Author Topic: Realistic vaccine date- end of 2021?  (Read 83173 times)

Offline Jerseysteve

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Realistic vaccine date- end of 2021?
« Reply #420 on: December 29, 2020, 03:47:47 PM »
GIYF:

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2020/12/22/why-ohio-behind-other-states-administering-covid-vaccines/4013177001/

https://www.cleveland.com/open/2020/12/ohio-behind-on-vaccine-shipments-but-officials-say-new-doses-on-the-way.html
Thank you - but still progressing very slow - I was hoping to watch Dwine presser today but he decided not to give one. Let us learn from Israel and get the ball rolling we had so much time to prepare for this.

Online avromie7

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: December 29, 2020, 04:06:40 PM »
Thank you - but still progressing very slow - I was hoping to watch Dwine presser today but he decided not to give one. Let us learn from Israel and get the ball rolling we had so much time to prepare for this.
Some of it is a reporting delay.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline Jerseysteve

• View Profile
« Reply #422 on: December 29, 2020, 04:16:09 PM »
It seems to me that everyone should follow Israel and try to mass vaccinate - we should try our best that those who need them should get them first but if a few skip the line but we get many more vaccinated it is worth it.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: December 29, 2020, 04:23:02 PM »
It seems to me that everyone should follow Israel and try to mass vaccinate - we should try our best that those who need them should get them first but if a few skip the line but we get many more vaccinated it is worth it.
+1.

If there is one thing Israel is a global leader on, it's cutting the line...
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Online avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #424 on: December 29, 2020, 04:50:10 PM »
I disagree, I'd rather see high risk people vaccinated first even if it's 2 weeks after low risk people would otherwise get vaccinated. That being said, the priorities of most states are completely backwards.

Offline Jerseysteve

• View Profile

Offline Jerseysteve

• View Profile

Offline Jerseysteve

• View Profile
« Reply #427 on: December 29, 2020, 05:20:51 PM »
I disagree, I'd rather see high risk people vaccinated first even if it's 2 weeks after low risk people would otherwise get vaccinated. That being said, the priorities of most states are completely backwards.
also add that there is a school of thought that vaccinating the younger people who spread the virus is more beneficial.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/05/magazine/who-gets-covid-vaccine.html

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #428 on: December 29, 2020, 06:39:12 PM »
The two aren't contradictory. If at-risk people will only get vaccinated in 2 weeks anyways, we can vaccinate lower risk people in the meantime. Israel has plenty of vaccinations slots available in the the next 24h for anybody over 60 who is interested. Only 20% of that cohort is already vaccinated but most people just don't move quickly enough. They will go on Friday when it is convenient for them.

The US is placing way too much emphasis that people shouldn't get vaccinated out of order, and it's hurting all of us. It's the type of PC that Trump was supposed to get rid of.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Afrages6

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: December 29, 2020, 06:47:29 PM »
The two aren't contradictory. If at-risk people will only get vaccinated in 2 weeks anyways, we can vaccinate lower risk people in the meantime. Israel has plenty of vaccinations slots available in the the next 24h for anybody over 60 who is interested. Only 20% of that cohort is already vaccinated but most people just don't move quickly enough. They will go on Friday when it is convenient for them.

The US is placing way too much emphasis that people shouldn't get vaccinated out of order, and it's hurting all of us. It's the type of PC that Trump was supposed to get rid of.
Can never waste an opportunity to take a shot a Trump huh, if they made it first come first serve you’d be screaming that Trump is a murderer. You make fair points but the invocation of trump at every turn is quite ridiculous

Offline yzj

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: December 29, 2020, 07:27:41 PM »
https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN2931EJ

"The effort to distribute and administer the vaccine is not progressing as it should," Biden said in Wilmington, Delaware. At the current rate, "it's going to take years, not months, to vaccinate the American people."

Hyperbole?

Either way, the new variant will likely have quite an impact before a full vaccine rollout has a chance to stop it.

Offline Jerseysteve

• View Profile
« Reply #431 on: December 29, 2020, 07:39:52 PM »

Offline iluv2travel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: December 29, 2020, 07:42:55 PM »
Let's move to Eretz Yisrael. Isn't that where we all belong anyway?

Offline Jerseysteve

• View Profile
« Reply #433 on: December 29, 2020, 07:43:54 PM »
Can never waste an opportunity to take a shot a Trump huh, if they made it first come first serve you’d be screaming that Trump is a murderer. You make fair points but the invocation of trump at every turn is quite ridiculous
Never hurts to push his buttons - If Trump feels his legacy is on the line he will do what it takes to get things moving. The situation is so disappointing given that there was time to prepare even though the vaccine provides logistical challenges.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #434 on: December 29, 2020, 07:44:51 PM »
Let's move to Eretz Yisrael. Isn't that where we all belong anyway?
Depends who you ask

Offline Jerseysteve

• View Profile

Offline iluv2travel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: December 29, 2020, 07:54:45 PM »
Depends who you ask

So I'm asking you 😉.

I doubt everyone is running there anyway (unless they already had it in their plans or Mashiach comes), but its just shameful that it should even be a discussion that vaccinating will take 10 years. I'm sure it will be faster but we just need to see it happening.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #437 on: December 29, 2020, 07:56:04 PM »
So I'm asking you 😉.

Nobody is running there anyway, but its just shameful that it should even be a discussion that it'll take 10 years. I'm sure it will be faster but we just need to see it happening.
Nobody really thinks it will take 10 years, the point is just to illustrate how slow the current rate is.

Online avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #438 on: December 29, 2020, 08:10:54 PM »

This is not Israel with 9m residents, soon enough demand (even with the restrictions) will outpace supply. You make it seem like a dose not given today is going in the garbage when in reality it's going to someone on the priority list albeit at a slower pace than ideal so far.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #439 on: December 29, 2020, 09:00:44 PM »
https://twitter.com/rebeccajarvis/status/1344081352547774464?s=21

https://twitter.com/rebeccajarvis/status/1344082031370784773?s=21

https://twitter.com/rebeccajarvis/status/1344086932184309762?s=21

This is not Israel with 9m residents, soon enough demand (even with the restrictions) will outpace supply. You make it seem like a dose not given today is going in the garbage when in reality it's going to someone on the priority list albeit at a slower pace than ideal so far.
You make it seem like a dose given today to a 30yo is a dose taken away from an 80yo, when there are 10s of millions of doses sitting in warehouses.