Author Topic: Car Rentals: What Did You Reserve, What Did You Get?  (Read 316889 times)

Offline Cbs

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: HHonors Gold, Delta Diamond Medallion, AA Platinum Pro
Re: Car Rentals: What Did You Reserve, What Did You Get?
« Reply #420 on: January 30, 2013, 12:23:32 AM »
Company:Hertz
Pickup: MIA
Drop off: MCO
Dates: 1/20 - 1/23
Reserved: Convertible
Received: Chevy Camaro Convertible
Price: $162.38
Coupon used: Booked via Hertz France + used a PC for 20% off international. Rate included LDW & LIS
Nice I love the Chevy camaro especially convertible.
I just got with Hertz PC a infinity g37x while reserving a premium with a free day coupon I had.

Offline DrDanny

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: January 30, 2013, 12:40:52 AM »
I just reserved a premium this weekend at MIA with points and got a 2 door Cadillac CTS  - didn't even know they had those

Offline Saver2000

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: January 30, 2013, 12:49:31 AM »
I just reserved a premium this weekend at MIA with points and got a 2 door Cadillac CTS  - didn't even know they had those
I'm guessing with Hertz?

Offline DrDanny

• View Profile
« Reply #423 on: January 30, 2013, 12:54:20 AM »

Offline jmansour

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: January 30, 2013, 01:53:00 AM »
Rented this past wknd from LAX from avis 3 days $90 for a intermediate class, got a chrysler m200. Im avis first.

Offline ash

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: January 30, 2013, 02:31:44 AM »
I rented from MCO for three days from Avis< I reserved a midsize and I got a Dodge Challenger paid $118 I am a preferred

Offline Cbs

• View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 30, 2013, 05:39:52 AM »
I had a stopover in Mia last week and reserved a premium with points and got a Cadillac ATS 2013. Awesome car.

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: January 30, 2013, 08:22:24 AM »
I had a stopover in Mia last week and reserved a premium with points and got a Cadillac ATS 2013. Awesome car.

Which points did you use?
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline Cbs

• View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 30, 2013, 08:32:02 AM »

Offline MamaRochel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Re: Car Rentals: What Did You Reserve, What Did You Get?
« Reply #429 on: January 30, 2013, 02:15:47 PM »
+1
The code 185301 lots of times it will say it cannot work online but after you go to the next page and then modify it then it does work.
I paid $20 for a car yesterday for 1 day incl. Liability

which company is this code for? and what is the best code for me to use?looking for a car in fll. Would priceline come out cheaper?

Offline yanks23321

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: January 30, 2013, 05:19:19 PM »
Company: National
Dates: 01/23-01/29
Reserved: Standard
Received: 2013 GMC Terrain
Price: $103.46-5.17 (discount code) +tax & fees=$162.95
Coupon used: Used corporate code (in my reservation it says Hilton Hhonors, and I think a 5% code.)

I had a very good experience with National, start to finish, quick and smooth.

Getting to the car rental area was very annoying, I left my wife and one of sons with the luggage in the airport terminal and took my other son (the 4 yr old) with me. I think it took about 15-20 minutes to get there. You have to go on a bunch of moving walkways and then you finally get to a shuttle that takes you to the rental area. Anyone that has to take their luggage with them makes the process that much harder. My son was a real trooper about the walk/run (it was late and didn't want my wife to have to wait). At one point he said "abba why do we have to walk so much my feet are getting tired". (Mind you this is at 10:30pm).

Once we got there though, it was a breeze, I saw there was no line (no one) by national (I came equipped with a bunch of reservations, sixt, hertz, enterprise, and national), so I went up to the counter gave them my reservation and she told me to go down to the 1st floor. When I went to the 1st floor I gave my reservation papers to someone there and he told me to go pick any car in the second row (since I am an emerald member). I asked someone there to help me choose the best car and got a 2013 GMC terrian, which fit my wife and two kids with car seats and our luggage and double carriage comfortably. I forgot to bring my son's booster and she was nice of enough to give me a booster with charging and just told me to bring it back after I pick up my wife and drop it off with anyone by the exit. The drive was comfortable and in 6 days I only used half a tank. (it had a eco setting not sure if that had anything to do with it).

Upon returning the car I was going to drop my wife and kids off by the terminal so they don't have to do the long walk and shuttle, but missed the Delta terminal and was going to go around when we decided to see if they would drive us to the airport. Lucky for me when I got there I asked one of the agents and he kindly told us that he could take us. Also I was supposed to fill up the car to full (as I opted out of the fill up service they offer when you first rent the car) and sadly waited till the last minute so when I got to National I had only a half a tank, when I told him that I didn't fill up the tank, he calculated the gas and told me he has to charge me their rate which is $5.08 per galleon (so it came out to $45), I had no choice and told him okay, but then he told me to give him a minute and when he came back to take us he said since we were a nice family and didn't complain, he gave me a discount on the gas. (I can't tell you how much since it's not the norm at all, so I wouldn't recommend taking the chance, and please don't quote me because it was totally unofficial, better fill up before, I just got lucky). He took us to the terminal and even helped with the bags so I tipped him for all his help and kindness.

All in all I had a very good experience and was very happy with the service. I hope this wasn't a fluke and look forward to renting in the future from them.

Offline Saver2000

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: January 30, 2013, 05:31:42 PM »
@Yanks
Nice report! 

