Author Topic: Stella Immanuel Asks Why We Don't Prescribe Prophylactic Hydroxychloroquine  (Read 9054 times)

Online ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
False.

Here's where I think you might be wrong in categorically denying the truth in what I said:

Your post seems to indicate that you're missing my point. I did not give an opinion or make an argument about HCQ or the efficacy of masks. As I believe I've said before, I don't agree with everything that I quote, I often post for to provoke thought, discussion, controversy, critical thinking or just for pure entertainment (just ask @Dan about any post with even the most remote mention of a certain noun starting with a B  ;)). My opinion, which I did post and that you responded to, is that what seems to be drawing the most heated discussion and taking of sides is the "idolization" of science achieved (or achievable) by humans vs. those that will readily acknowledge the inability of humans to understand and grasp everything (which doesn't absolve us from trying to do so). Think of the meaning of תכלית הידיעה שלא נדע.

I've been wanting to post the following story a couple of times, and see how different people would react to it. I will post it here now, and I definitely do acknowledge the differences between that situation and the current one, yet I find value in trying to put oneself into that situation and think honestly about how they would act/react/feel etc. while constantly reflecting on our current situation @Lurker do you want to go first?

https://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/428230/jewish/Hakafot-in-Liozna.htm
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 12:22:00 PM by ExGingi »
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Ergel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
So to summarize, one side says the other side thinks science is infallible.
The other side says, no we don't, but you think that because science is fallible therefore it is meaningless.
Meaning you both claim to hold the same position basically.
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
So to summarize, one side says the other side thinks science is infallible.
The other side says, no we don't, but you think that because science is fallible therefore it is meaningless.
Meaning you both claim to hold the same position basically.

I like your post very much, despite the fact that I disagree with it.
-- Dan

Offline simple26

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
What about this guy ?
“Dr. Harvey Risch, an epidemiology professor at Yale School of Public Health, told Fox News last week that he believes hydroxychloroquine could save 75,000 to 100,000 lives if the drug is widely used to treat coronavirus.”

Offline Ergel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline moish

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
2) HCQ advocates run in the same circles as anti vaxxers.
Completely false
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 04:36:25 PM by moish »

Offline moish

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat

HCQ - we have a double blind randomized study among many others showing its ineffective. On the other side, we have anecdotal evidence from a few pediatricians not known for their veracity, claiming they found a miracle cure and corona is over. Proven science says you don’t go around proclaiming that corona is over. Proven science also says you don’t ban HCQ because it’s proven to be safe for decades. But unproven science says political points are worth more so let’s ban it.

Link? To my knowledge, there has been no double blind study on the efficacy of Zinc+HCQ in the outpatient setting

The Zelenko protocol is more about zinc than about HCQ, which is used here as a zinc ionophore. The studies are focusing on HCQ as a standalone, whereas Zelenko is using it as a delivery system. Theoretically, it could be Zinc+Quercetin.

Offline Kobe Bryant

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
Therein lies the major difference between trump fanatics and everyone else. They don’t in general believe in science or experts.
And your basing this on what exactly? I'm surprised you didn't say Republicans.

Offline Kobe Bryant

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
This is truly a testament, how anyone can have their "15 minuets of fame" if they are willing to do get it at any cost.

Offline avromie7

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Completely false
+1

None of the HCQ advocates I know are anti-vax.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline gozalim

• View Profile
I've been wanting to post the following story a couple of times, and see how different people would react to it. I will post it here now, and I definitely do acknowledge the differences between that situation and the current one, yet I find value in trying to put oneself into that situation and think honestly about how they would act/react/feel etc. while constantly reflecting on our current situation @Lurker do you want to go first?

https://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/428230/jewish/Hakafot-in-Liozna.htm
מי יתן that our greats and leaders (and rabbonim כהן אשר בימיך) would be the voices suggesting celebration
not the "eyes that G-d gave" layman like me and you

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
Can you link to these studies? I looked over this study, and as a layman, i dont see proof of anything except that Covid-19 is not (so) dangerous to the age group tested, and that the virus is not so catchy (?!)

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2016638

A quick (approximate)summary is that they got 800 people (median age=40, half men, half women) who were in close contact with Covid-19 cases. 400 got HCL, 400 placebo. From each group 50 got sick, and there was 1 hospitalization in each group. No deaths in either group.

And i think that the HCQ promoters agree 100% to the study's stated conclusion. They dont say that it will prevent illness, they just say it will prevent deaths.

"CONCLUSIONS
After high-risk or moderate-risk exposure to Covid-19, hydroxychloroquine did not prevent illness compatible with Covid-19 or confirmed infection when used as postexposure prophylaxis within 4 days after exposure."

Don't have time to read this study, but it doesn't seem to be limited to people that actually caught the virus. So from 800 "exposed" people, only 100 people got sick. Does it prove that HCQ doesn't prevent infection, perhaps, but I don't think it was a claim the zelenkos are making.

From what I understand the study is practically useless in determining if infected patients on HCQ are healthier than placebo, as the study group is way too small. You'd only expect a few hospitalizations in 100 people, you need way more than that.

In the following study, they limited it to people that  basically got infected, and came out that there was no statistical significance from taking HCQ - https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M20-4207
Visibly Jewish

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
Link? To my knowledge, there has been no double blind study on the efficacy of Zinc+HCQ in the outpatient setting

The Zelenko protocol is more about zinc than about HCQ, which is used here as a zinc ionophore. The studies are focusing on HCQ as a standalone, whereas Zelenko is using it as a delivery system. Theoretically, it could be Zinc+Quercetin.

Read again, I didn't make a claim about zinc in my post. But now that you mention it, in the following double blind HCQ study, a portion of the group were taking zinc on their own accord, and the study found no statistical benefit.

https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M20-4207

I'm sure it can be studied better, but current evidence is pointing as little usefulness to the zelenko protocol. If in fact it was such a great cure as constantly touted, I would expect to see major noticeable improvements.

Side note: someone mentioned to me that HCQ should work without zinc in many people, as our body produces zinc naturally. Not sure how true this is.
Visibly Jewish

Offline thaber

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Completely false
+1

None of the HCQ advocates I know are anti-vax.
The basis for my comment s an article that stated that It was wildly popularized online in anti vax circles and groups and it spread from there. I have not substantiated myself, but it made sense to me based on the anti establishment tendencies of both groups

ETA: just came across this. Anecdotal Case in point
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 09:13:04 PM by thaber »

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
מי יתן that our greats and leaders (and rabbonim כהן אשר בימיך) would be the voices suggesting celebration
not the "eyes that G-d gave" layman like me and you

As I said
I definitely do acknowledge the differences between that situation and the current one

I'm not expecting anyone to compare that simchas Torah with the current situation. What I am asking is to take one's current knowledge, attitudes and feelings and imagine themselves back then and there, and try to be honest as to what they would hold/feel/do back then.
-- Dan

Online CountValentine

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
Scientists know stuff. Like everything else in life there are good scientists and bad scientists. Credentials usually help decipher and seperate  them. Therein lies the major difference between trump fanatics and everyone else. They don’t in general believe in science or experts.
They believe in science and experts. The problem is they get it from Ripley's Believe It Or Not.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline zh cohen

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
“demonic music has penetrated the souls of our children and programmed them

I'm starting to like this lady

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline YankyDoodle

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)