Author Topic: Car Rentals: What Did You Reserve, What Did You Get?  (Read 314283 times)

Offline Columbiadorm

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive Elite, Delta Silver Medallion, SPG Gold
Re: Car Rentals: What Did You Reserve, What Did You Get?
« Reply #260 on: August 08, 2012, 10:33:48 AM »
I am writing this before I fly out later today. I will be landing in FLL a little before midnight. I have 3 RSVPs at this time, please let me know which company i should rent from:

The rentals will be from Wednesday eve until Tuesday am = 6 days. I didn't really use any coupons, so if you have some for me I'd appreciate it.

Avis - Presidents Club
Midsize
$264.47

National reserved via Enterprise - Executive Elite Emerald Club
Midsize
$240.77. They told me to remind them at the counter to add on  the USAA discount (ALNCGEN) which is %5 = -12 = $228

Hertz - Presidents Circle Gold
Nissan Altima 2-door or similar
$254.41

Aside from the $14-24 difference, where do I have the best chance to get  the best car/upgrade with my status? Anyone have a free day coupon or a free weekend day? What if i officially rent it for a week, get a discount, then drop it off early?

ty

Offline Yeki89

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 08, 2012, 10:42:34 AM »
I wud go for the cheaest, unless you want 5k miles with Avis using this code MUAA035

Offline doodley

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 08, 2012, 10:45:37 AM »
I am writing this before I fly out later today. I will be landing in FLL a little before midnight. I have 3 RSVPs at this time, please let me know which company i should rent from:

The rentals will be from Wednesday eve until Tuesday am = 6 days. I didn't really use any coupons, so if you have some for me I'd appreciate it.

Avis - Presidents Club
Midsize
$264.47.    I would go to enterprise in FLL because when you finish at the desk and go to pick your car if you could flirt(give a $20) with the worker in the lot he will probabaly offer you any car in the lot... P.S. I just did this 2 weeks ago there and got a mustang convertible

Midsize
$240.77. They told me to remind them at the counter to add on  the USAA discount (ALNCGEN) which is %5 = -12 = $228

$254.41

Aside from the $14-24 difference, where do I have the best chance to get  the best car/upgrade with my status? Anyone have a free day coupon or a free weekend day? What if i officially rent it for a week, get a discount, then drop it off early?

ty
   I would go to enterprise in FLL because when you finish at the desk and go to pick your car if you could flirt(give a $20) with the worker in the lot he will probabaly offer you any car in the lot... P.S. I just did this 2 weeks ago there and got a mustang convertible

Offline Yeki89

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 08, 2012, 10:51:36 AM »
nice!

Offline A3

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 08, 2012, 10:57:26 AM »

Avis - Presidents Club
Midsize
$264.47

Midsize

$254.41

ty

Welcome to FLL, shame my brother in law will be returning his Infinity M#& to Aventura not FLL, other wise you can try for that as presidents club.

Enjoy your stay ungi lungi

Offline creditor

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Car Rentals: What Did You Reserve, What Did You Get?
« Reply #265 on: August 08, 2012, 11:06:55 AM »

Avis - Presidents Club
Midsize
$264.47

Midsize

$254.41

ty
I vote: 1 national   2 avis  3Hertz
avis `officially’ won't upgrade more then two classes [although people do have luck with it ] while national you might find more then a 2 class upgrd on the eisle. and as yeki98 pointed it the cheast on the list
I'm just say'in©®

Offline SGF

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz President Circle
« Reply #266 on: August 08, 2012, 12:18:07 PM »

Avis - Presidents Club
Midsize
$264.47

Midsize

$254.41

ty
hertz you can call and add PC 168210 to get you $30 off your rental just have in mind that officially PC only gets upgraded till premium and if they have gold chice its easy to convince the guy to upgrade you to a better car

Offline DrDanny

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 08, 2012, 03:43:11 PM »

