Author Topic: Realistic vaccine date- end of 2021?  (Read 81662 times)

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
Re: Realistic vaccine date- end of 2021?
« Reply #100 on: November 09, 2020, 10:34:20 AM »
According to the Pfizer executive or spokesperson on WCBS this morning they received the information from an independent review board yesterday afternoon.
Great story, did she have any bridges for sale?
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 09, 2020, 11:33:59 AM »
Keep in mind there are other vaccines almost ready so it's in Pfizers interest to announce their success as soon as possible.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline zh cohen

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 09, 2020, 01:29:48 PM »
Wasn’t this data released by the pharmaceutical companies? You think they prefer a D in the WH?

I think that the fact that they lied today and claimed "we were never part of Warp Speed" is an indication that they are acting politically.

If they delayed the announcement, I think the most likely explanation for why is because they knew that Democrats would attack any results announced before the election making it harder for them to move forward.

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #103 on: November 09, 2020, 01:39:33 PM »
If they delayed the announcement, I think the most likely explanation for why is because they knew that Democrats would attack any results announced before the election making it harder for them to move forward.
+1

Can I just state that while I often disagree with @zh cohen  his analysis is always insightful and often spot on.

👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline yitzgar

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 09, 2020, 01:42:30 PM »
+1

Can I just state that while I often disagree with @zh cohen  his analysis is always insightful and often spot on.

Awwww

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 09, 2020, 01:43:53 PM »
I think that the fact that they lied today and claimed "we were never part of Warp Speed" is an indication that they are acting politically.

I wouldn't say they're acting politically, rather they're maneuvering in a way so that the most Americans will take their vaccine (they make the most money that way). They need to somehow disconnect themselves politically.

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #106 on: November 09, 2020, 02:07:05 PM »

It really was the safest play. Don't let either party politicize your product. Hitch yourself to the winner after it's decided, and let the profits flow.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline zh cohen

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 09, 2020, 02:08:00 PM »
It really was the safest play. Don't let either party politicize your product. Hitch yourself to the winner after it's decided, and let the profits flow.

This interpretation of their motives (which is the most charitable towards Pfizers) means that Joe Biden (and the Democrats) are responsible for delaying the vaccine by making it clear that they would attack any vaccine that came out before the election.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #108 on: November 09, 2020, 02:11:21 PM »
How does lying to avoid giving Trump credit "disconnect themselves politically"?

Even in the most charitable exploring of events, Joe Biden (and the Democrats) are responsible for delaying the announcement of the vaccine by making it clear that they would attack any vaccine that came out before the election.
FTFY

Does the timing of the public announcement impact distribution and approval?

Offline zh cohen

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 09, 2020, 02:11:26 PM »
+1

👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏

Where's the blushing emoji?

Offline zh cohen

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 09, 2020, 02:12:31 PM »
FTFY

Does the timing of the public announcement impact distribution and approval?

Seems like they put off applying for an EUA till today.

Offline Euclid

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 09, 2020, 02:12:47 PM »
How does lying to avoid giving Trump credit "disconnect themselves politically"?

Even in the most charitable exploring of events, Joe Biden (and the Democrats) are responsible for delaying the vaccine by making it clear that they would attack any vaccine that came out before the election.
How did they lie? They were very clear about what Operation Warp Speed was giving them. They're trying to distance themselves politically as much as possible by being transparent about what the government did to help them. In my reading of it it looks like their assumption is that most Americans feel safer with something that was developed completely by the private sector.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #112 on: November 09, 2020, 02:12:54 PM »

Offline zh cohen

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 09, 2020, 02:21:05 PM »
How did they lie? They were very clear about what Operation Warp Speed was giving them.

The head of vaccine development said (to the NY Times I think)"we were not part of Warp Speed." They are now walking back that statement.

It's interesting that the NY Times printed that claim (that was obviously false to anyone with a memory or access to Google).

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #114 on: November 09, 2020, 02:36:50 PM »
Seems like they put off applying for an EUA till today.
I believe that to assure safety they are waiting for there to be 2 full months from when participants received their second dose, which would be next week.

Offline Euclid

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 09, 2020, 02:40:38 PM »
The head of vaccine development said (to the NY Times I think)"we were not part of Warp Speed." They are now walking back that statement.

It's interesting that the NY Times printed that claim (that was obviously false to anyone with a memory or access to Google).
“We were never part of the Warp Speed,” she said in an interview on Sunday. “We have never taken any money from the U.S. government, or from anyone.”
This is the quote I found - this isn't a lie. They still haven't taken any money from the government.

Offline zh cohen

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 09, 2020, 02:44:18 PM »
This is the quote I found - this isn't a lie. They still haven't taken any money from the government.

The first half certainly is. The second half is questionable. (The government didn't write any checks, but they signed a $2Billion contract with them)

Offline Euclid

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 09, 2020, 02:48:52 PM »
The first half certainly is. The second half is questionable. (The government didn't write any checks, but they signed a $2Billion contract with them)
I'd like to see the full context of this conversation before I jump to say that she lied. Maybe I'm just a trusting person but I find it hard to see a motive why she would lie about something so easily verifiable. To me it sounds like she's putting emphasis on the fact that this is something developed/financed entirely by Pfizer...

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #118 on: November 09, 2020, 02:57:40 PM »
Great story, did she have any bridges for sale?

Are bridges a good asset class to invest in now? Are they in high demand or is there an oversupply?
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline zh cohen

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 09, 2020, 04:00:12 PM »
Are bridges a good asset class to invest in now? Are they in high demand or is there an oversupply?

People are buying them at an unprecedented rate with no due diligence.