Author Topic: Stella Immanuel Asks Why We Don't Prescribe Prophylactic Hydroxychloroquine  (Read 2099 times)

Offline thaber

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
My four cents -
1) anyone who goes off the rails like that shouldn't be listened to. There's clear issues. Sentence by sentence her speech made no sense.
2) HCQ advocates run in the same circles as anti vaxxers.
3) a treatment doesn't preclude the need for a vaccine at all. So no reason for conspiracy theories.
4) plenty of dubious stuff about zelenko that makes a rational person doubt the veracity of what he says on his say so

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
She should not have said that or that its a cure. But I think its obvious that she meant that the masks wouldnt be necessary to the extent that the world is making it out to be if there is an easy and cheap remedy to the virus. The same way nobody healthy wore masks for basically anything else before corona. BTW, Dr Fauci said the same thing about masks a little while back ;)

To your other pints, the ICU is deifferent obviously. Nobody ever walks into the ICU without PPE, before COvid also. Regarding the drugs, I totally get what youre saying and I am not doubting that. But if there is a new Covid drug released my understanding is that no generic drugs can be manufactured on it until the patent expires on it, no? Wouldnt that give bug pharma an incentive to squash HCQ? I dont know, I am asking not to doubt you, just because I want to know.

Out of curiosity, as a dr, what is your personal opinion on HCQ?

Question for you: didn't she say enough that isn't true to make you doubt the veracity of her whole statement?

Also, given what we are seeing with our own eyes, in addition to studies, regarding longer-term effects of the infection, why would you say that a treatment protocol to avoid death would preclude wearing a mask to avoid getting the virus to begin with?
Tick tock

Online ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Tweets, Pictures, And Videos That Are Coronavirus Related
« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2020, 11:28:41 PM »
waiting for the thread split....

Amazing how I post a video that I barely watched, not because I have formulated any opinion of it, but mostly for the style and accent of the speaker, gets pruned and grafted to become a thread that I started with a name I never heard of (and a video that was taken down), and the poor cat with my question derived from it gets dragged along for the ride.  ::)

Must have had something to do with memory getting erased.   ;)
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Mikes@Micro

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Amazing how I post a video that I barely watched
I love the way DDF sometimes spins out of control. Way out of control.
Quote or engagement  equals full throated endorsement and vote!
H/t PinchosL

Offline Lamppost

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
My four cents -
1) anyone who goes off the rails like that shouldn't be listened to. There's clear issues. Sentence by sentence her speech made no sense.
2) HCQ advocates run in the same circles as anti vaxxers.
3) a treatment doesn't preclude the need for a vaccine at all. So no reason for conspiracy theories.
4) plenty of dubious stuff about zelenko that makes a rational person doubt the veracity of what he says on his say so

1) Her speech made sense to me. Now I think that theres plenty of other reasons not to listen to her. She is quite sketchy. But should we throw out the baby with the bathwater? Im not sure. BTW I do belive in wearing masks in general but I am open to the possibilty that were all being mindless sheep
2) 100% False. I am not an anti vaxxer by any stech of the mind. I am quite pro vaxxing. But we dont have a Covid vaccine. So the outright hatred of a very safe and well known drug that has been shown anecdotal evidence to be effective just bc its promoted by Trump seems a bit odd.
3) I agree with you I am not saying not to develop a vaccine. But to keep the world grounded until then bc HCQ is "the enemy" is crazy. Re conspiracy theories, I can think of dozens of anti trump stories that were retracted so basically anything can be a conspiracy theory. Is the Russia collusion a conspiracy theory? Are the Covington kids being the victims conspiracy theories? Is Ukraine a conspiracy theory? Jesse Smollet? You cant trust anything anymore. Not that everythibg the MSM says is false but theres a very clear agenda and teh mistakes only go one way. They themselves admit it!!
4) I am not familair with Zelenkos history so I cant comment on that.

In short I want everyone to be healthy just like everyone else. I have just seen enough propaganda about everything Trump supports to make me doubt anything the MSM says. Thats unfortunate, but thats what it has come to. The study you show me today is discredited tomorrow. In the meantime Zelnko and Immanuels patients are recovering better than anyone else
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 11:57:11 PM by Lamppost »

Offline Lamppost

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
I love the way DDF sometimes spins out of control. Way out of control.

