Topic Wiki

Creek preserve- Wimauma FL
Creek Preserve is a development being built by DR Horton and Lennar Builders. These are single family homes. The development has 674 homes total, all new construction
Lennar Builder is pretty much done in that development.
The community offers amenities like a clubhouse, swimming pool, Playground, and basketball courts.

Pricing & home sizes
Size The homes range from 1500 to 3300 SQ ft.The lot sizes are from 40-60 x 120. There are some lots that back up to a preserve or pondview. Most lots will back other properties.
Prices:prices  range from 370K - 550K depending on the model, lot size and location.
Taxes & HOA:Annual HOA & CDD is 2000K Taxes are approx. 4-5K (after the reassessment)

Rentals:A 5 Bedroom home in the area rents for approximately 2700-2900.
There is minimal maintenance as the properties are brand new and comes with a builders one year warranty.

Home Pricing and Models as of 5/15/2022

DR Horton Pricing
Their base price goes by model and there is an additional charge per lot that goes from 7-45K Premium lots like a corner or over the water will be in the range of 30-40K lot charge.
ALLEX 1,504 3 2: $365,990

DARWIN 1,961 3 2.5: $384,990

ELSTON 2,260 4 2.5 : $400,990

ROBIE 2,447 5 3: $406,990

ARIA 1,672 3 2 : $385,990

CALI 1,828 4 2 : $398,990

ENSLEY 2,371 4 3 : $415,990

HAYDEN 2,605 5 3 : 428,990

LAUREL 1,844 3 2 : $391,990

LANTANA 2,045 4 2.5 : $409,990

CORAL 2,756 4 3 : $431,990

HEMINGWAY 2,934 5 3 2 ELEV G: $446,990

HOLDEN 3,313 4 3 2 ELEV G: $461,990

« Last edited by blue eyes on May 16, 2022, 05:57:37 AM »

Author Topic: New Chassidish Community Being Planned in Tampa  (Read 184574 times)

Offline EliJelly

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: New Chassidish Community Being Planned in Tampa
« Reply #300 on: October 27, 2020, 12:06:58 AM »
I was looking for similar style developments in FL to get a glimpse via Street view how this may look like. Most of them are private and aren't covered by Google's street view. But I did found this one.

I can only imagine how in the beginning people will pull up into the driveway, walk to door, and after struggling two minutes with the lock combo they'll realize they are with 3 houses off.

Offline TBD

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 27, 2020, 12:13:48 AM »
I was looking for similar style developments in FL to get a glimpse via Street view how this may look like. Most of them are private and aren't covered by Google's street view. But I did found this one.

I can only imagine how in the beginning people will pull up into the driveway, walk to door, and after struggling two minutes with the lock combo they'll realize they are with 3 houses off.
Like in the Lakewood developments :-\

Online Something Fishy

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 44
    • View Profile
    • Kosher Horizons
« Reply #302 on: October 27, 2020, 12:14:45 AM »

AKA every Chassidisha development ever.
Check out my site for epic kosher adventures: Kosher Horizons

Offline EliJelly

• View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 27, 2020, 12:18:14 AM »
If you want to see FL exploding, check out that surrounding area to see how much new development is going on. That whole area used to be farmland.
Amazing indeed. This nearby development and model homes is impressive!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 12:29:29 AM by EliJelly »

Offline BP16

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 27, 2020, 12:18:34 AM »
Def will before making a final decision.
But am sure its cheaper than South FL, its not that close to the water
Thanks for the info.
Hey you never know if I may end up there. But I think they should definitely consider looking in to a different developer and should ask the people who already gave deposits if they would agree to wait a little longer but to find better houses, I think one of the main reasons people moved to Toms River was because the houses are big and of course much cheaper then Brooklyn or Monsey, but as I said earlier to get people more excited you have to have the option of bigger houses 3500-4000sf people would spend that extra 100k for that! Goyim don't usually have 6-7-8+ kids so 4 Bedrooms is way more then enough and as was mentioned about the kitchen, they look small and Jews like big kitchens.
I would have advocated at the meeting to rather find a developer who is ready to work with them regarding layouts of the house.
Any way I hope it works out as it's good to have different options to live besides NY/NJ (with Heimish crowd)

Offline EliJelly

• View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 27, 2020, 12:20:48 AM »
AKA every Chassidisha development ever.
Hurray for your effort! :)
Sure so but this is on a new level. Much longer rows of single family homes.

