Topic Wiki

Creek preserve- Wimauma FL
Creek Preserve is a development being built by DR Horton and Lennar Builders. These are single family homes. The development has 674 homes total, all new construction
Lennar Builder is pretty much done in that development.
The community offers amenities like a clubhouse, swimming pool, Playground, and basketball courts.

Pricing & home sizes
Size The homes range from 1500 to 3300 SQ ft.The lot sizes are from 40-60 x 120. There are some lots that back up to a preserve or pondview. Most lots will back other properties.
Prices:prices  range from 370K - 550K depending on the model, lot size and location.
Taxes & HOA:Annual HOA & CDD is 2000K Taxes are approx. 4-5K (after the reassessment)

Rentals:A 5 Bedroom home in the area rents for approximately 2700-2900.
There is minimal maintenance as the properties are brand new and comes with a builders one year warranty.

Home Pricing and Models as of 5/15/2022

DR Horton Pricing
Their base price goes by model and there is an additional charge per lot that goes from 7-45K Premium lots like a corner or over the water will be in the range of 30-40K lot charge.
ALLEX 1,504 3 2: $365,990

DARWIN 1,961 3 2.5: $384,990

ELSTON 2,260 4 2.5 : $400,990

ROBIE 2,447 5 3: $406,990

ARIA 1,672 3 2 : $385,990

CALI 1,828 4 2 : $398,990

ENSLEY 2,371 4 3 : $415,990

HAYDEN 2,605 5 3 : 428,990

LAUREL 1,844 3 2 : $391,990

LANTANA 2,045 4 2.5 : $409,990

CORAL 2,756 4 3 : $431,990

HEMINGWAY 2,934 5 3 2 ELEV G: $446,990

HOLDEN 3,313 4 3 2 ELEV G: $461,990

« Last edited by blue eyes on May 16, 2022, 05:57:37 AM »

Author Topic: New Chassidish Community Being Planned in Tampa  (Read 181575 times)

Offline Chapshnell

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Skypesos, AA Shilling, AS Pounds.
Re: New Chassidish Community Being Planned in Tampa
« Reply #340 on: October 27, 2020, 11:50:14 AM »
Exactly why those layouts make no sense. Why would you make a new frum community with houses that make no sense for frum families?
Small kitchens, no playrooms, no master bathtub, shared bedroom bathroom with entire main floor, nothing over 2.5k sq ft.
They're trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

Nothing is perfect.. It starts out as imperfect and it gets better as the community will grow. The only issue is "lechatchila" to go build non jewish homes for a jewish community is ridiculous. But if the developer tells you take it or leave it, I dont care... what do you do? You want to get this up & running.

Online yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 27, 2020, 11:52:34 AM »
I find it hard to believe that this is a take it or leave it situation. If the developer is that hard to deal with, I'm sure there are other options.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #342 on: October 27, 2020, 11:52:42 AM »
Nothing is perfect.. It starts out as imperfect and it gets better as the community will grow. The only issue is "lechatchila" to go build non jewish homes for a jewish community is ridiculous. But if the developer tells you take it or leave it, I dont care... what do you do? You want to get this up & running.
This is insane.
You find a new developer. Full stop.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #343 on: October 27, 2020, 11:56:25 AM »
I hate liking this because I don't want to encourage it, but you are who you are and my likes won't change that.

Indeed

https://twitter.com/Squilled/status/967912364539564032

Offline Mordyk

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
« Reply #344 on: October 27, 2020, 12:15:10 PM »
Exactly why those layouts make no sense. Why would you make a new frum community with houses that make no sense for frum families?
Small kitchens, no playrooms, no master bathtub, shared bedroom bathroom with entire main floor, nothing over 2.5k sq ft.
They're trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.
Because they aren't building a community.  They are piggy backing off current development plans.

Offline Mordyk

• View Profile
« Reply #345 on: October 27, 2020, 12:18:05 PM »
I find it hard to believe that this is a take it or leave it situation. If the developer is that hard to deal with, I'm sure there are other options.
My father spoke to one of the developers form a similar different project.   They basically order the whole development material that gets delivered like individual puzzles.  They put them up in no time. And no room for customization.