Avis - Presidents Club
Midsize
$264.47

Midsize

$254.41

ty
With national in DTW I take whatever car I want and I have not yet had anyone tell me anything (even a full size suburban and a infinity under 21)
I'm EE

Offline Columbiadorm

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive Elite, Delta Silver Medallion, SPG Gold
« Reply #268 on: August 08, 2012, 04:20:04 PM »

Avis - Presidents Club
Midsize
$264.47

Midsize

$254.41

I am updating once again:

Called Hertz and told them Avis beat their price to see if there was anything they could do for me, they gave me a $25 coupon. new total is:254-25=$229

Called Avis and told them they were beat by a Hertz, she gave me a free award day, after all said and done it now saves me $46. new total is $218

National didn't want to give me anything.. they remain at the original cheapest $228

Welcome to FLL, shame my brother in law will be returning his Infinity M#& to Aventura not FLL, other wise you can try for that as presidents club.

Enjoy your stay ungi lungi
Thanks A3 :)

Offline A3

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 08, 2012, 04:22:29 PM »
I am updating once again:

Called Hertz and told them Avis beat their price to see if there was anything they could do for me, they gave me a $25 coupon. new total is:254-25=$229

Called Avis and told them they were beat by a Hertz, she gave me a free award day, after all said and done it now saves me $46. new total is $218

National didn't want to give me anything.. they remain at the original cheapest $228
Thanks A3 :)

IDK what your plan is but I still have beer left over from the Shalom zochor.. Nd a couple cigars

Offline Columbiadorm

• View Profile
« Reply #270 on: August 08, 2012, 04:23:14 PM »
IDK what your plan is but I still have beer left over from the Shalom zochor.. Nd a couple cigars

pm sent

Offline yehuda S

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 08, 2012, 04:26:25 PM »
Tel Aviv at Budget:

14 days, got a brand new Hyundai Elantra

Sapphire World MasterCard covered Liability Ins.

Cost: $10 per day.
Work is what you do between vacations.

Offline DrDanny

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 08, 2012, 04:28:57 PM »
Tel Aviv at Budget:

Wow, how did you get that?

Offline Jkhein

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 08, 2012, 04:29:41 PM »
Tel Aviv at Budget:

They did not add on li??

Offline yehuda S

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 08, 2012, 04:34:05 PM »
They did not add on li??
I had to pay for one of the insurances- I forget which one- which about doubled the price but from my research there was no way around that one.

I booked it very early (about 5 months) so that is prob why I got such a great deal.

Offline ahecht37

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 08, 2012, 04:34:34 PM »
hertz you can call and add PC 168210 to get you $30 off your rental just have in mind that officially PC only gets upgraded till premium and if they have gold chice its easy to convince the guy to upgrade you to a better car
With my experience as 5 star you don't get unbeleivable upgrades unless you are/become friendly with them, when I rented consistently at local editions I would reserve compacts and would get at least a fullsize if not an suv, however in airports or "new" hle's I would only get one or two levels up

Offline Jkhein

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 08, 2012, 04:40:01 PM »
I had to pay for one of the insurances- I forget which one- which about doubled the price but from my research there was no way around that one.

I booked it very early (about 5 months) so that is prob why I got such a great deal.
So in other words the total was not $10?

Offline yehuda S

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 08, 2012, 04:43:57 PM »
So in other words the total was not $10?

Ok - If you insist  :D the total All fees and insurance included which I had to pay, came out to $22 a day. When you minus the mandatory  insurance, it came out to $10/day.

Offline creditor

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 08, 2012, 06:34:33 PM »
Ok - If you insist  :D the total All fees and insurance included which I had to pay, came out to $22 a day. When you minus the mandatory  insurance, it came out to $10/day.
amazing amazing but how come you didnt have to pay LI ?
I'm just say'in©®

Offline yehuda S

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 08, 2012, 09:39:57 PM »
amazing amazing but how come you didnt have to pay LI ?
That was included in the $22