an extrovert; hence I didn't chat with everyone, but from my first impressions, I think its fair to say that its a pretty diverse community.  I would label most as Normal center chasidish families, a few a drop more to the right and a few a drop more to the left, but no one that we would call "very farfrimt" or the opposite.   With this said, I think it's a normal healthy, diverse crowd, and this is exactly what you need if you want it to flourish.

I understand that the whole development, which is almost 700 homes, will be reserved for the community if they receive 70 contracts by Jan 2021.
They have another property ready for another development just 1-2 miles away.

As mentioned above, the largest home is 2600Sf plus 400Sf in the garage. I would also love to have it a bit bigger, but this is what they have now, and also, D.R. Horton would not customize anything for you, it's a take it or leave it.  However, they will add plumbing in the kitchen, so converting it to 2 separate sinks and faucets will only be another $700-800 once you closed.
The good thing is that it's all-inclusive, and you get all appliance and even Window shades.

I'll try to attach some pictures and pricing, add another 30K, which will go for Shul, Mikvah, and all Schools, then another 2K-22K for the property depending on your lot (Simply put, they charge more for better lots that are larger or more private etc.)
There is a big 10-acre property right outside of the community (you can see it in the Aerial view pic), and they already signed contract on it, that's going for a Shopping center and all schools and yeshivos etc.
I think that adding 30K is fair for now, but I wonder where this money will go if they are successful and fill everything up. I would love to hear an explanation on this.

For School, they hired Rabbi Klein from Bais Sarah, he is not moving out, but he will be on top of it and hire the staff.

While Rabbi Tausig will open the first shul, his dream is to have another shul for every 100 homes.

He also mentioned that you could purchase a property or home outside of the community and build your own home, but he does want 30K if you're going to be part and benefit from all amenities and services.

They also spoke about the school choice/Student Scholarship program and employment opportunities.

I think this pretty much sums it up. All in all, most of the crowd seemed very enthusiastic and excited; Hashem is the only one who knows what will happen with this project.

Feel free to ask questions, but remember, I'm not representing the Taussig's here; hence, I may not be able to answer all of your questions.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 26, 2020, 06:22:18 PM »
Thanks for the update!

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 26, 2020, 06:53:34 PM »
Their monthly payment is missing the property insurance, which will most likely be escrowed and included in the monthly payment. I'm not sure about insurance rates in that area, but it will likely add between $250-400/mo.

Another thing to look into is their calculation for debt-to-income needed for a mortgage. I don't know that there are lenders who will allow 100% DTI, but I'm no expert.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #269 on: October 26, 2020, 07:03:31 PM »
No bathtubs in master bath? Only one shared bathroom for main floor bedroom?
Really surprising that newly built homes are so small, plus there's no basement for storage.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #270 on: October 26, 2020, 07:05:33 PM »

Which floor plan are you looking at?

Offline mendyt

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 26, 2020, 07:06:12 PM »
Their monthly payment is missing the property insurance, which will most likely be escrowed and included in the monthly payment. I'm not sure about insurance rates in that area, but it will likely add between $250-400/mo.

Another thing to look into is their calculation for debt-to-income needed for a mortgage. I don't know that there are lenders who will allow 100% DTI, but I'm no expert.
He said it should run between 900-1300 yearly, which makes sense based on a quick google search. Don't know why it was not included on the sheet.

Offline mendyt

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 26, 2020, 07:08:47 PM »
Really surprising that newly built homes are so small, plus there's no basement for storage.
Thats right, definitely built on the cheaper side.
The Master has no tub, but the space is large enough to add it yourself.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #273 on: October 26, 2020, 07:10:41 PM »
Thats right, definitely built on the cheaper side.
The Master has no tub, but the space is large enough to add it yourself.

Isn't this being built for frum people? Don't most frum women want a bathtub in their bathroom?
Everything is cheaper when done in bulk up front...
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 26, 2020, 07:11:37 PM »
Which floor plan are you looking at?
All?

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 26, 2020, 07:12:08 PM »
He said it should run between 900-1300 yearly, which makes sense based on a quick google search. Don't know why it was not included on the sheet.

That sounds ridiculously low. South FL is a little different, but it runs between $3500-6500 for similar houses here. Hurricanes are a thing. I can get you info for an insurance agent here who may be able to get more accurate numbers.

Offline mendyt

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 26, 2020, 07:16:25 PM »
That sounds ridiculously low. South FL is a little different, but it runs between $3500-6500 for similar houses here. Hurricanes are a thing. I can get you info for an insurance agent here who may be able to get more accurate numbers.
http://letmegooglethat.com/?q=property+insurance+rates+hillsborough+county

Offline mendyt

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 26, 2020, 07:20:06 PM »
Isn't this being built for frum people? Don't most frum women want a bathtub in their bathroom?
Everything is cheaper when done in bulk up front...
Thats right, but D.R. Horton does not want to change ANYTHING.
The original dream was in Pasco County where they did have the flexibility of customizing the homes.
It is what it is, take it or leave it.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 26, 2020, 07:24:05 PM »
http://letmegooglethat.com/?q=property+insurance+rates+hillsborough+county

Further down the page:

Average homeowners insurance cost in Florida

The average cost of homeowners insurance in Florida is $3,643, based on data from Insurance.com.Aug 4, 2020

Speak to an agent.

Offline ad120

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 26, 2020, 07:26:01 PM »
No hurricanes on the west coast of Florida.