Topic Wiki

Creek preserve- Wimauma FL
Creek Preserve is a development being built by DR Horton and Lennar Builders. These are single family homes. The development has 674 homes total, all new construction
Lennar Builder is pretty much done in that development.
The community offers amenities like a clubhouse, swimming pool, Playground, and basketball courts.

Pricing & home sizes
Size The homes range from 1500 to 3300 SQ ft.The lot sizes are from 40-60 x 120. There are some lots that back up to a preserve or pondview. Most lots will back other properties.
Prices:prices  range from 370K - 550K depending on the model, lot size and location.
Taxes & HOA:Annual HOA & CDD is 2000K Taxes are approx. 4-5K (after the reassessment)

Rentals:A 5 Bedroom home in the area rents for approximately 2700-2900.
There is minimal maintenance as the properties are brand new and comes with a builders one year warranty.

Home Pricing and Models as of 5/15/2022

DR Horton Pricing
Their base price goes by model and there is an additional charge per lot that goes from 7-45K Premium lots like a corner or over the water will be in the range of 30-40K lot charge.
ALLEX 1,504 3 2: $365,990

DARWIN 1,961 3 2.5: $384,990

ELSTON 2,260 4 2.5 : $400,990

ROBIE 2,447 5 3: $406,990

ARIA 1,672 3 2 : $385,990

CALI 1,828 4 2 : $398,990

ENSLEY 2,371 4 3 : $415,990

HAYDEN 2,605 5 3 : 428,990

LAUREL 1,844 3 2 : $391,990

LANTANA 2,045 4 2.5 : $409,990

CORAL 2,756 4 3 : $431,990

HEMINGWAY 2,934 5 3 2 ELEV G: $446,990

HOLDEN 3,313 4 3 2 ELEV G: $461,990

« Last edited by blue eyes on May 16, 2022, 05:57:37 AM »

Author Topic: New Chassidish Community Being Planned in Tampa  (Read 181620 times)

Offline fresar

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: New Chassidish Community Being Planned in Tampa
« Reply #420 on: October 28, 2020, 08:33:28 AM »
CMIIW, but most mosdos rely very heavily on donations. Even if the teachers don't get paid much, you still need facilities and equipment. Those things often get donated in other communities. There are also admin costs in getting a new school set up.

18 kids per class in K-8, with separate classes for boys and girls, means they need 324 kids. That's setting the bar pretty high. It's very doable after a few years, but people need to be prepared to cover those first few years until more people move down.

ETA: Another thing that needs to be taken into account is that you can't pay teachers in FL like you do in NY. All of your teachers will be living in your community, meaning they are paying $25k-30k a year in housing alone. There is no Section 8 covering things. They likely won't qualify for food stamps, and definitely not at NY levels. There are also fewer organizations to help cover the gaps. No gemachs. The teachers need to be paid properly, or the whole community falls apart.

If your living expenses is cut in half, the you don't need to make so much money.
AFAIK, most people don't have section 8 in NYC.

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #421 on: October 28, 2020, 08:35:01 AM »
If your living expenses is cut in half, the you don't need to make so much money.
AFAIK, most people don't have section 8 in NYC.

Which living expenses are cut in half?
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline fresar

• View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 28, 2020, 08:51:38 AM »

Mortgage, Tution, Taxes, Clothing

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #423 on: October 28, 2020, 08:56:46 AM »
Mortgage, Tution, Taxes, Clothing

I'm not following. You're saying that the average teacher will pay less in housing, tuition, taxes, and clothing in which place?

Offline YoelFried

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 28, 2020, 09:00:56 AM »
In ny. Alot of people morgatge / rent is more then 50% of their household income, both parents working.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #425 on: October 28, 2020, 09:06:26 AM »
In ny. Alot of people morgatge / rent is more then 50% of their household income, both parents working.

I'm not talking about people in general. Specifically teachers. How many of them are paying $30k a year in housing right now? How much are they paying in tuition in NY? Mosdos in NY get away with paying them very little for a reason.

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #426 on: October 28, 2020, 09:15:21 AM »
AND BIGGEST GAIN............... $500 OFF MONTHLY TUITION PER CHILD.....   
FL  $1900 a month mortgage
Lakewood $2400 mortgage+$500 Tuition Per child+a bathtub+playroom
Once you calculate for how much higher tuition is this will not even pay for the higher cost of milk of there are any savings at all.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Online avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 28, 2020, 09:16:46 AM »
I'm not talking about people in general. Specifically teachers. How many of them are paying $30k a year in housing right now? How much are they paying in tuition in NY? Mosdos in NY get away with paying them very little for a reason.
In NY, you can barely get a 1BR apartment for 30k/year.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Online Joel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #428 on: October 28, 2020, 09:37:21 AM »
For 30k 2 bedroom not 1

Online avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 28, 2020, 09:38:24 AM »
For 30k 2 bedroom not 1
Point still stands.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline fresar

• View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 28, 2020, 10:14:27 AM »

If they live in nyc they pay 3k a month, most teachers have big families. If they live in Monsey and probably owe a home it’s closer to 4K

in FL housing payment is $24000 It’s almost half then in NY, and you don’t need to dress your kids in the most expensive clothing

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 28, 2020, 10:30:34 AM »
For 30k 2 bedroom not 1
Point still stands.