We were there for sukkos and I saw how they went from pouring foundations on day one, to by the time we left pool was poured and electrical work was being done. And this was on 15 homes at once.  Thats their business model
#TYH

Online BP16

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 27, 2020, 12:23:49 PM »
This is insane.
You find a new developer. Full stop.
I am fully with you on this! If you have close to 100 people ready and loaded to move from NY-FL then wait for the best deal not just grab one that people may end up not liking, I would get more options and let the people decide if they are ready to wait for something better or stay with something that may not exactly fit there needs.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #347 on: October 27, 2020, 12:25:16 PM »
I am fully with you on this! If you have close to 100 people ready and loaded to move from NY-FL then wait for the best deal not just grab one that people may end up not liking, I would get more options and let the people decide if they are ready to wait for something better or stay with something that may not exactly fit there needs.
Exactly.
With 100 families, there's no reason you can't find a developer to allow you to design a couple frum home options that make sense.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Cat18

• View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 27, 2020, 12:32:23 PM »
This thread has piqued my curiosity. I wonder where the interest level would be for a well-thought out development near Orlando with larger houses for around $400k-500k. Benefits would be being close to MCO for cheap and easy travel, closer to South FL (easier on food logistics), prior familiarity with the area with all the tourists, infrastructure sustainability because of tourism (restaurants, grocery, etc.), and business opportunities catering to those tourists. It would probably take an extra year or 2 to get off the ground. Just random late night thoughts.

eli steinhardt, a frum guy formerly from chicago is already doing this.

Offline Mordyk

• View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 27, 2020, 12:33:23 PM »
Exactly.
With 100 families, there's no reason you can't find a developer to allow you to design a couple frum home options that make sense.
its the easy way out to piggy back off current plans. simple as that.   they are basically sales people at this point trying to bring their own crowd
#TYH

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #350 on: October 27, 2020, 12:35:00 PM »

Details?
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline lubaby

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile

Offline YoelFried

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 27, 2020, 01:17:32 PM »

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #353 on: October 27, 2020, 01:19:56 PM »
GIYF

https://edengardenvillas.com/

Definitely not what I had in mind. This is being marketed as a vacation community, with resort-style amenities. I don't know the price tag on those houses, but it looks like they'll start in the mid-400s and go well into the 600s. If anyone has details, please post them.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline skyguy918

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 27, 2020, 01:22:15 PM »
Dan already alluded to this, but any of these developments are going to be done by a production builder. That means they're building from a catalog of pre-designed homes. There are places where a production builder might allow for certain customizations, but that's just going to shift you farther toward the custom builder end of the price spectrum. The suggestion here is to find a builder that will provide a few options that are modified from the 'stock' designs to be more palatable to the frum consumer. This does not break the production business model, as you're still building only a few different house types over and over again throughout the development. We're not talking about customizing each house.

Online Dawie

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 27, 2020, 01:23:18 PM »
Master bedroom on first floor?
for the grandparents, or the owners when they cant do stairs...
it is Florida after all
or guest room
not sure why so close to the playroom though

Offline TBD

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 27, 2020, 02:36:42 PM »
Its all very legit concerns, but for the person with 5 kids living in a 2 BR apt in Brooklyn 975 sq ft total with no bathroom in master BR (which is 9 * 9 sq ft big) and no playroom and no living space and has only $40k-50k saved for down payment (from unemployment that he filed for himself and his wife :-*), He should wait another few years in his cramped apt because MAYBE someone will have to offer a bathtub and playroom is.............

Online BP16

• View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 27, 2020, 03:01:04 PM »
Its all very legit concerns, but for the person with 5 kids living in a 2 BR apt in Brooklyn 975 sq ft total with no bathroom in master BR (which is 9 * 9 sq ft big) and no playroom and no living space and has only $40k-50k saved for down payment (from unemployment that he filed for himself and his wife :-*), He should wait another few years in his cramped apt because MAYBE someone will have to offer a bathtub and playroom is.............
few years? because maybe? first of all as was said above the original was put on hold for a year because of Covid, second at least give options, you are not moving from NY to NJ its to FL its a big step actually a huge step so living much better in a better suited house could make a huge difference.
People get excited for big houses and it would pay off to wait a little more to get better options. 

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 27, 2020, 03:02:08 PM »
This is exactly who this will attract. If this takes off, there will likely be other nearby developments that the developer will be happy to customize, or a frum developer will build there..
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 27, 2020, 03:03:44 PM »
few years? because maybe? first of all as was said above the original was put on hold for a year because of Covid, second at least give options, you are not moving from NY to NJ its to FL its a big step actually a huge step so living much better in a better suited house could make a huge difference.
People get excited for big houses and it would pay off to wait a little more to get better options.
If this really takes off, there will always be frum people interested in these houses. You can always sell and buy in the new development next door.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.