Author Topic: United - Purchase ticket with Electronic Flight Certificate and then cancel?  (Read 625 times)

Offline JackM

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
My Israeli daughter possibly will be able to visit us for the upcoming chagim.

I have a United electronic flight certificate (from when she was supposed to come visit for Pesach!) and I can get a flight now on United for $788 which is covered totally by my certificate, and I think at that price it's likely the fares will only go up.

It seems to me I have nothing to lose by using the certificate right now to make her a reservation, even though it's not certain yet that she's coming at all. If she doesn't end up coming, can't I just cancel the ticket and get back my certificate?

Is that right, or am I missing something?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Correct.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Danlover111

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
My Israeli daughter possibly will be able to visit us for the upcoming chagim.

I have a United electronic flight certificate (from when she was supposed to come visit for Pesach!) and I can get a flight now on United for $788 which is covered totally by my certificate, and I think at that price it's likely the fares will only go up.

It seems to me I have nothing to lose by using the certificate right now to make her a reservation, even though it's not certain yet that she's coming at all. If she doesn't end up coming, can't I just cancel the ticket and get back my certificate?

Is that right, or am I missing something?
it may take up to 20 days to get it back