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 27, 2020, 12:37:25 AM »
Thanks for the info.
Hey you never know if I may end up there. But I think they should definitely consider looking in to a different developer and should ask the people who already gave deposits if they would agree to wait a little longer but to find better houses, I think one of the main reasons people moved to Toms River was because the houses are big and of course much cheaper then Brooklyn or Monsey, but as I said earlier to get people more excited you have to have the option of bigger houses 3500-4000sf people would spend that extra 100k for that! Goyim don't usually have 6-7-8+ kids so 4 Bedrooms is way more then enough and as was mentioned about the kitchen, they look small and Jews like big kitchens.
I would have advocated at the meeting to rather find a developer who is ready to work with them regarding layouts of the house.
Any way I hope it works out as it's good to have different options to live besides NY/NJ (with Heimish crowd)
It's funny you mention Toms River, because TR houses are big but are not designed for Jewish families either. Not many bedrooms (but huge bedrooms), small (by Jewish standards) kitchen, large 2 floor sitting room etc.

Offline TBD

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 27, 2020, 12:39:44 AM »
Quote from: Euclid lik=topic=118512.msg2343929#msg2343929 date=1603773445
It's funny you mention Toms River, because TR houses are big but are not designed for Jewish families either. Not many bedrooms (but huge bedrooms), small (by Jewish standards) kitchen, large 2 floor sitting room etc.
And paying $4,000 a month....

Offline lcm

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 27, 2020, 12:40:45 AM »
They don't have 100 buyers yet. Based on what I've seen here, it seems like they've been looking for already planned developments and then tried working out deals with the developers. For the most flexibility, they would be best served looking for land and then shopping the project to developers who have houses that fit their needs. They seem to be in a rush, though, so I'm not sure this was ever an option. They'd also need to have commitments and cash up front to make that work, and the way they are doing it allows for more flexibility in the event they aren't able to fill an entire development.
+1
Iow, if the whole project doesn't work, the developers can still continue with the development.

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #309 on: October 27, 2020, 12:40:51 AM »
This thread has piqued my curiosity. I wonder where the interest level would be for a well-thought out development near Orlando with larger houses for around $400k-500k. Benefits would be being close to MCO for cheap and easy travel, closer to South FL (easier on food logistics), prior familiarity with the area with all the tourists, infrastructure sustainability because of tourism (restaurants, grocery, etc.), and business opportunities catering to those tourists. It would probably take an extra year or 2 to get off the ground. Just random late night thoughts.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline TBD

• View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 27, 2020, 12:50:03 AM »
This thread has piqued my curiosity. I wonder where the interest level would be for a well-thought out development near Orlando with larger houses for around $400k-500k. Benefits would be being close to MCO for cheap and easy travel, closer to South FL (easier on food logistics), prior familiarity with the area with all the tourists, infrastructure sustainability because of tourism (restaurants, grocery, etc.), and business opportunities catering to those tourists. It would probably take an extra year or 2 to get off the ground. Just random late night thoughts.
or extra 3-4-5- years... Dont know how the FL DOB behaves but I believe its still a govt agency. 
For heavens sake all ideas are EXCELLENT ideas but if this person has a following that will go for this than let him build it and after that he/you can try all other great ideas... If it wont succeed he you can still try all other ideas but no reason to put this on hold because you think this is better...

