Author Topic: Continental Up to 60,000 Bonus Miles. Plus Priority Boarding & Free Checked Bags  (Read 23934 times)

Offline bem684

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
The targeted offers say they are still good until January 31.  Don't know if that means the general public will still be able to get approved that late.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
The targeted offers say they are still good until January 31.  Don't know if that means the general public will still be able to get approved that late.
I wouldn't count on it, YMMV.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Mocha

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
So what is the consensus for the targeted mail offers? Just got the 60k (50+10) expires Feb 15. No way in getting this after having gotten the 50k 6 months back?

Offline creditor

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
got two targeted offers for 50k with 2 different invitation no. can I use one for my wife? or it has to match the name on the invitation?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk
I'm just say'in©®

Offline gevaldig

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
is there any way transferring over Continental miles from one account to my fathers account without paying a fee??

Offline Fan of Dan

• View Profile
We got a fifty k invite in the mail today good until FEBRUARY 15!

Offline lechaim2life

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Is there any difference which card you apply for (UA or CO)? I know the points are interchangable but are the benefits like Priority boarding, first bag free etc. also good for either airline?

Offline devora

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
My husband just got this targeted postcard in the mail  yesterday, but I just opened up a chase sapphire card for him on Friday (5 days ago; card has not yet arrived).  I am looking for advice: should I try to open up the continental card for him online and risk his being rejected? Should I call chase and ask them to close the sapphire and open this? Any advice greatly appreciated.

Offline Yeki89

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
we have 5 Continental one pass accounts, can i link them all together, online.?
please dont double post!!!
also try to keep to the thread not bringing in extra stuff!!!
yes you are able to merge account if
-the names are the same
-the addresss need to be the same as well
iu sent One Pass an email with the info and they did it for me

Offline Yeki89

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
i got an offer for 60k ex jan 31
can i give the offer to my wife, or it needs to be in my name?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
i got an offer for 60k ex jan 31
can i give the offer to my wife, or it needs to be in my name?
Needs to be your name, but it's very easy to match the co/ua offers.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline creditor

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
why shouldent it be able to get the offer posted earlier on ddf for 25k+5authorized user +50$ statement credit then match with Chase for another 20k =55k +50$ credit, its still better then the current offer showing on continental.com
the mentioned link still brings you to a page with that offer
I'm just say'in©®

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
When they give you the 20K they take away the $50.

Offline gevaldig

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
but wouldn't they expire after a period of time if you close your continental one pass??

Offline TC610

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
but wouldn't they expire after a period of time if you close your continental one pass??

This was already answered for you, in part my by myself and others.

1)  OnePass miles currently have no expiration date (this will change, see below).
2)  Even after the new expiration policy takes effect, you don't need a credit card to keep your miles.  Your miles won't expire so long as you have activity in the account (see T&Cs for a better explanation).

From CO's page:
Mileage Expiration

Miles currently have no expiry date; however, Continental Airlines reserves the right to impose expiry limits or terminate the OnePass program, thus terminating your ability to claim rewards. The OnePass program will formally end on December 31, 2011, followed by a wind-down period during the first quarter of 2012. Following the wind-down period, your OnePass award miles will be replaced with an equivalent grant of Mileage Plus reward miles. At that point, the Mileage Plus 18-month expiration policy will apply.

Inactive Membership

If no mileage is deposited in your account for 18 consecutive months, your membership may be cancelled, and your miles may be forfeited. To keep your account active, you can earn mileage with a variety of airline, non-travel and shopping partners. Please visit the Earn Miles section of this site for a full list of earnings partners.

And in your cross-topic as well: http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=12437.msg162565#msg162565

And for giggles, here is the updated policy regarding the OnePass and MileagePlus program merger:

Understanding the MileagePlus mileage expiration policy.

We want our members to enjoy and be engaged in the MileagePlus program, so we've made it easy to keep miles active. As long as a member earns or uses any MileagePlus award miles at least once every 18 months, none of the miles will ever expire. And there are hundreds of ways to earn or use award miles, such as flying United or any partner airline, staying at any of the many partner hotels, using miles to buy flowers or a magazine subscription, shopping online through one of our numerous MileagePlus partners or donating award miles to a charity. In addition, if a member holds an eligible Chase-issued MileagePlus or OnePass Credit Card, their award miles will never expire, as long as their card account is in good standing.

The MileagePlus policy will go into effect on April 1, 2012, for current OnePass accounts, which means the earliest their award miles could expire is September 30, 2013.