;D Yup, I hardly ever post anything here and I am getting all caught up! Its crazy. These conversations are such a waste of time bc nobody really knows a thing. Its all speculation about stuff that we really dont know. Nobody knows

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
;D Yup, I hardly ever post anything here and I am getting all caught up! Its crazy. These conversations are such a waste of time bc nobody really knows a thing. Its all speculation about stuff that we really dont know. Nobody knows

And therein lies the line between the two sides IMHO. It's not pro Trump vs anti Trump, it's not pro vax vs anti vax, nor is it R vs D. It's those that are willing to acknowledge human shortcomings and try to do the right thing within the framework given to us by G-d vs those that insist on human power to control everything sooner or later.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Lamppost

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
And therein lies the line between the two sides IMHO. It's not pro Trump vs anti Trump, it's not pro vax vs anti vax, nor is it R vs D. It's those that are willing to acknowledge human shortcomings and try to do the right thing within the framework given to us by G-d vs those that insist on human power to control everything sooner or later.

You got it! And bc the D's hate trump so much it has become a R vs D issue even though that doesnt make any sense. Everyone wants to be healthy. But thats the world we live in. Sad reality :(

Offline cks33

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile

Scientists know stuff. Like everything else in life there are good scientists and bad scientists. Credentials usually help decipher and seperate  them. Therein lies the major difference between trump fanatics and everyone else. They donít in general believe in science or experts.

Online Jellybelly

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
Scientists know stuff. Like everything else in life there are good scientists and bad scientists. Credentials usually help decipher and seperate  them. Therein lies the major difference between trump fanatics and everyone else. They donít in general believe in science or experts.
Lemme guess, you believe in crimate chlange and the world is ending in 7 yrs
🙄

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile

False. Itís proven science with common sense vs unproven science with now evidence that current science is flawed. Example - masks preventing asymptomatic people from spreading. Proven science over the last few decades said masks are effective at blocking transmission. Common sense says the same thing as well. Fake unproven science claims that corona is different and masks donít help. Thatís why I argued for masks very early despite the fake news from the CDC. The CDC guidance wasnít science. Strangely enough, studies during corona proved that masks work exactly as anyone that believes in science or common sense would expect. Is it hard to imagine that covering your face holes would be a better block of droplets than no covering at all? A 6 year old can tell you that.

HCQ - we have a double blind randomized study among many others showing its ineffective. On the other side, we have anecdotal evidence from a few pediatricians not known for their veracity, claiming they found a miracle cure and corona is over. Proven science says you donít go around proclaiming that corona is over. Proven science also says you donít ban HCQ because itís proven to be safe for decades. But unproven science says political points are worth more so letís ban it.

The parallel between HCQ promoters and anti-vaxxers is very clear. Deny science in the face of unverified anecdotal evidence coming from Drís making statements not rooted in science at all, many of them anti-vaxxers as well.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 08:05:20 AM by yuneeq »

Online CountValentine

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
In Trump we trust.  :)
You're so far up Trump's a** you can see Giuliani's feet.  HT Baruch

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
Lemme guess, you believe in crimate chlange and the world is ending in 7 yrs
🙄

Triggered, much? He said Trump and you decided he's Al Gore?
Tick tock

Online Jellybelly

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
Triggered, much? He said Trump and you decided he's Al Gore?
Not at all. Just trying to prove from climate change that there is reason to be skeptical about science. For the record, I vaccinate and donít usually question my doctors. Iím just trying to say, that I understand people that are skeptical

Offline cks33

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Not at all. Just trying to prove from climate change that there is reason to be skeptical about science. For the record, I vaccinate and donít usually question my doctors. Iím just trying to say, that I understand people that are skeptical

Not sure what you are "trying to prove from climate change".  I am sorry if you are a climate change denier. Vast majority of scientists think its real.  And if the whole world is conspiring to make up climate change, when they can't agree on a vast majority of other things, you must really think climate change has some special factors favoring it. Even countries that don't see eye to eye on most things (China, USA) had come to an agreement to reduce CO2. But , sure, its a left wing conspiracy.