You used a half a tank in 6 days?  :o
How many miles did you (not) drive?

Offline mclovin

• View Profile
« Reply #432 on: January 30, 2013, 05:35:52 PM »
@Yanks
Nice report! 

half tank is 9 gallons at prob around 23 mpg = 207 miles

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #433 on: January 30, 2013, 05:40:51 PM »
Company: National
Dates: 01/23-01/29
Reserved: Standard
Received: 2013 GMC Terrain
Price: $103.46-5.17 (discount code) +tax & fees=$162.95
Coupon used: Used corporate code (in my reservation it says Hilton Hhonors, and I think a 5% code.)

I had a very good experience with National, start to finish, quick and smooth.

Getting to the car rental area was very annoying, I left my wife and one of sons with the luggage in the airport terminal and took my other son (the 4 yr old) with me. I think it took about 15-20 minutes to get there. You have to go on a bunch of moving walkways and then you finally get to a shuttle that takes you to the rental area. Anyone that has to take their luggage with them makes the process that much harder. My son was a real trooper about the walk/run (it was late and didn't want my wife to have to wait). At one point he said "abba why do we have to walk so much my feet are getting tired". (Mind you this is at 10:30pm).

Once we got there though, it was a breeze, I saw there was no line (no one) by national (I came equipped with a bunch of reservations, sixt, hertz, enterprise, and national), so I went up to the counter gave them my reservation and she told me to go down to the 1st floor. When I went to the 1st floor I gave my reservation papers to someone there and he told me to go pick any car in the second row (since I am an emerald member). I asked someone there to help me choose the best car and got a 2013 GMC terrian, which fit my wife and two kids with car seats and our luggage and double carriage comfortably. I forgot to bring my son's booster and she was nice of enough to give me a booster with charging and just told me to bring it back after I pick up my wife and drop it off with anyone by the exit. The drive was comfortable and in 6 days I only used half a tank. (it had a eco setting not sure if that had anything to do with it).

Upon returning the car I was going to drop my wife and kids off by the terminal so they don't have to do the long walk and shuttle, but missed the Delta terminal and was going to go around when we decided to see if they would drive us to the airport. Lucky for me when I got there I asked one of the agents and he kindly told us that he could take us. Also I was supposed to fill up the car to full (as I opted out of the fill up service they offer when you first rent the car) and sadly waited till the last minute so when I got to National I had only a half a tank, when I told him that I didn't fill up the tank, he calculated the gas and told me he has to charge me their rate which is $5.08 per galleon (so it came out to $45), I had no choice and told him okay, but then he told me to give him a minute and when he came back to take us he said since we were a nice family and didn't complain, he gave me a discount on the gas. (I can't tell you how much since it's not the norm at all, so I wouldn't recommend taking the chance, and please don't quote me because it was totally unofficial, better fill up before, I just got lucky). He took us to the terminal and even helped with the bags so I tipped him for all his help and kindness.

All in all I had a very good experience and was very happy with the service. I hope this wasn't a fluke and look forward to renting in the future from them.

If you were executive all you do is pick a car and drive off the lot.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline yanks23321

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: January 30, 2013, 08:46:40 PM »
@Yanks
Nice report! 

Thank you, figured why not give back to the forum and let someone else have an easier time deciding car rental companies.

Yep half a tank, we mainly did the beach and pool everyday and went out to eat locally with the one trip to bayside. The rental agreement says I drove 122 miles so it comes out to about 14 miles per galleon, I think. It was worth it even for the local driving because we have two car seats and having to carry them every time we wanted to go somewhere would've been crazy.

If you were executive all you do is pick a car and drive off the lot.

I am an executive member, I got it as a status match, how do I modify my post to show that?
I was able to do that I just asked someone to help me since it was the first time using national.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 08:53:53 PM by yanks23321 »

Offline dginz

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz #1 Five Star
« Reply #435 on: February 02, 2013, 10:42:16 PM »
Company: Hertz
Dates: 1/23-1/31
Reserved: Full size
Received: Ford Fusion switched for Buick Lacrosse 2013
Price: $80
Coupon used: 185301

The manager from the location dropped off the car for me at MIA and changed my reservation to drop off at MIA waiving the drop fee.

Offline plainbachur

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 02, 2013, 10:44:25 PM »
Company: Hertz
Dates:2/1-2/3
Reserved: economy
Received: Ford Fusion

Offline chuchem

• View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 03, 2013, 10:59:48 AM »
Zrh airport
Sixt diamond
80 dollars a day
Rented a sdmr ( vw passat...)
Got a audi a8

Offline DrDanny

• View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 03, 2013, 03:08:59 PM »
Zrh airport
Sixt diamond
80 dollars a day
Rented a sdmr ( vw passat...)
Got a audi a8
Nice, wish Hertz in the USA had some of those

Offline chuchem

• View Profile
« Reply #439 on: February 03, 2013, 04:54:07 PM »
I know... In the us, they think a cts is a luxury car, while in europe i get to pick between a audi a8, bmw750 or merc s350. On my last rentals, i had all of them and can say, that the bmw750 wins

Sixt slowly getting into the us market will hopefully mean better cars.

In miami i got upgraded to the mercedes e350 convertible, finally a decent car in the us from a rental place

Hope they will open soon in ny