Offline TBD

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 27, 2020, 12:52:13 AM »
Lakewood chasidishe community also started with Belz building small 2K sq feet houses in Harmony Park, and look how many chasidishe families moved out there in all other developments... we need a 1st one, don't need a perfect one

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #312 on: October 27, 2020, 12:54:51 AM »
or extra 3-4-5- years... Dont know how the FL DOB behaves but I believe its still a govt agency. 
For heavens sake all ideas are EXCELLENT ideas but if this person has a following that will go for this than let him build it and after that he/you can try all other great ideas... If it wont succeed he you can still try all other ideas but no reason to put this on hold because you think this is better...

I don't think anything should be put on hold. This seems to be real and actually happening, and everything else is just a fantasy. However, there seem to be many people with serious reservations, for a number of reasons. I'm just wondering how many of these people are perpetual fence-sitters and how many are serious about making the move if their concerns are addressed.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline lakewood34

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 27, 2020, 01:29:59 AM »
does not look like there are separate playrooms and if that is correct that is really unfortunate
also what does the ongoing monthly community fee cover and can it be raised over time.

Offline mendyt

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 27, 2020, 01:38:44 AM »
I enjoy reading all the comments, it opens my eyes to some more questions.
 But as a few said, let one be a 1st even if it isn't perfect.  This will never happen If everyone will wait for the perfect dream home, perfect location and perfect price. 

In Pasco county he would've have options of 3500sf and even 4K and it seems like that was a smaller developer with more flexibility,  but as they said,  there is huge momentum right now and waiting a year longer will just kill it.

There is plenty of land all around!  And as I mentioned above, you can purchase a private larger lot within walking distance and build your own dream home.

For me personally getting out of NY to an OOT community is a huge perk and dream of mine, ill be more than happy if it never grows to more than 300- 500 famiIies, I can continue my work remotely, so many concerns that lots of people have, aren't concerns for me at all.

I do want to find out more why nothing can be done to change some layouts, along with a few other questions, I hope I'll at least be able to get an answer next week when I'm on the ground there.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 01:42:14 AM by mendyt »

Offline mendyt

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: October 27, 2020, 01:47:05 AM »
does not look like there are separate playrooms and if that is correct that is really unfortunate
also what does the ongoing monthly community fee cover and can it be raised over time.
Yup, playroom is a problem but some are thinking of closing down the flex room to use as a playroom (In the Hayden model) or eventually fix up the garage.

The community fee is for some amenities that come with the community, like play grounds, Swimming pool and I hope a gym too

Offline Chapshnell

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Skypesos, AA Shilling, AS Pounds.
« Reply #316 on: October 27, 2020, 10:06:09 AM »

do you live in Toms River? Sure doesnt seem so from your words.. I do.. And I have no idea where the heck you get your info from  :D
Dont want to hijack this thread but had to comment on this..

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 27, 2020, 10:07:40 AM »
do you live in Toms River? Sure doesnt seem so from your words.. I do.. And I have no idea where the heck you get your info from  :D
Dont want to hijack this thread but had to comment on this..
TR is a big place. There are definitely neighborhoods where his description is generally accurate.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline Chapshnell

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 27, 2020, 10:08:05 AM »
Lakewood chasidishe community also started with Belz building small 2K sq feet houses in Harmony Park, and look how many chasidishe families moved out there in all other developments... we need a 1st one, don't need a perfect one

this is the perfect comment. you start with nachshonim & eventually around & around will be filled up as well.. give it time.. The belzer nachshonim paid $250k or less for their homes..

Offline Chapshnell

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 27, 2020, 10:13:50 AM »
TR is a big place. There are definitely neighborhoods where his description is generally accurate.

Majority of the homes in 08755 (and where yidden live in 08753) are big nice homes.. Everyone I know (and I was a nachshon) has between 4 & 10 bedrooms. Majority in the 4 to 6 range.
Even the "smaller" homes if you get a little creative can be used like a yid vs. a goy who has a different mindset when it comes to dining rooms, kitchen etc.

In either case I am rooting for this Tampa Bay community to work out because Brooklyn people need options.
The only way this can work if it gets off the ground, people are happy & once family/friends get good feedback.. come visit winter time etc. and like it it will have a GREAT chance of taking off