The point it, if you average all the teachers' housing expenses, you probably won't come up to $30k. You have single teachers, newly married teachers, teachers in rent-controlled or subsidized housing, and Section 8 housing. None of that is available in this community.

People underestimate the amount of tzedaka that is given in NY communities to help keep them afloat. The #1 biggest struggle of any new community will be filling those gaps. Unless the community is being backed by people of means, it will be a huge struggle, and one that will be hard to predict or quantify.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #432 on: October 28, 2020, 10:32:35 AM »
If they live in nyc they pay 3k a month, most teachers have big families. If they live in Monsey and probably owe a home it’s closer to 4K

in FL housing payment is $24000 It’s almost half then in NY, and you don’t need to dress your kids in the most expensive clothing

How it the average teacher paying between $3-4k a month in housing? Where is the money coming from?

Offline YoelFried

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: October 28, 2020, 10:35:55 AM »
The point it, if you average all the teachers' housing expenses, you probably won't come up to $30k. You have single teachers, newly married teachers, teachers in rent-controlled or subsidized housing, and Section 8 housing. None of that is available in this community.

People underestimate the amount of tzedaka that is given in NY communities to help keep them afloat. The #1 biggest struggle of any new community will be filling those gaps. Unless the community is being backed by people of means, it will be a huge struggle, and one that will be hard to predict or quantify.
[mention]Lurker [/mention] I think you are over estimating the help people in ny get from government and organizations. Out of my circle in bais medrash I don't know anyone having section 8.

What most people are stuck is with Medicaid, that I assume that it's doable in Florida as well. But most people don't take fs as in the previous years.

Offline YoelFried

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: October 28, 2020, 10:38:10 AM »
How it the average teacher paying between $3-4k a month in housing? Where is the money coming from?
Alot of the chasidish homes, both parents are working as I pointed out earlier. Sometimes it's only a side hustle, like selling fake jewelry, kids clothing etc. Sometimes the wife is working and the husband thats in kollel gets a tutor job etc.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #435 on: October 28, 2020, 10:41:33 AM »
[mention]Lurker [/mention] I think you are over estimating the help people in ny get from government and organizations. Out of my circle in bais medrash I don't know anyone having section 8.

What most people are stuck is with Medicaid, that I assume that it's doable in Florida as well. But most people don't take fs as in the previous years.

You don't need everyone to be getting free stuff. All you need is a some teachers who you can pay less to in order to spread the little you have. Here, every single teacher is paying a minimum of $25k a year in housing. I don't think you have a single school in NY where you can say that.

Offline mendyt

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: October 28, 2020, 10:52:46 AM »
CMIIW, but most mosdos rely very heavily on donations. Even if the teachers don't get paid much, you still need facilities and equipment. Those things often get donated in other communities. There are also admin costs in getting a new school set up.

18 kids per class in K-8, with separate classes for boys and girls, means they need 324 kids. That's setting the bar pretty high. It's very doable after a few years, but people need to be prepared to cover those first few years until more people move down.

ETA: Another thing that needs to be taken into account is that you can't pay teachers in FL like you do in NY. All of your teachers will be living in your community, meaning they are paying $25k-30k a year in housing alone. There is no Section 8 covering things. They likely won't qualify for food stamps, and definitely not at NY levels. There are also fewer organizations to help cover the gaps. No gemachs. The teachers need to be paid properly, or the whole community falls apart.
I agree that they need to get paid more for lots of reasons!
Look at melamdim in chasidish Mosdos, some are sooo unqualified,  and its happening because the younger generation almost doesn't have section 8 and no one can live with those pay checks.
I really don't know how they ran the numbers but don't forget he is a adding 30K per house for infrastructure, so the buildings should be paid off, and when talking about chasidim, it's not hard at all to reach this number.
I live in a ghetto of 18 Families, 9 are younger couples and still there are more than 120 kids here.

I personally don't think tuition will be completely free, and for sure not the first 2-3 years, but I'm sure it will be way less than NY

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #437 on: October 28, 2020, 10:58:35 AM »
I'm not trying to be difficult or make as if everyone in NY is living on handouts. I live in a community with less than 250 families. We don't have a lot of wealthy people here. Most are lower middle class. These are struggles I am involved in on a regular basis. The shul needs to be paid for. The school needs to be paid for. People need help from time to time. These are things the average person moving out has never had to deal with. If you can't pay the teachers enough to live, you have no teachers and then no school.

Offline Chapshnell

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Skypesos, AA Shilling, AS Pounds.
« Reply #438 on: October 28, 2020, 11:01:00 AM »

Offline Chapshnell

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Skypesos, AA Shilling, AS Pounds.
« Reply #439 on: October 28, 2020, 11:01:20 AM »