Author Topic: venmo  (Read 122944 times)

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Re: venmo
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2011, 02:22:39 PM »
3.6 - Refused and Refunded Transactions.

When you send money, the recipient is not required to accept it. You agree that you will not hold Venmo liable for any damages resulting from a recipient’s decision not to accept a payment made through the Service. We will return any unclaimed, refunded or denied payment within 30 Days of the date you initiate payment. If a payment is unclaimed, denied or refunded for any reason, we will return the money to your Balance or to the original payment source.

Yes, that is the official time. I was asking how long it was in his experience after rejection.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline TC610

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2011, 02:29:40 PM »
You can't accept venmo funds until youhave a verified bank acct howvere if u send to someone and he doesn't accept it it gets cancelled ur cc is Charged and the money is placed in your own venmo acct then u can withdraw it to ur bank.

I don't think a recipient can specifically accept/deny a Venmo payment if the recipient has an active Venmo account.  IME all successful transfers are put in to the recipient's account without having to accept/deny.  The only recourse a recipient would have to "refuse" a payment is to send you the money back.  (exception: sending to an e-mail address or phone number that hasn't registered with Venmo).  Source: https://help.venmo.com/customer/portal/articles/13710-i-sent-money-to-a-new-user-and-it-was-never-claimed

How long till it gets "cancelled?"
3.6 - Refused and Refunded Transactions.

When you send money, the recipient is not required to accept it. You agree that you will not hold Venmo liable for any damages resulting from a recipient’s decision not to accept a payment made through the Service. We will return any unclaimed, refunded or denied payment within 30 Days of the date you initiate payment. If a payment is unclaimed, denied or refunded for any reason, we will return the money to your Balance or to the original payment source.

On my first Venmo flub, I had to contact Venmo to have them cancel the transaction for me (I sent money to an account I couldn't access properly).  It took about 2 days with Venmo to get back to my Venmo account...but yes according to HelpMe/T&C's, if you did nothing I would guess it would come back to you in 30 days.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 02:39:35 PM by TC610 »

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2011, 02:47:59 PM »
If you send to someone, before he accepts it (like if you send to an email address that's not registered) it let's you (only on the website, not the iOS app) cancel it (go to recent payments you can cancel or remind the receiver) & the money gets to your venmo acct immediately.
You get an email saying Venmo sent you money on venmo.   For refund...
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline TC610

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2011, 02:54:54 PM »
If you send to someone, before he accepts it (like if you send to an email address that's not registered) it let's you (only on the website, not the iOS app) cancel it (go to recent payments you can cancel or remind the receiver) & the money gets to your venmo acct immediately.
You get an email saying Venmo sent you money on venmo.   For refund...

I don't think a recipient can specifically accept/deny a Venmo payment if the recipient has an active Venmo account.
...(exception: sending to an e-mail address or phone number that hasn't registered with Venmo).
...  Source: https://help.venmo.com/customer/portal/articles/13710-i-sent-money-to-a-new-user-and-it-was-never-claimed

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2011, 02:56:46 PM »
Unless you the receiver 'trust'ed you he has to approve it. Until then you can cancel. At least that's how I understood the 'trust' function.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline TC610

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2011, 03:03:04 PM »
Unless you the receiver 'trust'ed you he has to approve it. Until then you can cancel. At least that's how I understood the 'trust' function.

Gotcha.  I don't think that's correct though.

From the link I posted:
At this time, there is no way to cancel payments that have been made to users already on Venmo.  These payments will not show up in the Pending Payments page, nor will charges with users who trust each other.

Trusts are used to charge someone and have Venmo automatically deduct from their account without them approving the charge.  Trusts have no bearing when sending money to someone.

https://help.venmo.com/customer/portal/articles/13711-how-and-why-to-use-trust-

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2011, 03:07:35 PM »
If it doesn't show up on the pending payment page then you won't be able to cancel. Don't have experience with that.
But you can just send to a phone number/email acct of yourself that isn't registered.

Offline Thingywingy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2011, 03:23:28 PM »
For Venmo, IIRC, it depends on how you opt to do the bank account verification.
When I tried to verify my bank account using my bank's username/password, I was told that the names on the accounts didn't match.  I then tried to do a verification using the two small deposit method and it worked.
Before you send money, make sure the recipient has a way to withdraw funds out of the account before you transfer funds to it.  Although I suppose if the recipient couldn't withdraw the funds he could just transfer the money back to you.
Had same experience where I counldnt verify using username and password. Just did with 2 small deposits. Downside is it took few days.
I am sometimes accused of overthinking things. I am still mulling over whether that accusation has merit.

Offline YG

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2011, 05:13:44 PM »
is there any sort of uniformity with how long it takes Venmo to invite you once you register to be put on the waiting list?

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2011, 05:16:31 PM »
is there any sort of uniformity with how long it takes Venmo to invite you once you register to be put on the waiting list?
pm your email & Ill send u an invite (tomorrow)

Offline TC610

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2011, 05:19:56 PM »
For anyone who doesn't want to wait and has a smartphone, download the Venmo app and you should be able to register without waiting (at least you could a few days ago)

Offline gozalim

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2011, 05:38:00 PM »
pm your email & Ill send u an invite (tomorrow)
u don't need his email. on the website in your account on the right side is an invite link which you could pm him

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2011, 05:47:16 PM »
Don't want to post my own link as it contains my name, but here is an invitation from @venmo https://venmo.com/i/iqram.D.bby YG- lemme know if this works for you.

Offline YG

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2011, 05:48:19 PM »
When you give routing and account numbers of a checking account to withdraw money from an Amazon Payments account, do they see the name on the bank account, or do they just work with the numbers?

ie, if reuven's name is on the CC and the venmo/AP account that is making the payment, Shimon's name is on the recipient venmo/AP account, but the money is being withdrawn into a checking account with reuvens name, will they see that its in his name?

For Venmo, IIRC, it depends on how you opt to do the bank account verification.
When I tried to verify my bank account using my bank's username/password, I was told that the names on the accounts didn't match.  I then tried to do a verification using the two small deposit method and it worked.

I know its technically OT, but any ideas about savings/checking acct name having to match user account name for AP??

Offline YG

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2011, 05:51:44 PM »
YG- lemme know if this works for you.

BINGO!   
:D
Thank you much!

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2011, 05:54:21 PM »
BINGO!   
:D
Thank you much!
np another example of how usefull Twitter is.

Offline sawlw

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2011, 07:02:41 PM »
Can someone plz post an .apk  ?
Can't download in israel!
Thx

Offline sawlw

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2011, 07:11:44 PM »
Link not letting me sign up, only wait list!  >:(

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2011, 07:31:36 PM »
Link not letting me sign up, only wait list!  >:(
If you have an Israeli IP u can't access Venmo at all except for the iOS app and u don't need a link there

Offline Thingywingy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2011, 08:33:21 PM »
I got a freeze and supplied id and pics of CC on acount and was unfrozen. Do I have to be ecspecially carefull now? They did not reduce limit at all. Phew!
I am sometimes accused of overthinking things. I am still mulling over whether that accusation has merit.